SMC Intl. is trying to cheat me.. please suggest.

boddunan

Broken In
Hi All,

Recently I have bought Logitech Z623 speakers at Smcinternational dot com and have paid through the bank transfer method they asked. The total amount was 5850.

After a couple of days, I recieved a mail from them and told that the price of the speakers is revised and asked me to pay the balance. The new price is 2000 more than that I have paid earlier.

I have the invoice from there website and payment made from my bank account fund transfer.

Please suggest me what to do.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Did you receive the speaker in the 1st place? IF not then 1st call their help desk and clear every thing from ur side. if nothing works, you can lodge a complain against them in consumer forum.

OP
B

boddunan

Broken In
I did not get the speakers. Today they sent me a mail saying they will refund the money.

First of all I am ditched, why they need to advertise for low price and increase it after paying and ask me to pay more.

Please let me know how can I lodge complaint on consumer forum.

What is the actual price of the speakers.

5500 for speaker + 300 for shipping.

Now the price they are asking is around 7455+shipping
Logitech Speaker System Z623

d3p

PowerHouse
I think, its better if you discuss with them over phone & try to resolve this issue.

Moreover i think its a clear mistake from SMC by advertising the components at lower price, by mistake or its a typo error.

Call them & resolve it out, as they have very good reputation inside india for online dealings.

Piyush

Lanaya
i thing someone on the desk at their place was misinformed about the model or something
they don't wanna do such kind of stuff as it will hamper their reputation

thebanik

Broken In
There is always revision of prices going on. Sometimes there is a human error in putting the prices. It happens with even big companies like Dell etc. Sometimes they honor it and sometimes they refund.

Great customer service would have been if they would have given you the speakers for the same price but a difference of Rs. 2000 would mean it was some sort of mistake.

But If they return your money, I guess that would not be fraud.

I did not get the speakers. Today they sent me a mail saying they will refund the money.

First of all I am ditched, why they need to advertise for low price and increase it after paying and ask me to pay more.

Please let me know how can I lodge complaint on consumer forum.

5500 for speaker + 300 for shipping.

Now the price they are asking is around 7455+shipping
Logitech Speaker System Z623

OP
B

boddunan

Broken In
There is always revision of prices going on. Sometimes there is a human error in putting the prices. It happens with even big companies like Dell etc. Sometimes they honor it and sometimes they refund.

Great customer service would have been if they would have given you the speakers for the same price but a difference of Rs. 2000 would mean it was some sort of mistake.

But If they return your money, I guess that would not be fraud.

Agree they may not be doing fraud as they are ready to refund. But frankly speaking they are the most dishonest and unreliable seller online now. I don't think Dell or any other good company or for that matter even Indian companies like FutureBaazaar just refund the money after the payment made and they realize their mistake. I bet on this.

I would have much appreciated if they would have offered me some discount instead of asking me to pay 50% more money. Heck.. SMC is no more the company I am going to belive. I do not face any issue with Lynx india till now and I will continue with them though the prices are little bit more.

mohityadavx

Youngling
But If they return your money I guess that would not be fraud.

No it will be considered fraud as they made the customer wait he may have got a piece at that price in the meanwhile from someone else but he was not able to do so as they withheld the money with them during this period.

Also time taken to notify of price hike is too large as if they were waiting for price hike.

Even if they want to return back the money it should be refunded with an interest on the principal with interest rate being agreed by both the concerned parties.

For guidance on how to lodge a compalint in consumer court

:-

see this website

*www.nationalconsumerhelpline.in/

or call this no

1800114000 ( Toll Free)

Last edited:

Kanra

Broken In
Agree they may not be doing fraud as they are ready to refund. But frankly speaking they are the most dishonest and unreliable seller online now. I don't think Dell or any other good company or for that matter even Indian companies like FutureBaazaar just refund the money after the payment made and they realize their mistake. I bet on this.

Don't bet on it so soon :grin:

*www.crn.com/news/components-periph...;jsessionid=952keNyMh+3LHA2edpRyaA**.ecappj02

Wrong price marking push Dell into credit crisis in Taiwan - Dell failed into credit crisis, Dell in Taiwan, Dell lose a lawsuit

Dell did sell LCD monitors by mistake at abt $15 instead of $230 once for abt 8 hrs raking in 140000 orders and refused to honor the orders until the courts stepped in

thebanik

Broken In
No it will be considered fraud as they made the customer wait he may have got a piece at that price in the meanwhile from someone else but he was not able to do so as they withheld the money with them during this period.

Also time taken to notify of price hike is too large as if they were waiting for price hike.

Even if they want to return back the money it should be refunded with an interest on the principal with interest rate being agreed by both the concerned parties.

For guidance on how to lodge a compalint in consumer court

:-

see this website

National Consumer Helpline - 1800-11-4000 Jago Grahak jago,Complaint Management System

or call this no

1800114000 ( Toll Free)

Two days of difference too large??? How much interest do you think two days would accrue when we are talking about Rs. 5500??? You got any reference where Consumer Court has stepped in for something similar???? You got any reference where Consumer Court has given a order claiming such instances would make a company fraud????

Top Bottom