Software that will protect pics uploaded on the net from being copied

hjthegeek

Broken In
me as graphic designer I tell you .. watermark is not safest option.. their are many jobs to remove watermark from Images..

Watermark can be removed if it is not on the main attraction of the image or it is on a background. If you watermark the main attraction of the image, It will not be possible to remove it without disturbing the image.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
even the tech review website use watermark on their images but the truth is there's no full proof way to protect any images once you put them on a web page no matter what technique one uses.

The only thing one can is to make the image copy/save process more complicated.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Folks it's like this. I will upload the pics in Picasso or some online website so that my friends/relatives can watch it. Last time however what happened was one of my friends saved it on his local machine and then uploaded into facebook which I didn't want. So the people who gonna do will most probably be friends and I don't think they would have so much time to go around finding software to remove watermarks or copy right etc. All I want is that I can upload the pics and nobody should be able to save it on their local machines.

clmlbx

Technomancer
from public host/website not possible. even if you watermark then your friends can post it on Facebook. so your problem not Solved.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
It is impossible to protect your files. However you can just tell your friend not to share it. if your friend is trustworthy then he wont upload the pics. Else he is not your friend :p

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Many have said it and I will say it again - Just not possible.

Reason: The way a Web Browser functions, it's a client side software which requests data - your image being data. If someone requests your image via visiting your site or any other way, whether he realizes or not, he has your image already.

So either you watermark the image or don't upload it. And removing watermarks degrades the image, and more often than not, can be easily spotted.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Ok, I know its not possible but something is better than nothing.

Look here: Havok Nation

I don't know how is the coding done, but option to save image after right click is not coming (though I found the link in source :p). Still it can keep noobs away.

Just my point.

clmlbx

Technomancer
^ well particularly on that site save as option is not their as their is no image.. It is background. ..anyway some one can always use screen capture.. :wink:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Folks it's like this. I will upload the pics in Picasso or some online website so that my friends/relatives can watch it. Last time however what happened was one of my friends saved it on his local machine and then uploaded into facebook which I didn't want. So the people who gonna do will most probably be friends and I don't think they would have so much time to go around finding software to remove watermarks or copy right etc. All I want is that I can upload the pics and nobody should be able to save it on their local machines.

If you just want the pics to be shared with just specific (trusted) people, you can upload the pics on facebook and add only the members with whom you want to share it.
Online image sharing sites also lets user to make his pics private or unlisted so that it can only be viewed with the intended recipient using a link.

dude_gamer

Half Life2-Follow Freeman

I don't know how is the coding done, but option to save image after right click is not coming (though I found the link in source :p). Still it can keep noobs away.

Just my point.
Yes the newbie may be don't know how to copy that but there are lots of way to copying it.
By Mozilla Add-on method:
Trick

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^ well particularly on that site save as option is not their as their is no image.. It is background. ..anyway some one can always use screen capture.. :wink:

Actually you can't. As the image (or background) is overlapped by other contents too. Its a much better way.

Yes the newbie may be don't know how to copy that but there are lots of way to copying it.
By Mozilla Add-on method:
Trick

Oh c'mon, I already said something is better than nothing. :|

clmlbx

Technomancer
Actually you can't. As the image (or background) is overlapped by other contents too. Its a much better way.

I meant, user can capture screen even if right click is blocked... and that image on site is in background so it does not show save as option..

well yes even I looked to source and got the link to image.. hope now it is clear:wink:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
these links might be helpful ;-)

10+ Ways To Protect Images From Being Stolen

Reader Question: How do I protect my images online?

Flash

Lost in speed

Just my point.

Thats surely a trick.:cool:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ they must have used the image as background - you can use the no right click script or else put a blank image file ( same dimension ) over your image to protect it - ( first method on 10+ ways to protect images online link ) which is best for multiple images IMO.

mrintech

Technomancer
Create a Flickr Gallery and disable Downloading of Images > This will disable Save Image As... option in all browsers and will also prevent drag and drop image in the URL bar trick

But, as everyone said advanced users can still save your personal images on their hard drive by using tools/browser's media info. option

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Create a Flickr Gallery and disable Downloading of Images > This will disable Save Image As... option in all browsers and will also prevent drag and drop image in the URL bar trick

great .. did not know this before .. TFS ;-)

Top Bottom