Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 makes first public appearence.. Looks Awesome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushantvirdi

Journeyman
*pic.gsmarena.com/vv//newsimg/09/06/sony-ericsson-xperia-x2/big.jpg

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x2_makes_a_first_public_appearance-news-950.php

So what do you guys think...

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
It is pathetic looking cheap plastic device..Yuckss!!! SE uses cheap material in construction which never lasts long. K810i is giving problems to me even if it is hardly 1 year old. Consider Motorola on the other hand which uses top class materials in its construction. Have a
look *www.smape.com/en/reviews/moto...rash_test.html

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Yea thats why moto is bankrupt. :lol:

Being bankrupt doesn't signify low product quality..It implies poor management of Motorola..And still Motorola is not bankrupt...There is still a chance of revival. They are still launching new models..

And best of all, they don't buy crappy phones from HTC and label them as their own phones (read Xperia which is a 100% HTC product).

*www.engadget.com/2008/02/10/no-wonder-sony-ericssons-xperia-x1-is-so-good-htc-makes-it/

And don't dismiss this as a rumor because I myself read interview of HTC Head in a mobile magazine "Cell Passion" in which he accepted that HTC is making Xperia for SE. A company that can't make its own hardware. :))

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Ever heard of the term ODM??
Its not possible for companies to have factories for each and every type of device. So to save costs the Xperia was ODM'd to HTC but the software and others were SE exclusive. As of now, SE has expelled its ODM order to HTC and moved to foxconn who ODMs the iphone.(Yea, you heard it right, the iphone isnt "made" by apple).
Most manufacturers ODM's their devices to other factories to save costs. The whole tech sector works with each other to save consumers from bearing the brunt of extra costs.

sujoyp

Grand Master
also I would like to say that SE gets technology from SONY who have their own sound system & digicams...they dont have to borrow technology from cam manufacturer like kodak...which increases the price.

but in tech field each company provides software/hardware to other even if it were its competitor .

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Ever heard of the term ODM??
Its not possible for companies to have factories for each and every type of device. So to save costs the Xperia was ODM'd to HTC but the software and others were SE exclusive. As of now, SE has expelled its ODM order to HTC and moved to foxconn who ODMs the iphone.(Yea, you heard it right, the iphone isnt "made" by apple).
Most manufacturers ODM's their devices to other factories to save costs. The whole tech sector works with each other to save consumers from bearing the brunt of extra costs.

I have a fair idea about ODMs. Even Mac is not made by Apple. But Have you heard about QUALITY CONTROL. Apple makes sure that its products are best in quality leaving no traces of their Chinese origins. Xperia down rightly looks likes a Cheap Chinese mobile and to the top of it demands an idiotic price tag on it..Next gen Xperia looks even worse in pics...Hail Motorola!!

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
also I would like to say that SE gets technology from SONY who have their own sound system & digicams...they dont have to borrow technology from cam manufacturer like kodak...which increases the price.

but in tech field each company provides software/hardware to other even if it were its competitor .

And still Motorola ZN5 is the cheapest 5 MP phone in market. Are they selling it in losses ::lol::

OP
S

sushantvirdi

Journeyman
I have a fair idea about ODMs. Even Mac is not made by Apple. But Have you heard about QUALITY CONTROL. Apple makes sure that its products are best in quality leaving no traces of their Chinese origins. Xperia down rightly looks likes a Cheap Chinese mobile and to the top of it demands an idiotic price tag on it..Next gen Xperia looks even worse in pics...Hail Motorola!!

thats your opinion about the phone not everyones...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

It has to be cheap.Now that if your phone is out of service you have to fly to singapore to get it fixed , now that Moto has brought down all its India divisions.
The Xperia is probably the best looking PDA in the market right now, and SE has better aesthetic sense than Moto has. Moto is sill flying under their razr glory. LOL.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Why do you guys make every thread SE vs everyone else. Why every thread is becoming a fight. Right now ,moto is in as much trouble as SE is. Just as moto is in bad financial state so it se. SE is now in 5th position and sony lost 1.14 billion dollar this year . So stop arguing who is worse. but i must say i will be sad if moto dies. They make the best ''phone'' in the industry in terms of reception and voice quality , something that all new asian manufacturers sucks at. I hope moto strikes back with their android device . I'll buy an android with zn5 hardware in a heartbeat.

Btw , this xperia might be fake . Se cant afford to release experimental products like x2 in its current financial condition. It better concentrate on sure shot products like like aino and w995.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*www.fanklub.se/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/vulcanprzod.jpg

Well, its true.

The new SE Xperia X2:

8.1mp cam
WM 6.5
3.5 inch Wvga screen
3.5mm jack

and all the Xperia X1 essentials.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Am i the only one who thinks this looks ugly as hell (at lest compared to x1)? Probably the second ugliest se phone ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom