Some questions regarding CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Hi,

I want to do CCNA. I m in Surat(Gujarat).
I m somewhat puzzled abt from where should i do CCNA.
Here there r 3 options IIHT, IHT & Jetking.
So from where should i do??
I asked some person from IIHT & their fees is 9500 + taxes.
I haven't asked the fees at jetking.

I also want to ask u that r there any other good courses in the networking field, or CCNA is the best?
Should i do any other course?
I want to go in networking field only therefore i m asking u.
Thanx in advance.:)

OP
saqib_khan

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
which is harder? MCSE or CCNA.
And r there any other good courses in networking?

And thanx for ur reply.

CCNA, in my opinion is harder. I myself am a CCNA, although i am not presently working in networking field. CCNA and MCSE both have a good repo in the market, CCNA is more geared towards Cisco WAN networking hardware while MCSE is more about Microsoft Server OSs and is Software Centric.

and Ya, choice of center will be dependent on faculty in specific centers, i recommend you take 1 try class at every center, if possible and then decide. I did mine from Rooman Technologies, Noida. I will rate it as just OK. Fee at that time (about 2 years ago) was 9000, and that includes tution Fee payable to center and Exam Fee payable to CISCO. I think you should try Jetking first. They have good repo as far as i know.

Good Luck!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the ccna exam is not theoretical but computer simulated scenarios that make it difficult, mcsa (4 exams)/mcse (4+3 exams) as of now are theoretical exams where u get 1 question and options choose the 1 u feel, there are abt 200 fixed questions out of which the exam is set, iv heard that mcsa/e is also gonna change its exam pattern to the 1 like ccna

OP
saqib_khan

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
So, should i do MCSE first?
Whats the price of MCSE, if anybody know.

Also, can i do MCSE, i am not graduate.
I m currently doing BCA.
I have done DCA & CIC.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i dont remmeber the cost for mcsa/e and yeah any1 can do it ;)

ccna is 7k if u give both exams on same day (ccns has 2 exams to be given) and 7k+7k if u choose to give them on separate days

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
There is no point in writing MCSE Exams as of now as Windows 2008 Server has been released. Under this pattern, MCTS Exams are allowed.
Google MCTS for more details

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Whatever you do, do not do CCNA from Jetking. I have a friend who was a center head of Jetking. She painted the true picture in front of me and I would not really recommend Jetking to anyone after that.

And no neither MCSE nor CCNA require you to be graduate or have any formal qualification for that matter.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Mav, R you giving any of these? Which is the best institute in Mumbai for CCNA?
i joined cms for both but have taken a break for a month ....

jetking and cms were the only 2 options i had but jetking has a franchise in parle (alfa rd. go straight, somewhr there) also jetking has a rule tht u have to come in formals (with tie) so i decided not go to jetking and joined cms (they are MS partner teaching insti) but they too suck horribly and now mohit says jetking sucks too :lol:

so do any of them but do join coz then u will get the "question bank" ;)

Pathik

Google Bot
What do you say? Is it possible to do both without any classes? And what r the fees for both in CMS? and the course duration?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
The thing is that watever insti you join, you have to study on your own. The insti ppl would only cover the basics. You would get the books and in most instis they can get your exams cleared for you, provided you pay them the money!

If you want knowledge, you have to study on your own. They may also assist you in getting the first break but you can only get proper knowledge if you are among the lucky few to get a good teacher.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yeah one can learn anything by self study.

Insti only help u get in routine and discipline. There is nothing magical abt them.

But u do need to understand the topology before u dive in for an adventure

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
What do you say? Is it possible to do both without any classes? And what r the fees for both in CMS? and the course duration?

yeah one can learn anything by self study.

Insti only help u get in routine and discipline. There is nothing magical abt them.
in this case i would suggest u to join the classes:

the books u get/course material and also as i said earlier the very important - question bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom