Samsung Galaxy S II

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Yes worth it from 2.3.3 to 2.3.6, if someone using 2.3.5 thn IMO its not worth it, but quite difference from 2.3.3 to 2.3.6 which includes bug fixes, better battery etc.

Regarding the network problem, I suggest you to update to 2.3.6 version, as it comes with KL1 modem which is reported as best for network. Give it a try and report here.

why do you even installed kies? :-D the crap software of Samsung!

Thanks will try :mrgreen:

dharmil007

Journeyman
Hey does anyOne know, can we use out GALAXY S2 as a WEBCAM ??
for video Calling on PC.
{P.S. dont have wIfI, so cant use it directly on fone.}

ithehappy

Human Spambot
you here, and there at xda too with same id? If yes, you received the ph back from service center?:-D
Yea same. I am same everywhere.
Will get back today.
whats the difference bw 2.3.3 and 2.3.6?worth upgrading?

I have a bsnl sim on sgs2... mynetwork goes to no parking symbol(no signal) at some point of time in my office during day...but nw is there when i restart the phone...is it prob with gs2 or bsnl?
Worth upgrading, yes.
We should consider ourselves lucky that we received an update meant for India. I never thought Samsung would do it :neutral:

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
It may sound stupid,
Is it possible to stop the stock player from auto rotating without any 3rd party app in 2.3.6?

I tried for hours but could not modify/replace the TW video apk of 2.3.6 with that of 2.3.3 fully.

Could manage to create a rotation shortcut in the player itself, but it will replace atleast one essential control button of the player!

If nothing works, I will force the player to landscape mode only, but that is the last resort.

Any help guys?
Can post the apk and framework files if any one is interested.

Sent from Galaxy S2

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Yeah better stability and much better battery life on 2.3.6.
Instead wait for the ICS upgrade, why waste time in upgrading to 2.3.6 & then to ICS again.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Bought a second hand S2 from a friend for 20k. Currently on CM9. Feels good to be back on Android.

Rahim

Married!
I have Kies installed and do my updates with it. Now there is an update for kies itself and i start the update process and it downloads but when i restart kies again it again shows that an update is available for kies. So i am unable to upgrade my mobile.

What is Odin? Is it legal or offixial way to upgrade?

Will Samsung provide ICS upgrade for Indian users? These mfgs are playing too much...why cant they.ptovide upgrades as and when it becomes available...

ithehappy

Human Spambot
What is the latest update?2.3.6?

I am still on stock 2.3.3 , does update add any feature or improve battery life?

According to XDA it's XXLPQ/DDLP8/DDLP7 4.0.3, Indian ROM. Which i am using for three weeks now, and yes, i believe it's meant for India too.

MANOfJosh

QA Professional
I have Kies installed and do my updates with it. Now there is an update for kies itself and i start the update process and it downloads but when i restart kies again it again shows that an update is available for kies. So i am unable to upgrade my mobile.

Try uninstall and reinstalling Kies.

What is Odin? Is it legal or official way to upgrade?

Odin is the software used to flash ROM for Samsung mobiles in recovery mode. As long as you are flashing Stock ROMs, You are fine. No Issues with respect to Warranty, etc.

Will Samsung provide ICS upgrade for Indian users? These mfgs are playing too much...why cant they provide upgrades as and when it becomes available...

Go Here. Samsung Updates - Unofficial. Download the ICS firmware for your phone filtering Country/Region. I guess Euro firmwares with English support should do. Also as stated by the user "ithehappy" there might be Indian ICS ROM. Make sure you pick i9100 or i9100G as applicable. Flash the ROM using ODIN. Good Luck :)

Last edited:
I have recently purchased a White SG-2 from Grey Market for 21K. Since it was imported from UK. I am not sure if it was a locked phone which was jailborken here. But if I upgrade its firmware, will it lock it?

Top Bottom