[SOLVED] Invalid S/N for WD My Passport Ultra hard disk from Cost to Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

vineet09

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I bought a new WD My Passport Ultra 2TB external hard disk from " Cost To Cost " - Nehru Place, Delhi on 22 Jun 2015 . I checked the hard disk on WD Support Portal website and found that the S/N is invalid:-x Just wanted to warn the future buyers. There were no typos like 'O' instead of 0.

My theory is they sold me an OEM disk and i think that WD doesn't provides 3 year warranty (or any warranty?) as it does for standard hard disks.

I am going to visit the shop soon but as you can see they didn't provide any s/n in the VAT bill.

Link to invoice:

*i.imgur.com/PxpTKrI.jpg

Note: Shop name on invoice is different but address is same and is also given online.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Can you check against a different country ? United States ?

May be this HDD was imported from United States.

OP
V

vineet09

Broken In
WD have just updated their WD Support Portal site. Apparently site was going through some maintenance and was giving wrong error. I contacted them by phone just now and they verified the s/n as a valid hard disk with 3 years WD warranty till 23 May 2018.

I guess everything is fine with the hard disk though it would be better if Cost To Cost had mentioned s/n of the product in invoice like most of the legit sellers do.

Note: Mods kindly delete this thread as the situation is resolved and the product is genuine. Thanks.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Closing the thread as the issue is resolved. Don't see the point in deleting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom