Should I trust there ratings?

Hi, I have a Zebronics case which includes a PSU. Now, I'm not sure weather I should trust these power ratings or not. I usually add led'd and other devices in my PC as part of my modding interest, so I need to know the Amperage of all lines. Should I trust the printed power ratings? Harshil0057.jpg

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Sure,
Processor: Intel i3-2100
Ram: 2x 2 GB DDR3
Motherboard: Intel DH61WW
GPU: nvidia 8400gs 1 GB
HDD: Seagate 500 GB SATA
1 DVD Writer
3x 80 mm fans (via 12 V molex)
8 LED lights (via 12 V molex)

rock2702

Padawan
For some reason,i cant see the pic,how much is the power rating?If your system is running fine on that psu,i believe adding few led's wont do any harm.:)

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
The Amperage ratings are:

+3.3 V : 25 A
+5 V: 38 A
+12 V: 15 A
-5 V; 0.3 A
-12 V: 0.8 A
+5 VSB: 2 A

And yeah, the system is running fine.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yes, HD 2000 can be overclocked, i have seen a huge 10 % improvement.. just go to the BiOS and set the GPU Frequency to 1550 Mhz, u will see a noticeable boost

aloodum

Journeyman
The Amperage ratings are:
+3.3 V : 25 A
+5 V: 38 A
+12 V: 15 A
-5 V; 0.3 A
-12 V: 0.8 A
+5 VSB: 2 A
And yeah, the system is running fine.

OH LORD ..when will these goddamn, cheap chinese importers, stop getting these P3 era supply's re-labbeled ones when clearly some of the other generic ones(Umax) are doing better.
Just look at the +5V amp rating...38A ..and look at the 12V rating...less than half..pathetic..seems that they simply forgot that P4 onwards its the 12V that needs to be nourished well.

@@ OP: This is a joke of smps, I wont take those ratings for serious. Though it may apparently appear to run fine please have no second thoughts that these are the crappiest psu's out there.
There is already a list of blacklisted PSUs on this forum. Pls give a read.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
I'll be buying a Corsair CX430 or CX500. AFIK h61 chipset doesn't support overclocking, or am I missing something?And if it does support integrated graphic overclocking. please link a good tutorial.

aloodum

Journeyman
^^ gud for you.
He means ocing the on die GPu and Not the CPU itself.
The asus model he own offers one and hence was reccomending the same to you.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
I'll post synthetic and real world benchmark results in a day or two, will have to wait till tomorrow for downloading drivers. Do stay tuned.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
I switched over to i3's integrated graphics, and the performance gain was was clearly visible.
The WEI score for Desktop graphics Performance increased from 4.6 to 4.8 and that of Business and Gaming graphics from 5.2 to 5.6.

The score in MSI Kombustor also increased noticeably (I've lost the readings of GPU test) and frame rates in BF3, Driver San Francisco and NFS most wanted also increased by about 5 to 10 fps.
I guess I'll sell my 8400gs as it would increase my funds which I'm collecting for GTX 650.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ He is saying you should't trust your psu. Its a cheap quality product and not a reliable solution.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If you can find a GTX 650 Ti under 10K, get it eyes closed, but dont bother with the non Ti version.. If you cant find, get Gigabyte/MSI HD 7770 from smc for 7.9K
But remember, you need a good PSU first, the cheapest solution is CX430v2
However, take a look atGigabyte PoweRock Power Supply, 80Plus Certified, True 550W 550 Watt SMPS i5 i7 | eBay

Even though no one uses it, It has got some good reviews in websites.. Also it is more futureproof than CX430v2 having the same price and being a gigabyte product.. you neednt worry about warranty as long as you have a service center in your area

Top Bottom