*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters
ROFL. When a soldier is defending a position from hostiles, you think he's doing it to feel superior? No, he is doing it to protect his homeland. Even when rationality dictates he withdraws to save his life, he does irrational acts to put his countrymen's safety over his.
Rationality dictates he fight on for his country, even if he flees now, he will eventually die. That what keeps him fighting
you would call it an "irrational act" if he went charging one man army Sunny Deol style..

- - - Updated - - -

Reason isn't everything. Neither can it explain everything, especially about subjects we ourselves know little of.
Typical overused line by theists since the beginning of time. Screw reason, lets believe in magic man in the sky! What is the phenomenon? We cant explain this sh*t, it must be God's miracle!! "

Nue

To the atheists here, you would be naive to believe people can live without a religion.

I don't particularly agree with this notion. It's akin to saying people would starve without potatoes. Yes, most people think it necessary to have a sense of purpose so as to give meaning to their existence. That, however, does not mean that subscribing to religion is the only - or even the most desirable option. Note that by religion, I exclusively mean the belief in a supernatural or divine power.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
as per my experience i have realized

Spirituality , religion and science are totally 3 different things

the actual reality is composed of both Spirituality and Science .. you cant separate 1 from another.. 1 is the objective and the other is the subjective .. reality is both subjective and objective and both affect one another

religion is partly truth and partly BS which is hyped up and manipulated by People in power and then blindly followed by billions of people due to social conditioning , fear etc without ever questioning it !!

- - - Updated - - -

Again, bravery is a feeling. It has a reason. Reason for bravery is to feel superior. I'm speaking in a pure psychological sense here. You save someone's life due to bravery. But you do it because you want to feel good about yourself. You like feeling that you are superior.

I would recommend you read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

in the very basic terms everything in this world you do is to make you feel good that's why you do anything in the first place and dont think making yourself feel good is bad, its bad when it is mixed with other forms of ego,hate,revenge, etc , but feeling superior is totally a different thing and is more related to EGO .. !! sure there are reasons for feelings but that reasons can be different for different people. 2 people can feel totally different feelings in same situation..

Last edited:

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
Poor choice of words. Replace reason with logic.

if(<statement is true>) then
{ execute }
else
{execute }

That is logic. A computer makes logical decisions. It doesn't know why the hell it's doing it (reason), but it can make a decision.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
..but does that makes us invincible ? the fate of everyone seems the same in the end..birth-death..repeat.
and still there's no god in sight.

We are conditioned to view death as some absolutely horrible consequence.

We are just matter and energy bound in a beautiful complex symbiosis of cells all working together. God will be of no relevance as we move further into future.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
go god goo..

go science goo..

while we enjoy

*mycotek.org/images/smilies/th_male29-male-theater-cinema-smiley-e.gif

Hmm, interesting that I wasn't even subbed to the thread in the first place. If you could PM me what exactly is it you mean (I don't want to derail the thread), we can get into it asap. Still no clue what you're accusing me of :oops:

snap

Lurker
lol [MENTION=22610]hsr[/MENTION] there is poll in this thread, he was thinking if we can choose two options or not cause apparently you voted twice :lol:

hehe I get it now, he must have not seen "multiple choice poll". I have no clue as to how I ended up voting and not subbing btw :lol:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No buddy, I'm on the right forum. Could be that there are no rules for mods/admins. That fight is pointless IMO :twisted: (Unsubscribed)
lol, if somebody re-started NOTW - n00b of the week, we have a winner here. :p (just joking)

This is a checkbox poll. Not a radio button poll. You can choose multiple options. But vote only once.

I always get doubtful of god existence.....

I think God is created by Smart people to control masses with fear.
Coz there wasn't a civilized society back then, no police, no morals .... Anybody murdering anybody, raping anybody sort of Game of thrones, i guess.

Most of superstitions were imposed by them in name of fear......
without explaining any logic behind it, coz people were illiterate and stupid back then.

Top Bottom