Smartphone vs PMP

Smartphone vs PMP

• HTC Sensation XE

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Cowon D3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ipod touch

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Any other device which suits my requirements (pls specify)

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

sanithkk81

Broken In
Hi All,

I want an ultimate entertainment device. First I thought I would exchange my W995 and buy HTC sensation xe.

But I thought again and found out that what I really need is a device which has got the best sound quality and media playing capability of any formats.

And I also want to dump many free apps and games and use it without any lag. And it must get continuous OS updates.

So I shortlisted 3 devices:
1. Ipod touch
2. Cowon D3
3. HTC Sensation XE

Thanks in advance

Main purpose:
1. Entertainment (games), Entertainment(music) and Entertainment(apps) which must be free ;-)
2. Good OS without any lag
3. Updates

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
There is no real- "ultimate entertainment device"

Different people have different priorities.
Main purpose:
1. Entertainment (games), Entertainment(music) and Entertainment(apps) which must be free
2. Good OS without any lag
3. Updates
Seeing your requirements, you should go for iPod Touch :wink:

TheLetterD

Will Power
If you can afford it... Why not the iPad 2? :D
The prices will fall significantly once the iPad 3 is released in April.

OP
sanithkk81

sanithkk81

Broken In
@techfreak: Which OS is having more free apps? Android or iOS?
And what about Cowon it has got bigger screen than ipod touch and cheaper?

Does ipod touch supports mkv file? In apple's official website they didn't mention it. Moreover No Full HD video playback too :(

@LetterD: Ipad would be too big for me :p

@Sam: I preferred Sensation XE over Galaxy S II because former has better build quality and sound quality(Beats audio). The battery problem of sensation got solved in sensation xe and it is also much faster than Galaxy S II.

TheLetterD

Will Power
I Dont understand why would you want to play a full HD video on the iPod? The iPod touch has a 640p display, thats why a 640p and a 1080p video would look the same!
Besides the ARM Cortex-A8 800MHz processor would probably be able unable to run a 1080p clip even if you use 3rd party apps.

And yes you can use Apps to play mkv content but then too dont expect it to run videos larger than 480p without lag.

aroraanant

Explorer
Get an ipod touch as you will get a better battery back up and you can use it totally for your entertainment.
Otherwise Sensation XE is a very good phone.If you wanna get your phone replaced then go for it.
Also consider Samsung Note as one of your options.Its very good.The best device by Samsung according to me

Top Bottom