Samsung Galaxy Y Not Powering Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Hi ! All ... So I have a Samsung Galaxy Y (bought just a month ago) . Last Night I kept it in a table just below my AC . When I woke in the morning there was some strange leak in the AC so water was dropping from it . Water was all over my phone , phone was kept upside down . So, I cleaned up the water on it . It was working , after 10-15 mins I opened the Talking tom cat app , it worked fine for a minute or two but then the screen went all black and the phone powered off. I thought it was because its battery was low , So I began charging it , then the battery meter was shown but that too vanished quickly . So, I opened the back cover and found some drops of water inside , I cleaned it with a cloth and ledt it like that for a while but it still didnt powered on , so I let it charge for 1.5 hrs . But nope it still didnt power on .

Can Anyone Help me . :cry:

clmlbx

Technomancer
remove every part possible and keep it aside for a day or two .. If still does not powers up then take it to service center..

techlover

In the zone
one thing i am seriously saying this :p dont take it as a joke

Keep your phone in a bowl of rice ..overnight ...this may dry up the phone ....still doesnt help then take it to service center

u can even search for this advice on xdaforums :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ i was going to suggest the same. keep it in a rice sack as it'll absorb the water and mobile may power up. Even if it doesn't, service center people won't find any trace of water inside the cell so they too can't term the damage as physical.

maxtor

Journeyman
Suggestion above in post no 5 is good and phones do start working after doing that. Just dry the phone as much as possible. I am not sure try to use hair drier from a distance just to dry it also

OP
rajatGod512

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Thanks to everyone for helping me out ... I removed every part of the phone and kept it for the whole day, today at 3 PM , I put it all together and charged it , It powered on and is running normal again . Thanks Everyone , Mods Can close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom