Samsung Galaxy S5 discussion thread

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Isnt the case with any current gen phones?? A drop will cost you good and these smartphones arent for people who like to throw the mobile from a distance.
Do you know about Nokia's Lumia line-up? Do you know about hTC devices? Do you know about Sony phones?
Samsung and Apple have a combination of 9 devices of the Top 10 fragile devices.
*blog.gsmarena.com/ipad-mini-and-galaxy-s4-are-most-fragile-devices/

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Do you know about Nokia's Lumia line-up? Do you know about hTC devices? Do you know about Sony phones?
Samsung and Apple have a combination of 9 devices of the Top 10 fragile devices.
iPad Mini and Galaxy S4 are the most fragile devices, study shows - GSMArena Blog

I think you should check some drop tests done on the phones u mentioned. Here is the first one for u - HTC One X Drop Test – This One’s Painful To Watch [Video] and one more for you - *phandroid.com/2012/04/19/htc-one-x-drop-test-this-ones-painful-to-watch-video/

Find the rest in google.

PS:: I hope you know what a drop test is.

kaz

right here
I have no idea what manufacturers are thinking, 2160p is hard to drive for even desktop gpus, games will suffer a lot with that, not to mention the human eye cannot resolve at those ppi levels, even lg is doing it, where does this end?

Until people start running for the phones with highest specs :) no matter if they ever gonna utilize those :p

OP
samudragupta

samudragupta

Youngling
bloody ridiculous!!!!! as expected from Samsh#t... same plastic soap box... man what a let down this is...
MWC 2014 is the worst of the decade....

Attachments

• gsmarena_007.jpg
    gsmarena_007.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 119
  • gsmarena_002.jpg
    gsmarena_002.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 115

rish1

Cyborg Agent
With Sammy's S5 round the corner I think this is the right time to kick start any discussions based on "rumors" or facts trolling the internet. So what are you guys expecting from the new flagship model. I am a sammy basher and never liked any of the galaxy series. Having said that i am really excited to see what Sammy is going to showcase. So based on rumors below are highlights of the s5:
- The best part is that Sammy has listened to its customers and is doing away with the " plastic soap shaped" casing and may adorn a steel casing.
- The UI seems to be refreshed and has a flatter appearance based on Tizen OS. However, many sammy bashers might say that the UI has been grasped from ios 7!!
- Chipset: Snapdragon 805, CPU: Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400, 3GB Ram, Android Kitkat 4.4.2. This phone will be an absolute beast
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 1440 x 2560 pixels, 5.25 inches (~559 ppi pixel density). I'm not a fan of amoled but the numbers here seem to be delicious indicating a gorgeous screen.
- Last but not the least i wont be surprised if the s5 would be dust and water resistant
Now based on the above config I'm certain that the s5 will cost between INR 48,000 - 51,000/-

What say guys are you excited??? :)

hahaha now that S5 is official reading these questions make me laugh like hell now... :lol::lol::lol:

Actual Device

- Same old Ugly plastic Soap Design
- No Snapdrgon 805
- NO 3 GB ram
- No 2k resolution Screen ( same old 1080P )
- LArge Bezzels
- No Fm Radio
- Lower PPI than S4

P.S --- there are rumors going on that there is a S5 premium version as well which will have all the features as rumored before.. if it turns out that that's the case then forget/disregard anything i said , this comment will self destruct and won't belong to me

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
There will be an S5 and an S5 Premium version. Hmm, for the first time in my life I am thinking Samsung is crazier than Apple :|

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should check some drop tests done on the phones u mentioned. Here is the first one for u - HTC One X Drop Test – This One’s Painful To Watch [Video] and one more for you - *phandroid.com/2012/04/19/htc-one-x-drop-test-this-ones-painful-to-watch-video/

Find the rest in google.

PS:: I hope you know what a drop test is.
Yeah I know what a 'real life' dropping is. And I know that because when I am out every single second I am scared to drop my S4.
If you are in way have some believing that S series' build quality is better than Lumia devices, or hTC One, or some Sony, well you sir then flatter yourself.

hahaha now that S5 is official reading these questions make me laugh like hell now... :lol::lol::lol:

Actual Device

- Same old Ugly plastic Soap Design
- No Snapdrgon 805
- NO 3 GB ram
- No 2k resolution Screen ( same old 1080P )
- LArge Bezzels
- No Fm Radio
- Lower PPI than S4

P.S --- there are rumors going on that there is a S5 premium version as well which will have all the features as rumored before.. if it turns out that that's the case then forget/disregard anything i said , this comment will self destruct and won't belong to me

It has Snapdragon 805 (2.5GHz S800)
No 3GB RAM is a disappointment but increase in bezels disappointed the most. Even with waterproofing they should have tried to keep bezels at minimum.

I expected better design.........
Both Z2 & S5 have disappointed me. They could have done better. Z2 is no longer a phone, its a phablet.
I think S4 is better VFM phone than S5, but for me Z1C is the best (due to size)......

rish1

Cyborg Agent
It has Snapdragon 805 (2.5GHz S800)

No it does not have Snapdragon 805.. Snapdragon 805 Has Adreno 420 GPU and cpu till 2.7 GHz..

This is just a slightly overclocked Snapdragon 800 ( it is called snapdragon 801- same in both Z2 and S5)
The Gpu is slightly overclocked Adreno330

Everyone was expecting it to have Snapdragon 805 but it came with Snapdragon 800
[/quote]
No 3GB RAM is a disappointment but increase in bezels disappointed the most. Even with waterproofing they should have tried to keep bezels at minimum.

I expected better design.........
Both Z2 & S5 have disappointed me. They could have done better. Z2 is no longer a phone, its a phablet.

No it is not technologically possible right now to have Waterproof phone with thin bezels otherwise Sony would have fixed it long ago.. that is why there phones continue to have Large TOp and Bottom bezels while side bezels are border less.. it's simple choose between slightly larger bezels or drop Waterproof Support.. the tech is still new it will take some time to get it compressed..

I think S4 is better VFM phone than S5, but for me Z1C is the best (due to size)......

I really like The xperia Z2 , A good refresh of Xperia Z1..

Dr. House

No Regrets
Xperia Z2 is far better in terms of memory, battery, camera, looks and quality, and this time IPS panel full HD display.. wow!

OP
samudragupta

samudragupta

Youngling
looking at the MWC 2014 i would rather upgrade my one x to lg g2 or z1. Or perhaps just stick to it... Sammy has let down and they yet called it new innovation in the live events...lol what a joke...
Atleast the z2 is better i agree with you guys...

LegendKiller

In the zone
i really find it funny when people start complaining about sammy phones being "ugly plastic". lolz as if all those classy looking devices don't de-grade and also it's not the plastic which is used for buying grocery.

it's durable, looks good and it's much better to have a phone with removable back-panel then say sony z series which is so "full-proof" that even their engineers in india don't know how to open it.

And secondly what innovation people want? i mean like a transparent phone or something? S5 has latest specs and how much can you really improve on a "best-selling" device in s3? marginally ofcourse.

And thirdly people going crazy on the "specsheet"............i mean who needs 3gb ram in day-to-day operation? my s3 is working just fine despite having "stone-age" 2012 specs in 2014.

And also samsung is perhaps the only vendor which updates it's flagship even after 2yrs with latest firmware.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Yeah I know what a 'real life' dropping is. And I know that because when I am out every single second I am scared to drop my S4.
If you are in way have some believing that S series' build quality is better than Lumia devices, or hTC One, or some Sony, well you sir then flatter yourself.

Did I ever mention that S series has better build than the phones you are talking about? You stated that its the S series that are fragile and not the mentioned ones by you. I clearly proved you wrong and now you are trying to put that on me?

So you better backup your statements before making lose comments and you should get more real than just "assuming" things. Just so that you know, I have used S, S3, Note 2, Lumia 920, One X and Xperia. Not just once, but for atleast couple of months. So just keep your "read about" knowledge to yourself.

snap

Lurker
i really find it funny when people start complaining about sammy phones being "ugly plastic". lolz as if all those classy looking devices don't de-grade and also it's not the plastic which is used for buying grocery.

it's durable, looks good and it's much better to have a phone with removable back-panel then say sony z series which is so "full-proof" that even their engineers in india don't know how to open it.

And secondly what innovation people want? i mean like a transparent phone or something? S5 has latest specs and how much can you really improve on a "best-selling" device in s3? marginally ofcourse.

And thirdly people going crazy on the "specsheet"............i mean who needs 3gb ram in day-to-day operation? my s3 is working just fine despite having "stone-age" 2012 specs in 2014.

And also samsung is perhaps the only vendor which updates it's flagship even after 2yrs with latest firmware.

look ma, a fanboy :facepalm: and when samsung releases a phone with 4gb people go gaga over it and flaunt it

$hadow

Geek in making
Love it or hate it but Samsung devices are looking like they have reached its saturation point. Every company has its own time. Samsung ruled the market and is still ruling but now it is the time for the change and may be Sony or LG is the next 1st spot contender.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Did I ever mention that S series has better build than the phones you are talking about? You stated that its the S series that are fragile and not the mentioned ones by you. I clearly proved you wrong and now you are trying to put that on me?

So you better backup your statements before making lose comments and you should get more real than just "assuming" things. Just so that you know, I have used S, S3, Note 2, Lumia 920, One X and Xperia. Not just once, but for atleast couple of months. So just keep your "read about" knowledge to yourself.
You didn't prove a damn thing, you just stated your opinion.
I didn't try to prove anything, I just attached a GSMArena blog page showing Samsung S4 and Apple iPad are the most fragile devices!
So what the heck are you trying to say again?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
iPad Mini and Galaxy S4 are the most fragile devices, study shows - GSMArena Blog

You didn't prove a damn thing, you just stated your opinion.
I didn't try to prove anything, I just attached a GSMArena blog page showing Samsung S4 and Apple iPad are the most fragile devices!
So what the heck are you trying to say again?

Now it goes back to my first post. You were the one questioning my intellect on the builds of the other manufacturers. I said every smart phone is fragile on drops. And I have given you enough content to look at supporting that. You dont look like you do understand what you point at and now I know that its a waste of time as well. So I rest my case

Flash

Lost in speed
Nokia trolls the Samsung Galaxy S5 | Windows Phone Central

*www.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/large/public/field/image/2014/02/Not_The_Samesung.png

Top Bottom