::sony Ericsson Guru Here::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta Waves

Journeyman
Your fastport is loose. Mostly happens due to bad hardware modding, or extensive use of fastport. Solution is if you can take out the port, do it and press it in the sides using a pair of pliers, to compress it. If you cant take out the port, hold the DCU-60 head with it tightly using one hand. No patch can resolve this, as its the problem with the phone.

But this can be a problem with the DCU-60 cable too, That might be loose. I suggest you get another cable from a friend and try it. If its faulty, replace it.

What is fast port ? Ya I will try with another cable and check ...

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hello friends, me myself is a modder..I have modded loads of stuff on my w580i.

Here's my query..

I have a old k750i..I thought of upgrading it. Attached it to my new laptop using a dcu-60 cable..after seconds, got a message Windows cannot recognize the USB device.

I used to do all the modding stuff in my computer..so tried in my computer..same error..but when my w580 is connected it works both in my new laptop as well as the computer.

I tried google, se-nse, topse all the leading sony modding websites.

Their suggestions are to reload xp, change cable.

I can't reload xp bcos the laptop is a new one, also I have changed the cable, stil the same error.

I installed all the drivers for k750, universal usb drivers, everything. But still nothing.

Pls pls help me out.

provide me a solution.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Your fastport might be loose. Happened on a friend's phone I modded. Plug the cable onto the phone, and hold the joint tight with one hand and connect it to whatever software you use. Then after connection is established, place it slowwwwwly on a flat surface nearby and dont move it.

If you're into hardware modding, open up the case and clean the fastport, and use pliers to press the fastport plastic to being tight again. I did it for this friend and its working pretty good.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ +1. The fast port is the culprit, mostly. BTW, don't force in the cable too hard, you may damage its pins.

If you can boot into some Linux distro then do it and connect your phone. If its MS is detected as a removable drive then its a problem with Windows. If its not detected, its a fast port problem for sure. Linux doesn't need any drivers, so don't worry about installing one.

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^ different sugg..but i am not into hardware modding..so no idea wat is a fast port or how to fix it..pls explain.

dreams

Gracias Senor
The connector which is present in the phone??? K..will try it..but got another idea..can I give the phone to a service center(Local one) and check whether anything can be done??? Is that a good idea???

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
@dreams i had the same prob with my sisters k750i ..the fastport get loose after extensive use..u have to press it a little harder and when it gets recognised u have to keep it on a flat surface untouched ...as dheeraj already explained.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ Thats the fast port connector on the charger/headset etc. This is the fastport:

*img508.imageshack.us/img508/6044/fastportyb6.jpg

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yep, dreams posted the connector, and infra_red_dude posted the port itself. The best thing to do for a beginner is to set it slowly on a flat surface, but for avoiding future problems with the port, including charging, headphones and usb cable problems I would recommend you tighten it. You can ask a shopkeeper to do it for you, or if its within warranty take it to a SE service centre. There you can get the port plastic replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.