SE G900 or HTC Touch or HTC Touch Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

krups

Broken In
Hi All,

I am confused :confused: about which mobile is better, considering performance+battery+music+organizer+touchscreen+wifi :rolleyes: at average scales.

Sony Ericsson G900, key features
- Touch screen + Traditional Keypad
- Notes Application :)
- Compact design :)
- 5MP Camera (tho' Avg quality, doesn't matter)
- Wifi
- Memory Card Slot (upto 8GB)
Approx Rs. 20k

HTC Touch, key features
- Touch screen
- Lots of applications as its windows :)
- 2MP Camera (Good Quality)
- Wifi
- Memory Card Slot (upto 8GB) :)
Approx Rs. 15k

HTC Touch Diamond, key features
- Touch screen
- Lots of applications as its windows :)
- 3.15MP Camera (Better Quality) :)
- Wifi
- Memory upto 4GB (Not upgradable) :(
- Accelerometer :)
- Ultimate GUI (TouchFlo 3D) :D
Approx Rs. 25k :-(

For SE G900, I have heard it lags it is very slow. Also future for UIQ 3 is no more.
For HTC Touch, Slow Processor (201MHz), Screen resolution is Lower, Touch sometimes lag.
For HTC Touch, Faster Processor (528MHz)+Ultimate LCD Display Quality, but poor battery life. I have heard, it lasts hardly a day for average usage.

Budget isn't matters, but which amongst these outcomes with best value for the price. :cool:

I have referred following sites for reviews
-gsmarena.com
-phonegg.com
-mobile-review.com
-cnet.net

Thanks a lot.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Dont get the G900.Its quite buggy and n firmwares have been released as yet.My friend bought and sold it within 2 months.
I suggest you look for the HTC Touch Diamond. But, bear in mind the HTC is very laggy and is not too responsive when it comes to multitasking, the lack of a keypad is also a disadvantage.
I suggest you look for the P1i, a satisfied user myself. A brilliant piece with a qwerty keyboard which wont leave you in jeopardy.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would also suggest Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.

BTW, why have you used so many emoticons in your post.......:lol:

OP
krups

krups

Broken In
Thank you all.

Btw, I am using nokia since many years and want a shift to some new environment; So purposely I would not go for nokia this time. Also release date for 5800 is around Feb 09, I require phone sooner..:cool:

Have anybody experienced the touchflo 3d of diamond..?? Bcos when I looked at mobile store it was mindblowing GUI.:D The way SMS are poped up, mail box, contacts, browser, photo gallery, etc.. It is exactly the same as displayed at *www.htc.com/in/product.aspx?id=48118 :roll:

But I need reviews from some ppl who are actually using the HTC Diamond phone.:rolleyes:

I got one more -ve comment for SE G900, thanks dreamcatcher; so probably I have made my mind not to go for SE G900.:D

@Gagandeep: Smiles' are the emotions I felt looking at the features.. :)

drck

WM guru
as i mentioned in my thread u can increase overall performance of htc touch.. including touch responce and faster OS... obviously for that u need to read and spend some time with wm. and flashing with custom os means u ll loose ur waranty.. (if u care abt it)...

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Touch Diamond; I wouldnt say go for it; I'd say JUMP for it!! :D As you can afford it, why not get it? VGA resolution and TouchFLO 3D, my-my..
About battery, yeah; maybe because of screen resolution and faster components as well as dedicated GFX processor. Its the same story about many high-enders.. iPhone, N82, both have a similar story. :neutral:

HTC Touch though it has ample features, sucks due to low hardware specfications. WM is a pretty demanding OS and it worsens the scenario. Though if you re-flash it with custom firmware made by XDA-Devs; it wont be laggy at all. :)

And BTW its camera also aint good(which you said). Lags like hell for anything other than outdoor shots. Also the colour reproduction is well below mark. :neutral:

OP
krups

krups

Broken In
Interesting.... Diamond is the best i think.. its a iphone killer too. :)

Also i have sniffed that bigger battery (1800mA) is available in the market with replaced backpanel making diamond 3mm thicker.. Though you get double battery life in return.. :D

In Ahmedabad, it is available locked with Airtel :( .. I don't want to shift to airtel so I need to unlock it..

I saw it in showroom, it has one menu option called "Airtel" :|. So after i unlock the phone will it be there only?? :? Any idea??:confused:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ What I wanna say is that he has never bought anything other than Nokia... Its about time for a change.. Windows Mobile is a great and much powerful platform.. Let him wander about in unchartered territory.. :D

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Wait for the 5800xm. Once its is released then u can directly compare htc and 5800 and buy whichever suits you...

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Another vote for HTC touch diamond... :)

Grab it.. as budget doesnt matter for you... ;)

BTW: I am planning to get HTC touch, :) but no stock in chennai :(

OP
krups

krups

Broken In
Nokia 5800XM seems to be good and also better battery life:oops: ; but i am sure.. i will miss the TouchFlo 3D technology:), compatibility:), large number of freeware applications:) as compared to WM Touch Diamond. And fortunately:cool: it is going to release in Feb or Mar 09, till which I cant wait. :D

@Ganeshkumar: I have also inquired about HTC Touch, here in ahmedabad too its out of stock and its currently best selling WM phone. :lol:

Power UP

In the zone
Nokia 5800XM seems to be good and also better battery life:oops: ; but i am sure.. i will miss the TouchFlo 3D technology:), compatibility:), large number of freeware applications:) as compared to WM Touch Diamond. And fortunately:cool: it is going to release in Feb or Mar 09, till which I cant wait. :D
Its most probably going to be launched this month (November).

*www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/gadget-gyan/nokia-unleash-5800-november

OP
krups

krups

Broken In
Nokia seems to be juicy.. but you never feel the essence which you get on wm. ;) Not everybody can feel the same :cool:.

The only battery issue of HTC Diamond kicks..:cry: otherwise its outstanding..:D

No matter now the battle remains for Touch vs Diamond.. :rolleyes: Which out of two wins for Price / Value ratio?? :confused:

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Recent "HTC Touch HD" looks very impressive: with 3.8" screen,288MB RAM will be a real competitor.

No Doubt,really SEXY!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/htc-touch-hd-02.jpg

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/htc-touch-hd-03.jpg

OP
krups

krups

Broken In
HTC HD is undoubtedly greatttt!! :) But it is not launched in India and converting foreign currency its price would be around 40K which is too high..:(

So sticking to Diamond :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom