Say Tata for WIMAX!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
A gap has long existed between India's tech savvy and its access to broadband Internet, which some estimates peg at a mere 0.3 per cent of the population. Now the world's back office is getting wired--by going wireless.

Tata Communications, part of the Indian Tata Group conglomerate, aims to blanket India in WiMax, a super-speedy version of wireless broadband, by March 2009. The plan will cost more than $100 million and span 115 Indian cities. The goal: to provide 20 million broadband connections by 2010, a target set by the Indian government.

*www.rediff.com/money/2008/mar/07tata.htm

so tata indicom is up for itBut i would have really preferred if they instead pulled down the broadband rates a bit,with airtel and other ISPs providing same bandwidths at a lesser rate.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ya even i thought we wont get wimax... with that TATA...

anyway..even aircel has launched in few cities...

but the real thing ... u have to lower the price ...we are indian... we are money sensitive ones.. the better thing is to lower the rates.. and put as many as in the network...

anyway lets see how this all shows up..

but i dont think any rate cuts will happen for another 6 months.. but who knows this election in the central can do wonders..

lets waitand see..( ya dont worry we will keeeeeppppping on waaaaiting...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom