*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

dips_view

Broken In
some people are believers so they believe.... they need no reason.or just make childish reasons to believe...open your eyes and do some research

amitash

Intel OCer
I firmly beleive in god, .
He's the ultimate power which can create or destroy anything.
And those who feel if god exists why can't i see him?
If you can see god he won't be god anymore, he's invincible.

The tooth fairy is invisible, do you believe in the tooth fairy?

B

bhuulo

Please elaborate with step by step guidance to do "serious deep meditation"

What will happen after successfully replicating the process. HE/SHE will show up? The color tone of world for our eyes will change (from Auto to Sepia, b/w, fluorescent etc).

U r always slow to reach something which is not there.

Its like u r told to meet me at "Rhitwick Chowk" in mumbai. Now how will u do that, if there is no such place in Mumbai. As there is no such place in Mumbai, I can't be there hence u can't meet me. It means I lied to u, to get rid of u :razz: (no offense meant to u on personal level, don't sue me!)

He is invincible, alright...
Why is he invisible???
lol

some people are believers so they believe.... they need no reason.or just make childish reasons to believe...open your eyes and do some research

The tooth fairy is invisible, do you believe in the tooth fairy?

Some people are non-believers no matter what or how many reason you give, they just simply don't believe..., there are super natural forces all around us, u just need super natural senses to experience them and that is what meditation gives by calming your mind so that it can catch the flow of those forces...

But I know u'll not believe...., If u want to write it down then better make a note on a paper there will come a time in your life when u'll start believing in God or some positive super natural force...

No personal offence made

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Some people are non-believers no matter what or how many reason you give, they just simply don't believe...,
Just because u r talking something for a long time doesn't make ur claim true. Provide proof.
In ur logic, we are also telling that there is no God for a long time, but none listens:neutral:

there are super natural forces all around us, u just need super natural senses to experience them and that is what meditation gives by calming your mind so that it can catch the flow of those forces...
So, to understand God u've to be God. And meditation would make us God. Hmmm....good logic...:grin:

there will come a time in your life when u'll start believing in God or some positive super natural force...
Let me help u open ur eyes. U R NOT THE FIRST ONE TO CLAIM THIS. A lot, and a lot of believers are shouting this for decades and still nothing.
No personal offence made[/QUOTE]

A

Anders_Branderud

Proof for an Intelligent Creator and His purpose

Here is my take on science and God.

According to science our universe has a beginning (search at “age of the universe” on www.pnas.org) and time is purely physical. Therefore there can be no such thing as time external to the physical universe. Timespace has a beginning.

It is a fundamental law of physics (causality) that every physical occurrence in the universe has a cause.
The fundamental laws of physics then require a cause of the universe ex nihilo (since timespace has a beginning); i.e., a Prime Cause Singularity that is non-dimensional and independent of timespace.

To conclude the above paragraphs:
Fact: No thing nor event in the known universe or laws of physics lacks a cause.
Assume: There is no Prime Cause (Creator / Singularity).
Ergo: There is no universe.
Fact: There is a universe.
Therefore: the statement that was assumed is proven to be a false statement by reduction ad absurdum (proof by disproof).
(Since "There is no Creator" is proven false, the opposite is true: There is a Creator.)

Being logically consistent (orderly), our (to say perfectly-orderly would be a tautology) orderly universe must mirror its Prime Cause / Singularity-Creator—Who must be Orderly; i.e. Perfect. An orderly—"not capricious," as Einstein put it—Creator (also implying Just), therefore, necessarily had an Intelligent Purpose in creating this universe and us within it and, being Just and Orderly, necessarily placed an explanation, a "Life's Instruction Manual," within the reach of His subjects—humankind.

It defies the orderliness (logic / mathematics) of both the universe and Perfection of its Creator to assert that humanity was (contrary to His Tor•âh′ , see below) without any means of rapproachment until millennia after the first couple in recorded history as well as millennia after Abraham, Moses and the prophets. Therefore, the Creator's "Life's Instruction Manual" has been available to man at least since the beginning of recorded history. The only enduring document of this kind is the Tor•âh′ —which, interestingly, translates to "Instruction" (not "law" as popularly alleged). (Source and further reading of how to relate to the Creator:www.netzarim.co.il)

The fact that the Creator is perfect implies that He isn’t self-contradictory. Therefore any religion, and all religions contradicts each other (otherwise they would be identical), that contradicts Torah is the antithesis to the Creator.

(The most common counter arguments are answered at *bloganders.blogspot.com/search/label/counter arguments)

Anders Branderud

calanor

Right off the assembly line
for all non believers out there,i have experienced so many things that i wouldn't call a co-incidence ,so yes i believe there is god
but then again nobody stops you from believing whatever you want to
so fighting over such a topic i think,is a waste of time ,because for true believers of any side it will be hard to see other's point of view.
Coexistence of many ideas is the teaching of "SANATAN DHARMA":smile:

D

dhruv_arora

Religion ? God ? Give me a break !

Source : *infunity.info/component/content/article/2-all/3-religion1.html

Religion, as defined by most dictionaries, is a set or system of beliefs upheld by people, who devote themselves to the cause of their belief. Often, religion is associated with the belief in God, or an array of deities, who may or may do not exist in the physical world.
Despite the invisible and intangible nature of God, millions around the globe continue to worship these figures, which are regarded as omniscient and omnipotent.

Believers claim that it is faith and prayers that allows them to communicate with this figure, the creator of the Universe. So by following this absurd logic, if I have enough faith in my imaginary friend, Ronald, I could communicate with him and possible make him heal the sick. Here, I am relating my imaginary friend to God, both of them non-existent.

I could let Ronald have infinitum knowledge and power, akin to the omniscient and omnipotent God, simply by putting my imagination and will to work. What am I trying to prove here? Well, to simply put it through, God could be a work of our limitless imagination. An imagination that collided with a series of coincidences and eventually leading one to believe that “Hey! There is something out there that grants my deepest wish.”

As this person begins to explore this creation of his imagination, which he now believes to be existent in the current dimension and reality, even more coincidences could happen, which would affirm the person’s belief in the existence of a supreme force beyond the realm of his imagination.

The idea of God could simply be an imagination, stirred with coincidences that people are unaware of. Obviously, I am not stating a fact, its just my hypothesis. But is it possible? Yes, definitely!

Now, lets dive into the concept of prayers, which is an instance of pleading to god. It could either be a plead to desire something from God, or an act of pleasing God. Most holy scriptures do mention that prayers will be answered by God. In the Bible, Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16 specifically state that all prayers coming from believers will be answered. If believers were to kneel down and pray to God to eradicate all forms of diseases from this planet, to wipe away all evilness, to cure the blind and the deaf and to let everyone lead a happy life, would all of these problem fade away in an instant, as an answer by God to those prayers? I don’t think so, despite what the scriptures mention, its just not possible.

If not, the world would be such a wonderful heavenly place to live in. There are two possibilities here, either the scriptures tell lies, or God is powerless/non-existent in any relative dimension/frame. I believe that prayers embed a psychological effect on the mind. Suppose I am a firm believer and I reveal to God my deepest wishes, I would have a sense of assurance that my wish would come true, thanks to God. Hence, I believe that my wish will come true.

As a result of this belief, I would have a greater determination in the whatever cause my wish pertains to. With that, I would work harder to accomplish that wish and this very effort would allow it to come true, not God. Obviously this could be argued the other way round, by claiming that entrusting God to fulfil my wishes, I would tend to have a reduced responsibility and so on….

Goodness, I could go on typing forever, but my fingers are tired and my eyes are strained. I need a break. I will carry on with part 2 of this topic whenever i find the time. Till Then, Adios!

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Re: Religion ? God ? Give me a break !

So what do you want to say??
It is an endless discussion and there has already been a lot of this.
No one can prove if god exists or not.

If not, the world would be such a wonderful heavenly place to live in. There are two possibilities here, either the scriptures tell lies, or God is powerless/non-existent in any relative dimension/frame. I believe that prayers embed a psychological effect on the mind. Suppose I am a firm believer and I reveal to God my deepest wishes, I would have a sense of assurance that my wish would come true, thanks to God. Hence, I believe that my wish will come true.

If you have faith in something, don't try to doubt and analyze it, otherwise don't have faith in it........simple :cool:.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Re: Religion ? God ? Give me a break !

@OP, if u r very much eager to put ur viewpoint on this topic, please continue here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39882

And, do try to read previous few posts (if u can) ;-)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I've moved the posts from the other thread into this one since the topic is pretty much the
same.

As for my opinion, well I do believe in my religion. Do I have scientific proof to present to prove the existence of God ? Well if there was any, then it wouldn't have been called religion. Either way, I choose to believe simply because I choose to.

hansraj

In the zone
Hey dear the poll is nice but flawed!!! Option 1 and option 4 are the same but the votes are being divided because of the two.

Goleon

Journeyman
You will call Gods name at times of needs when you are in a no way out situation no matter how much a GOD non believer you are. Even the last words of the greatest non- biliever was 'God is there' even tough he used to say rhat even if there was God i killed him and at the end of his life he realized God.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Even the last words of the greatest non- biliever was 'God is there'

And who was he?
And how did he became greatest non-believer?
Was he great in "non-believing" or was he great in something else as well as a non-believer?

even tough he used to say rhat even if there was God i killed him and at the end of his life he realized God.
And, what does this even mean???

Human Brain is the biggest power : What you believe is real becomes Real for you ! Its a state of mind . Both Science and God exist bcoz our mind think they do. i am kinda atheist btw ;)

DK7117

Right off the assembly line
Religion is mind control.
no god exists, if he did exist the dinosaurs must have eaten him/her/it up.

rahulkay

Broken In
The solution to all the problems is if you want to be religious dpn't subscribe to any religious institutions.

The christian should be first told that Jesus was a carpenter and who ironically got crucified on the cross. His mother was not a virgin and got did not come to earth and screw a Jewish woman. They deny the beauty of creation a "pole going inside a hole to create a new soul".! If he is god then he is a reincarnation of Vishnu!

Islam perhaps the greatest religion but muslim's the worst followers. They should first start drinking alcohol and abolish the viel or scarf etc. Imagine man "no alcohol all the women covered" even I would go violent, take a gun and start shooting everybody.

The Jew: leave Israel and go back where u all came from. You don't belong there.

The Hindu: Start eating the holy Indian cow after all it is holy meet and I am testimony to the fact that it is tasty. Perhaps it can poverty to a great extent.

The athiest: Which came first the egg or chicken? answer that? and don't be ignorant about religion.

Well I guess i am a skeptic or agnostic.

Take care

God is scientific.

Well said. Agreed both of you. We got the answer. "God is scientific." " All for one & one is for all of us".

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

This is a common question asked to check upon our beliefs.
Well I think, this interrogation in itself is unscientific. In this question we r personifying "Science" like 'god'. This is ridiculous. "Science" is not a person, god, place, angel, religion, temple or leader.

"Science" is a method instead to train our minds to plan our perception of nature in most repeatable manner with help of 'topology' & "mathematics" or other methods & algorithms.

We humans have become so used to worship "unknown"(god) that we want to choose between GOD & Science. "Neanderthal" within ourselves is still striving to survive ?

Top Bottom