Samsung Galaxy S II

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Come the iPhone 5 and I am gonna be the first person to jump on it. Just hate this thing.It bloody doesnt allow me to download a APP which is there in the Market but I cant have it. What a shame Android u suck big time :-(
Troll?

Banned for a week.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Come the iPhone 5 and I am gonna be the first person to jump on it. Just hate this thing.It bloody doesnt allow me to download a APP which is there in the Market but I cant have it. What a shame Android u suck big time :-(

Some operators block certain ports. Vodafone live which I have blocks ports. Thats why iPhones have a separate plan on most operators.

red dragon

Master troll
Has anybody here tried to root their SGS-2? There is this APP that I desperately need to have and I cannot get it unless I root it. So am thinking what do I do? is it safe besides that it voids the warranty on it.

You do not even know how to root sgs2 and you are bored with it!!?
Go ahead buy the 4s,but let me warn you....if you are incapable of rooting android...you will screw up jailbreaking i.os for sure.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Suggest mods and admins be a little more lenient. Warn before banning please.

Kvishal may just be a frustrated user who may not know how to use his phone, or you may be right and he may be a troll, but the only way to know for sure is to warn him that he's "sounding like a troll" - innocent until proven guilty please, as it should be...

Unbanned.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Ofcourse DE delivers stuff free of cost to India, but the delivery time depends on where you live, I usually get stuff within 10-12 days of shipping(to South India), but people living up north have different stories, some even waited for a month or two.

Perhaps you didn't check my location on my post. Anyway, I live in Pondicherry, so perhaps shipping won't be an issue.

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Hello guys,
while browsing a site if I enlarge it and slidge the page from left to right, bottom to top or vice-versa. when the page reaches the end it stops with a bump and there is a blue shade for a second is this common or there is some problem??
And please share the apps you all are using and from where you download the themes and wallpapers(not the live wallpapers).

Thankx.

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Kvishal may just be a frustrated user who may not know how to use his phone, or you may be right and he may be a troll, but the only way to know for sure is to warn him that he's "sounding like a troll" - innocent until proven guilty please, as it should be...

Unbanned.
Seems still some matured mods are present here!
Rare case in Digit!

Hello guys,
while browsing a site if I enlarge it and slidge the page from left to right, bottom to top or vice-versa. when the page reaches the end it stops with a bump and there is a blue shade for a second is this common or there is some problem??
And please share the apps you all are using and from where you download the themes and wallpapers(not the live wallpapers).

Thankx.

Well I guess that blue shade is samsung replacement of bounce back effect in 2.3.6 so there is nothing to worry about and for nice collection of wallpapers you may check zedge wallpaper and ringtone app from market :evil:

Last edited:

Omi

-=[-_-]=-

Unbanned.
[OffTopic]
I don't think other mods did anything wrong, the troll was strong on that one.
there are some awesome games with good graphics offered by samsung itself in the Samsung app store, and any guy who has the brains to buy SGSII can browse there once before complaining, let alone leave pirated stuff etc.
[/OffTopic]

Anyways Did anyone try Deadspace? got a news its being offered free in the samsung app store

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
All of the mods/admins on this forum do a great and thankless job, and almost all of the members are also here to celebrate what we all love and have in common - technology.

Some of you however, think because mods and admins warn you or ban you at times, that they're jerks or power hungry, when that isn't the case at all.

Most users think it would be cool to be a mod / admin of a popular forum, most mods and admins want to go back to being regular users... because as a mod you just end up being damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The TDF mods are the most patient and mature you'll see around. They're pretty lenient too. In the last 3 years that's the first time I've found a flaw in what they've been doing, and I must add, that the guy looked like a troll to me as well. I only warned them because there was a remote possibility that a n00b was banned. 99% they were right, as Omi rightly points out.

Some people seem to like to rile people up, and start confrontations. I'm not against arguments, but when too many of them seem to appear as if they've been started on purpose, it bothers me.

Usually, my way of dealing with troublemakers, which those of you who have been here since the time I was active will testify to, usually means delete user, regardless of whether he has 3000 posts or 3, is a mod, admin or new guy.

However, since I've not been as active as I should be, I'll take the advice of the mods and admins in this case, and issue a general warning: Enjoy tech, and stop trying to get each other riled up like children... or else.

You know who you are.

Also, to ensure I'm being completely fair, I would request any user who has a complaint about a mod or admin to contact me at (robert.smith @ 9dot9.in), instead of posting rubbish and trying to start a flame war. If there is merit in your complaint, action will be taken, if not, I'll tell you why I think you're wrong.

Mods / Admins can also mail me when they are in doubt about something, or want to know what to do with a problematic user.

My apologies for the interruption to the technology discussions to everyone else.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
whats the difference bw 2.3.3 and 2.3.6?worth upgrading?

I have a bsnl sim on sgs2... mynetwork goes to no parking symbol(no signal) at some point of time in my office during day...but nw is there when i restart the phone...is it prob with gs2 or bsnl?

whats the difference bw 2.3.3 and 2.3.6?worth upgrading?

I have a bsnl sim on sgs2... mynetwork goes to no parking symbol(no signal) at some point of time in my office during day...but nw is there when i restart the phone...is it prob with gs2 or bsnl?

Yes worth it from 2.3.3 to 2.3.6, if someone using 2.3.5 thn IMO its not worth it, but quite difference from 2.3.3 to 2.3.6 which includes bug fixes, better battery etc.

Regarding the network problem, I suggest you to update to 2.3.6 version, as it comes with KL1 modem which is reported as best for network. Give it a try and report here.

yea, but I installed Kies only three days back. :mrgreen:

why do you even installed kies? :-D the crap software of Samsung!

Top Bottom