should we attack on pak...........?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Dont india have any patriot missiles for nukes??
we don't exactly have patriot missile(used widely in gulf war) defence system but we have SAM 300 which is slightly better than patriot,we might even have the latest SAM 400.We also have our home made prithvi while pakistan has none to very basic missile defence system.But in any case none of them is sufficient in case of nuke wareheads.Max. range of engagement is 300km which isn't just good enough for nukes.

afonofa

Journeyman
do you think the US would allow china to control pakistan's N weapons??
They couldn't do anything about it when china gave nuclear tech to pakistan and china today is not the china back then, ditto the case with the USA. china has nuclear weapons and ICBM's(intercontinental ballstic missiles) with which it can deter the USA to a large extent. If pakistan and china mutually agreed to a transfer of control of pakistan's nuclear arsenal to china, then there is nothing the USA can do about it.

Contrary to that India has possibly scrapped our ICBM program, Surya, so as to not threaten western nations. But we are working on the 5000 km range Agni-V (direct jump from Agni-III* or Agni-IV) which will help ensure that India does not have to deploy Agni-III close to our eastern border(to deter china). True that we don't need ICBM's today but who can predict the future and since we probably have the technology, why not develop an ICBM just to show off :D.

If china does have control of pakistani nukes then it's even more dangerous for India. In a situation like we are in today, china could launch pakistan's nukes at India and the resultant Indo-pak(proxy china) nuclear war would effectively terminate any Indian challenge to chinese dominance in Asia and on the world stage.

pakistan may be foolish enough to consider china as an ally and India as the enemy but to their credit, pakistan will not give up control of their nuclear weapons to china or the USA. Definitely not the USA. If they did that then pakistan would be reduced to being a vassal of the USA.

If pakistan does have nuclear weapons then the control is firmly with pakistan and nobody else. It would be dangerous on our part going in for a fight and underestimating the enemy. So if we launch surgical strikes or take any military action, we have to assume the worst case scenario will come to pass and prepare accordingly. If it turns out that the USA has control of pakistan's nukes then...no harm no foul.

One aspect to consider about aerial strikes on terrorist camps is collateral damage. The USA with all their technology have not been able to escape collateral damage. So if we have a vision for a future, where PoK would be integrated with India(militarily or otherwise) then we have to consider the further alienation which civilian casualties will have on the people in PoK.

Due to the ineptness of our netas(all of them), we are already dealing with a china-armed-pakistan on the west, next it's going to be a china-armed-bangladesh on the east. If India doesn't reach out, same will be the case with Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and Myanmar.

Our Prithvi Air Defense anti-ballistic missile had successfully shot down an attacker missile(another Prithvi) in the test. It's an impressive feat to get a direct hit the first time itself *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/113.gif. But the Prithvi Air Defense is nowhere close to giving us an operational missile defense shield *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/32.gif.

All Indians have been living under a veil of untruth which has been lifted and today a great truth has been revealed i.e.,
India was originally a part of pakistan!

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Here are some points I would like to summarize:
1) The terrorists who attacked Mumbai were indeed Pakistanis
2) Such an act can't be performed by amateurs, they have been trained by military personnel
3) The extend of role played by Pakistan army, navy and ISI is not fully known
4) The proof of Pakistani connection (Kasab) has been made available to Pakistan, but they stubbornly refuse to accept it.
5) Logically, Pakistan can't accept its role, because if it does so, it would be branded a terrorist nation, they can't do it
6) Pakistan can't deliver the wanted terrorists to India, as these people may spill the beans.
7) Some elements have served American CIA too and they wouldn't want their dirty job to be exposed.
8) Whipping up a war rhetoric is their way to divert attention from real issues of terrorism
9) Pakistan can't attack India, they have no grounds to do so
10) India can attack Pakistan, not because India wants to Punish Pakistan but that Congress has to show that it did something (elections are nearby)
11) A war with Pakistan must have clear objective and must be pursued till those objectives are met
12) A war that lasts few days/weeks and then stopped due to international pressure doesn't serve India's purpose (except Congress)
13) Even if war continues beyond few weeks; Pakistan will be supported covertly by USA and China.
14) India can't win a decisive war over Pakistan under current situations
15) USA has systems in place that can deactivate Indian missile systems and radar systems
16) War is not a solution at all; it will unite all the anti-Indians. The military and the civilian government will join hands
17) Taliban battling Pak troops at Afghan border have volunteered to fight with Pak troops against India in the name of muslim brotherhood
18) World can only provide lip service to India, nothing more
19) It is India's problem, only India can solve it
20) Pakistan had alway perpetuated terrorism in India and will continue to so.
21) It is India's job to heighten its surveillance and protect/tackle terrorist attacks.
22) Corruption prevalent in India only helps terrorists to do anything they please, curbing curroption would be the first step in fighting terrorism.
23) Thanks for participating in my terror poll at www.microrao.com/terror_poll.php

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Trust me Adi007, I do not know exactly how they do it..but I can tell you this because someone working with those missile system told me. USA have some jammers or something, which make our missiles useless. And it ain't no BS, man!

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Trust me Adi007, I do not know exactly how they do it..but I can tell you this because someone working with those missile system told me. USA have some jammers or something, which make our missiles useless. And it ain't no BS, man!

And can they also do it with pakistani missiles?

paid

Journeyman
It is a very embarrassing for us that we have not yet taken any step nor responded strongly against terrorist camps and pak threatening daily. Just imagine Mr. Pranab asking Pak for ISI chief and was refused, all options open & we don't want war, Terrorist list-rejected, Dawood living free there. what image is created in world of our leaders in top seat like manmohan Singh & Pratibha patil have no courage and confidence to express strongly on any issues. why culprits like Afzal and all previous attacks not sentenced? why we still using kabaar 303 rifles that have been discontinued by British after World War? officially more than 60000 casualties(reuters) due to these terrorists so far are'nt we already at war? We definitely missing strong leaders like Subhash, Sanjay Gandhi, Indira Gandhi. Every criminal has confidence in Indian law, politics & corruption that no matter what you do nothing will happen unless you comes in gun range of Indian Military. Now next elections are due and again a probability of coalition government thus all decisions taken by such government be under pressure and threatening and support withdrawl by coalition. why we are not given a choice to choose a disciplined military rule where corruption is the least? atleast every criminal, mafia or corrupt persons have fear that he wont be spared. it is need of our country to have courageous & matured blood in politics thereby making us feel being a proud Indian in the world.......but I know dreams never comes true :( :-(

Last edited:

nix

@afonofa: interesting post..

actually, when china gave nuc-tech to pakistan, the time was befre 9/11 and pakistan was quite stable. my thought is, US didnt do anything is, coz they didnt have any slight idea that pakistan is going to turn on them (they still dont realise that). and US at that time was just not bothered about the kashmir issue. they were prolly still upset with us coz we took russia's side during the cold war.

this is actually pretty confusing as, before george bush came to power, he said that china was a strategic competitor. afterwards, US didnt seem to do anything to counteract china's power. china is unstoppable now. india is the only country in this region that can actually kind of stand up to any chinese aggression. all our neighbours will either take their side or fall like matchsticks. its time for us put our act together and buy some stuff for our military.

its surprising why US is not doing anything to contain china's rise.. isnt one superpower supposed to stop another emerging one??. there is no doubt now, china is after the #1 title.

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Bit off the topic I must say, but yes, China is unstoppable. USA had always tried getting dirty to prevent that but they couldn't. Russians know they can't either, so they are getting friendlier. There is no power in this region that can hold up China, not even India. India can never win a war with China, should that happen. This is not my assessment but from someone working in Indian Air Force.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Asia is ruled by China and Russia :p
I hope Russians will help us when China supports Pak.

A war will send us decades back in progress.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
o_O,the world of "geopolitics"

India pwn Pakistan
China pwn both India and Pakistan
USA pwn Pakistan
China pwn USA,:O
India+USA pwn Pakistan+China
Russia+India pwn China
China pwn Russia
Pakistan pwn None
China pwn ALL
USA gets pwned anyway
Russia doesn't get pwn anyway

Moral:India and Pakistan are dead meat in all possibilities,while China replaces USA for teh #1 spot,if USA wants to survive,she better STFU already.Russia can take over EU for a while,china being busy in Indian sub-continent and USA,then China takes over the rest of the world.:)

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
There is a saying in Hindi which goes like this, "jo sheeshe ke gharon mein rehte hain, woh doosron ke ghar pattar nahin phekte".

We can nuke them, but can they not nuke us in retaliation? Present day nukes are more powerful than the ones dropped on Japan. The casualty can be unfathomable.

Nuclear weapon is a curse against humanity and must never never be used on the planet earth.

No war of any kind can defeat the spirit of determined minds, these Taliban militia are war-hardened people. Even if the army is defeated in a conventional war, who can stop the guerilla attacks against us? The mighty USA is still struggling to contain the resugent Taliban.

War is not an option, there can't be a military solution. Curbing corruption and strengthening our own intelligence and counter-terrorism measures only can protect us.

OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
War is not an option, there can't be a military solution. Curbing corruption and strengthening our own intelligence and counter-terrorism measures only can protect us.

I agree........
but its our responsibility too....as an indian citizen that we help the gov strengthening india....
There r a lot of instances (generally very small) that we ignore and contribute to anti-social things......like corruption, security negligience.......
I qoute one instance....!
most of us caught by traffic police for not obeying traffic rules like not wearing helmet, jumping red light etc etc....atleast once...!!
But in that situation what we do, instead of paying the challan...we offer bribe to the officer, which he is also waiting for....!!

This mentality must be changed.......otherwise these wars n talks of national security is just nonsense...!!
First we have to change ourselves, our mindsets then only india will change.....as india is made of us...:)
Most of the ppl think this is a filmy or speech something like that........
But i am serious here........and i decided not to contribute in anything that increase the negativity in society.....!!

You can also quote what more we can do.......like not giving bribe to any govt officer, i'll caste my vote, help in security checkings etc etc
like i just quoted above..!!
After all, we all have to unite together.....!!

abhijangda

Padawan
They couldn't do anything about it when china gave nuclear tech to pakistan and china today is not the china back then, ditto the case with the USA. china has nuclear weapons and ICBM's(intercontinental ballstic missiles) with which it can deter the USA to a large extent. If pakistan and china mutually agreed to a transfer of control of pakistan's nuclear arsenal to china, then there is nothing the USA can do about it.

Contrary to that India has possibly scrapped our ICBM program, Surya, so as to not threaten western nations. But we are working on the 5000 km range Agni-V (direct jump from Agni-III* or Agni-IV) which will help ensure that India does not have to deploy Agni-III close to our eastern border(to deter china). True that we don't need ICBM's today but who can predict the future and since we probably have the technology, why not develop an ICBM just to show off :D.

If china does have control of pakistani nukes then it's even more dangerous for India. In a situation like we are in today, china could launch pakistan's nukes at India and the resultant Indo-pak(proxy china) nuclear war would effectively terminate any Indian challenge to chinese dominance in Asia and on the world stage.

pakistan may be foolish enough to consider china as an ally and India as the enemy but to their credit, pakistan will not give up control of their nuclear weapons to china or the USA. Definitely not the USA. If they did that then pakistan would be reduced to being a vassal of the USA.

If pakistan does have nuclear weapons then the control is firmly with pakistan and nobody else. It would be dangerous on our part going in for a fight and underestimating the enemy. So if we launch surgical strikes or take any military action, we have to assume the worst case scenario will come to pass and prepare accordingly. If it turns out that the USA has control of pakistan's nukes then...no harm no foul.

One aspect to consider about aerial strikes on terrorist camps is collateral damage. The USA with all their technology have not been able to escape collateral damage. So if we have a vision for a future, where PoK would be integrated with India(militarily or otherwise) then we have to consider the further alienation which civilian casualties will have on the people in PoK.

Due to the ineptness of our netas(all of them), we are already dealing with a china-armed-pakistan on the west, next it's going to be a china-armed-bangladesh on the east. If India doesn't reach out, same will be the case with Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and Myanmar.

Our Prithvi Air Defense anti-ballistic missile had successfully shot down an attacker missile(another Prithvi) in the test. It's an impressive feat to get a direct hit the first time itself *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/113.gif. But the Prithvi Air Defense is nowhere close to giving us an operational missile defense shield *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/32.gif.

All Indians have been living under a veil of untruth which has been lifted and today a great truth has been revealed i.e.,
India was originally a part of pakistan!
i have read what has been written in this last link. I cant understand what they are teaching them why. if i would have been superman or spiderman or any other super hero then i would have killed all those textbooks writters who have written all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom