*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Re: ***science Or God?***

As most of the believers & atheists will agree , even most of the atheists or their relatives when go through some ordeal (say some accident or sickness )they look upon god to help them out.
Instead we all should debate on whether crores of money spent on building temples or mosques & other beliefs should be there or not ?

LIVE & LET LIVE

P

Poon

Depends on what people's definition of god is. I am mostly a skeptic. If you tell me that god is someone who came to earth and screwed a virgin Jewish women and became the father of Jesus, I am sorry in that case I don't believe in God.
P.S i can comment ****-loads from both sides however I guess it is a waste of time.
Science does not have all the answers and that is a fact.
Ppl ask did god make man or man make god?
It cannot be answered which came first the chicken or the egg?

kumarmohit

Technomancer

Both...and None
Science is the instrument which the god has given to mankind so that he can enjoy his retirement. Science is a product of head and god is a product of heart.

just like the Matrix both science and god are nothing but electric signals interpreted by your brain which can be modified so technically I have neither seen god nor science, who knows we might be living in a matrix like entity run by god who is fooling us to believe in science or by a robot fooling us to believe in god so that if and when its true identity comes out we consider him god.

If there is a god why does not he reveal himself?
If the science is the only thing there is why despite its eternal efforts has it failed to cure the eternal malady of mankind -- death?

zegulas

Traceur

I have a very nice story to share with you guys:

Once Gautam Buddha was asked about wether God existed or not, he simply said, if you are going to behave humanitarily with other people because of God, then he does exist.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

zegulas said:
I have a very nice story to share with you guys:

Once Gautam Buddha was asked about wether God existed or not, he simply said, if you are going to behave humanitarily with other people because of God, then he does exist.

well thats wht its all about....

even mahabharatham ...ramayana has loads of stories./.....

sms_solver

In the zone

Visit the following website, it is very interesting site

*www.indiadaily.com/comp.asp

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

sms_solver said:
Visit the following website, it is very interesting site

*www.indiadaily.com/comp.asp

wht is that website>?????

its coollll

can we believe it ???

Last edited:

sms_solver

In the zone

naveen_reloaded said:
wht is that website>?????

its coollll

can we believe it ???

it is total upon you, even if you believe 10% of what is written there, it shows the presence of higher intelligent being watching us.

Another link of interesting site
*www.2012.com.au/Site.A.html

P

Poon

The solution to all the problems is if you want to be religious dpn't subscribe to any religious institutions.

The christian should be first told that Jesus was a carpenter and who ironically got crucified on the cross. His mother was not a virgin and got did not come to earth and screw a Jewish woman. They deny the beauty of creation a "pole going inside a hole to create a new soul".! If he is god then he is a reincarnation of Vishnu!

Islam perhaps the greatest religion but muslim's the worst followers. They should first start drinking alcohol and abolish the viel or scarf etc. Imagine man "no alcohol all the women covered" even I would go violent, take a gun and start shooting everybody.

The Jew: leave Israel and go back where u all came from. You don't belong there.

The Hindu: Start eating the holy Indian cow after all it is holy meet and I am testimony to the fact that it is tasty. Perhaps it can poverty to a great extent.

The athiest: Which came first the egg or chicken? answer that? and don't be ignorant about religion.

Well I guess i am a skeptic or agnostic.

Take care

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

Poon said:
The solution to all the problems is if you want to be religious dpn't subscribe to any religious institutions.

The christian should be first told that Jesus was a carpenter and who ironically got crucified on the cross. His mother was not a virgin and got did not come to earth and screw a Jewish woman. They deny the beauty of creation a "pole going inside a hole to create a new soul".! If he is god then he is a reincarnation of Vishnu!

Islam perhaps the greatest religion but muslim's the worst followers. They should first start drinking alcohol and abolish the viel or scarf etc. Imagine man "no alcohol all the women covered" even I would go violent, take a gun and start shooting everybody.

The Jew: leave Israel and go back where u all came from. You don't belong there.

The Hindu: Start eating the holy Indian cow after all it is holy meet and I am testimony to the fact that it is tasty. Perhaps it can poverty to a great extent.

The athiest: Which came first the egg or chicken? answer that? and don't be ignorant about religion.

Well I guess i am a skeptic or agnostic.

Take care

well said mate....u touched both the extremes.....

well done....

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

thewisecrab said:
We Need The Best Of Both Sides.......

yes the good things like how we should live from the eipics and the rapidly growing knowledge on other side..........

jal_desai

In the zone

There is no point in considering science and paranormal science as two different entities.... they are same but what i think is .... paranormal science is forward than logical science....

Proofs to support me:

((1)). every thing tht we see today WAS there in the past... we know tht in mahabharata, dhritirashtra had 100 sons (kauravas)... a female cannot give birth to 100 sons and what about the age difference beetween the first and the last son (logic lagaao!) it should be minimum 100 yrs right?????? wrong... because they used some techniques in the form of rituals which we now know as --- CLONING..... Kauravas were the example of HUMAN CLONING

((2)) We also know tht Agatsya (a mahabharata character) was born in a pot... (ghada) .. --- A Perfect Example of TEST TUBE BABY.

((3)) In Ramayan, the evil RAVAN had a swan-like plane tht used to defy gravity and go in to the air.... so we have a proof tht the LAWS OF AERODYNAMICS WERE PRESENT AT THT TIME...

((4)) In Mahabharata and Ramayan it is written tht when, during a war, a person would shoot an arrow then various kinds of outcome would occur... they were using mantras to affect the other party.... AN EXAMPLE OF HAND-HELD MISSILES which are on the verge to become popular in military nowadays.

((5)) In mahabharata, during the final war, SANJEEV (--saarthi of dhritarashtra) was given a boon to SEE the war while sittin home and narrate it to blind rajah...... --- AN OBVIOUS EXAMPLE OF RADAR/TELEVISION (DOORDARSHAN to be very precise)...... (and now we say tht JOHN LOGIE BAIRD was the inventor of TV...?? HUH)

so, these technologies were present thousands of yrs ago.... but they were rediscovered again...
OTHER INVENTION, THT I THINK, WILL TAKE PLACE IN FUTURE IS TO GET INVISIBLE....
In those epics there is a mention about ppl dissapering at one place and appearing at some other place the very moment.... tht technology is yet to be discovered...

LOGICAL SCIENCE is just lagging behind the PARANORMAL SCIENCE... else they both are on the VERY SAME TRACK.

Lets talk about LAWS.

Were not the Laws of Motion there before Newton????

Was not E=mc2 true before einstein actually found it????

Was not light a WAVE or PARTICLE at the time when dinosours roamed on this planet???

Would not 365 days make a year when man just learnt how to light fire???

A famous quote i wud like to put here from the film Men in Black: "1500 YEARS AGO EVERYBODY KNEW THT EARTH IS FLAT... 500 YEARS AGO EVERYBODY KNEW THT EARTH IS IN THE CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE... 5 MINS AGO WE ALL KNEW THT WE ARE ALONE...But we were wrong"

Aise to kitne saare laws honge jo abhi tak DISCOVER nahi huye.. they are there .... at this very moment while u are reading this... these undiscovered laws are affecting you.. but AS THEY ARE NOT LOGICALLY DISCOVERED,,,, WE CALL THEM A SUPERNATURAL PHENOMENA....

so as a matter of fact... PARANORMAL SCIENCE , which some of us call GOD... some may call a MATTER OF CHANCE.... or sometimes even LUCK.... this PARANORMAL SCIENCE which we call it today...... will be called LOGICAL SCIENCE in future....

Digitally yours,
Jal

Sykora

I see right through you.

@jai_desai :

What happened to all your "proofs" after that time? Why do we recognize John Logie baird as the inventor of Radar and not Sanjeeva? Why are we not able to clone now, if ostensibly cloning was possible then?

They are proofs only if you believe that they took place at all, which will fall back to a decision of whether or not you believe in mysticism...

shaunak

Tux Fan

If you can prove the existance of god, ill believe you. Why should i believe in something that cant be seen or felt.

If someone survive a plane crash, its all the credit goes to god, but who thinks of the thousand engeeneers at boieng/airbus who toiled day and night to ensure he/she survives in that scenario?

If you walk near the siddhivinayak temple you will see 'bout a score of CCTV cameras but just a few kilometers from it Nehru center stays defence less. This clearly shows the degradation of learing at the hands of religion.

Surely if lesser money was pupmed into the temple's upkeep, roads, hospitals and research facilities could be improved.
Lets evaluate the options, (a) save many lives by improving hospitals, (b)help the desolate by enriching charities (c)improve develiopment by improving infrastructure (d) please god by making a gold/marble/granite/diamond temple.
Now you decide

zegulas

Traceur

First of all, weren't the Mahabharata and Ramayana epics?
As far as I know, some human being wrote them, they aren't true events!
And science has the capabilities to make all your dreams come true, whatever they may be. But it takes a long time to invent all the things that you have mentioned, like cloning and study of aerodynamics, thinking about them is very easy dear, everyone could do it, if they don't have anything else to do.
Don't just see dreams while you are in this world, try to make them real and worthy for the mankind.

Last note for all of you:

Sir Newton, during his last moments said: If I was able to see farther than the reach of others, was because I was standing on the shoulders of the giants.

Now GIANTS here mean vast knowledge, not God or anything!

mediator

Technomancer

Sykora said:
What happened to all your "proofs" after that time? Why do we recognize John Logie baird as the inventor of Radar and not Sanjeeva? Why are we not able to clone now, if ostensibly cloning was possible then?

They are proofs only if you believe that they took place at all, which will fall back to a decision of whether or not you believe in mysticism...

U need to read this thread in detail first.
Next, why was America named after Vespucci n not christopher columbus? Why is it that most of the mathetmatical formulae are named after foreigners when they were clearly mentioned in Vedic Mathematics since the era of Ramayan n before? Why is that people learn about foriegn textbooks and not the vedic textbooks? Why is it that Sanskrit inspite of being a complete language better than any other language in the world and acknowledged by all the reputed scientists n discovers is becoming dead or almost dead??

I hope u got mah point! Its obvious that people tend to name something after them when they did't explored the past and don't know that the technology existed in past too. The thing is accepted then by the world when most are ignorant about the past. But read the link I gave, people r getting aware about the past n have evidences that technology existed in the past too!

WHo knows what happened after that time! If people had known then I'm sure they wud also have known the complete knowledge embedded in India's past and we wud have been a 100 times more powerful and richer than US by now! Mughals came to India n destroyed Indian temples, scriptures,paintings and ruled for a big time, then came foreigners who ruled for a big time. From these facts, its quite clear no one can save his her past completely. If ur life's threatened, then a common man wont bother about his knowledge n texts, but his life!

shaunak said:
If you can prove the existance of god, ill believe you. Why should i believe in something that cant be seen or felt.
I agree to that. Its human nature to do so because of which comes spirit of questioning n which leads to scientific evolution.
@shaunak the rest of the corresponding post of urs fits more appropriately in this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38163

@zegulas, don't say they were stories. The path between srilanka n India bridged with stones shud be enough for u to believe that they were facts. There are more facts than this if u have read the mahabharat n ramayan fully n have searched the net.

Top Bottom