Samsung Galaxy S5 discussion thread

Deadman

Journeyman
Same old cheap aesthetics for every phone. Are they out of ideas? Let me tell you i own a s4 still many of my non tech savvy friends mistake it for s3, note or some random cheap phone.
For now besides htc there are many other alternatives and with the upcoming large screen phones i don't want to upgrade until my phone becomes completely outdated.
One thing good about Samsung is that it is easy to mess with the firmware.

tkin

Back to school!!
Is the premium version confirmed? Or just a rumor?

- - - Updated - - -

This is my opinion
I have one question about this part:
Camera - WOW!
Galaxy S5 rocks at this frontier, features 16MP ISOCELL camera which is definitely sharper than Note 3 and S4's 13MP camera. Snappers won't disappoint with this supreme camera performence. Auto-focus is now more faster with taking mere 0.3 seconds to get vivid click. It also have additional features such as Drama Shot, Eraser Mode and Best Face mode.
Afaik, the benchmarks are not out yet. So how can you be so sure that the camera is that good?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Ho ho ho Samsung Santa is coming .. If you ever thought galaxy s5 at 51000 was expensive samsung Santa is here to prove you wrong..

no he won't give you a a huge discount on s5 but will introduce a Premium Version of S5 with 2k display which can cost you approx 80,000 Rs :lol:

Get ready for a new invention - A soap Made of metal :lol:

*www.gsmarena.com/a_bunch_of_samsung_devices_go_to_india_for_testing-news-8326.php

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Whoever said the word 'mothersucker' first is a genius :|

80k. Mothersucker.

well the import price is 78,094 but it is showing coming from united states so that must have inflated it a lot .. but in any case if they are to launch a premium version sure they can't price it at 55k otherwise who will buy S5 at 51k ?.. they'll likely go 60-65k

well who said india is a poor country ?

Don_1

Broken In
well, htc has priced m8 at 49,900 and thereby conceding the corner to s5. while many complaint about it being plastic , i say that is the only thing one can criticize s-series for.

this so called "plastic" design provides great advantages above it's rivals who have uni-body designs. and millions of samsung buyers over these years cannot be wrong....:lol:

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
well, htc has priced m8 at 49,900 and thereby conceding the corner to s5. while many complaint about it being plastic , i say that is the only thing one can criticize s-series for.

this so called "plastic" design provides great advantages above it's rivals who have uni-body designs. and millions of samsung buyers over these years cannot be wrong....:lol:
LOL. What's exactly the advantage of plastic over metal, something like M8's aluminium?

You high?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
After yesterday's HTC One launch Samsung has introduced a price cut on s5 and now it is available for Rs 46,450

this is good news as it will push sony to launch Z2 for not more than 45k

but sony's fked up pricing with M2 dual.. hope they don't do the same with z2

i don't think they will challenge samsung so a 44990 Price estimate would be great

After yesterday's HTC One launch Samsung has introduced a price cut on s5 and now it is available for Rs 46,450

this is good news as it will push sony to launch Z2 for not more than 45k

but sony's fked up pricing with M2 dual.. hope they don't do the same with z2

i don't think they will challenge samsung so a 44990 Price estimate would be great

Considering M2 Dual's price, Z2 looks to be at around 50k......... Until now Sony's pricing was good compared to Samsung & LG (HTC was over priced from begining, but now its realising its mistake it seems)

People will prefer Grand 2 over M2

Still I think within 2 months S5's price may come down to 40k or even less

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Considering M2 Dual's price, Z2 looks to be at around 50k......... Until now Sony's pricing was good compared to Samsung & LG (HTC was over priced from begining, but now its realising its mistake it seems)

People will prefer Grand 2 over M2

if you add 1k more your can get a brilliant T2 ultra from sony itself , and now Htc 816 pricing is already great..

yeah i know that's what i mentioned in the other thread as well..

the guy who set's the MRP needs to be fired as the actual sales prices are very different for sony

Xperia E1 - launched at mrp 10,000 it is available for 7000-7500 such a big difference

Xperia T2 ultra - launched at 26,000 Mrp available for 23000

same way i believe M2 dual will be available for Rs 18000

why do they give such high MRP and create negativity when their actual prices are quite different is beyond me..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Still I think within 2 months S5's price may come down to 40k or even less
It will. It is already available for 41k under that Citi Bank cash back offer, so after two months I'm quite confident that S5 will be 40k, if not less.

About Z2, Sony will release it for somewhere around 49k. I see how long will I have to wait to get it for something like 38/39k :|

Don_1

Broken In
LOL. What's exactly the advantage of plastic over metal, something like M8's aluminium?

You high?

lolz for someone who wants to change s4 because of "vibration" levels, i am not that high:wink:

Aluminium and glass covers offer great looks and carry a impression of durability but where they lack is usability and repair ability.

Not long ago one member reported how his z's backpanel couldn't get repaired as CC here doesn't know how to open the glass cover at the back.:shock::shock: and he was offered 20,000 cash back on new piece.

Plastic cover here is removable, replaceable at any samsung outlet, you can change the battery, whole body itself because of being plastic is light-weight and durable.......no chance of backpanel breaking.

Got the point?

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
lolz for someone who wants to change s4 because of "vibration" levels, i am not that high:wink:
Really? I'm not the only one who felt the vibration low. Besides I'm not 15 or a college kid who uses a phone for show off :cool:

Got the point?
No, nor I will. You didn't make any, rather you can't make any. Maybe your plastic Samsung needs repair ability, and maybe your phone spends more time in CC :lol:

:facepalm:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
i think its great price.. 48k will be mrp i guess.. so 46k street price same as S5 .. 44k online price same as S5 nice..

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Not to mention samsung are the ugliest of all phones. Xperia designs exude class and craftmanship.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/s...w-that-renders-the-camera-useless-222561.html

According to The Verge, users of S5 are seeing a “camera failure” error pop up randomly. The flaw emerged when users started complaining on various forums about the camera flaw. As of now there is no confirmation of the reason behind this issue and whether it is a software bug or some hardware issue, but a Samsung spokesperson told the site, “We have learned that a limited number of Galaxy S5 devices may have an issue that causes ‘Camera Failure’ pop-up error message.”

The flaw simply disables the camera hardware permanently and the only option with the user is to get the handset replaced. Service provider Verizon Wireless, whose S5 model is one of those affect, has tweeted about the flaw.

The Verge claims that Samsung has started a helpline number for aggrieved users for help in getting their handset replaced under Samsung’s warranty. Another option for the users is that they can swap their smartphone with their respective carriers.

Top Bottom