Silent Hill: Homecoming Discussion

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Well SH is known for it's cryptic puzzles, if you don't feel like bashing heads then consider reading a walkthrough.

There was this Shakespearian poetic puzzle in SH 3 which was kind of Latin and Greek for those who do not have any interest in literature. I ended up reading a walkthrough to get through that part.

But that didn't stop me from feeling the awesome twists/storyline and graphic otheworld.

I heard there are some tricky puzzles in it too that depends upon the clues given in from the starting of the game :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I so feel like using the walkthrough but don't want to give up before trying my best. It seems very confusing & the blocks are really frustrating. Reminds me of RE4's puzzle solving. :mad:

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
last two tomb raider series have quide good puzzle solving.in this new version i have read they do not have any boss fights.but extreme puzzle solving.

i loved those two previous tomb raider specially the music.:D

btw i have never played any sh series.is it good.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
btw i have never played any sh series.is it good.
Then better try this one. It has a fresh new approach in terms of gameplay. Dodging to be specific. The atmosphere is made up brilliantly. The spook factor of this game is nothing like Doom III & it's clones but more of "What's going to happen next?" kind of thing. The entire town is nearly empty, so you'll have a very tough time dealing with lonely environments & those creepy monsters. It's really exciting. Even if you haven't played any previous SH games, pick this one up.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Damn. XFire dosent recognize. I tried the manual way too but it needs steam.exe ... :|. But who cares, the game is fun!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nope. Currently, for the PC, it's only available via Steam. The retail copy is set to be released in Europe on Feb 2009.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
it's thru steam only and AFAIK it is NOT copy protected, neither are the video and audio files encrypted.

Even data files are in extractable .pak extension :D

Looks like a slap on EA :p Did someone hear that upgrade packs for Dead Space are even more scary :D

EDIT: Slipped NOT :D

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
it's thru steam only and AFAIK it is copy protected, neither are the video and audio files encrypted.
Did you mean it's not copy protected? :D

Anyway I just completed the sliding puzzle. Yippee! Although must say that it was a total fluke attempt. I wasn't even trying that hard to solve it. Just kept moving those slides & by the end I realised that I was almost there. The story is getting more interesting now. I now have a map to Silent Hill which Alex's dad had apparently left behind. It seems like some order had been kidnapping all the people from his hometown. Now his mother gets abducted as well while I'm knocked out.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Completed the game. The game actually has 5 alternate endings. DAM!

I got the Hospital ending. I'll see if I can reload earlier saves to get the other endings or will just watch it over YouTube. The game was really good. Waiting for it's soundtrack to release.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
soundtrack is already in the game directory :p

And yeah all silent hill games have more than 5 endings, thats what makes it more engrossing and personal. Those ending depends upon how you play.
There are some goodies and easter eggs too if you have played earlier versions. You get some new weapons and costumes on second playthrough. It's fun actually.

Did you mean it's not copy protected? :D
yeah no shitty DRM sh!te and other annoyances

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Me watching all the endings on YouTube now :p.

Silent Hill Homecoming/Engine/audio/OGG/Streams/

:)

Last edited:
OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
well it is not that scary now.
*rgdsxrg.notlong.com
its more like psychological horror than scare you round the corner kinda thing. What actually looks monsters are not monsters in reality, they have something related to Alex.

Watch Jacob's Ladder or play Silent Hill 2 (dont play any other from the series, but this one is a must play in life)

Me watching all the endings on YouTube now :p.

Silent Hill Homecoming/Engine/audio/OGG/Streams/

:)
i havent spoiled the endings till now, would like to experience it myself.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm not sure if the quality of those tracks would be that good. The in-game sound rendering was very poor & barely audible. Where's the location of those files again?

Yep. I unlocked ER Alex. I wanted to check all the endings. Too bad I didn't get the happy ending. The story was really intriguing & that's what kept me hooked. Brilliant game. Hope to see more of it in the future.

EDIT: Thanks for the location Paranj. Just listening to my fav background track now. The quality of the ogg file is excellent. Wonder why it was so suppressed in the game. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom