Samsung Galaxy S II

pauldmps

Banned
If the SGSII is priced at 30k, the Mini should be under 20k. In that case, it will sell like hot cakes. Now will Samsung price the Mini at that price given that it will compete with the SG SL ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
price i want to see these launching at:

Galaxy S2: 35k
Galaxy S2 mini: 27-28k (challenging SE Arc)

also S2 won't launch at 30k. looking at the specs, 35k fits the bill better.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
price i want to see these launching at:

Galaxy S2: 35k
Galaxy S2 mini: 27-28k (challenging SE Arc)

also S2 won't launch at 30k. looking at the specs, 35k fits the bill better.
Lets see! My sources tell me otherwise, but of course they could be wrong :)

kalpik

I'm almost 100% sure the version of SGS II launching in India will be the Super AMOLED Plus, Exynos SoC one.. :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
GS II will come S-AMOLED + coz the LCD is not yet released officially, but after the release of the LCD version it will replace the LED ones, that's why you have to buy it at first lot :)

kalpik

Hmm.. Here's the source: *twitter.com/#!/Praval/status/50872043201236992

This guy arranges Samsung PR events in India..

Oh, and yeah, learn to respect your sources ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ thanks for uncovering your anonymous source.

you always tell source but never told which, nor gave any clue. sorry but didn't mean to disrespect anyone :smile:

kalpik

Well, I could name him as the conversation happened on a public medium (Twitter).. As for some other sources, you cannot really name them.. And yes, I have other sources too :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Frankly speaking I don't believe S II will come 2 months late here. :)

On pre order and these Prices seem correct.
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100
Samsung Galaxy S II (Black) (Unlocked)

Soumik

Padawan
So, we should be expecting a price of 30K or wat?
That would be great, cause that would mean the mini price would be around 22-24K :D
ANyways... if it doesnt get released soon india, be sure it will be a nvidia tegra 2 batch.

Soumik

Padawan
It will always be an amoled version. I doubt 8.6mm waistline is possible in normal or SC LCD... unless PLS tech is used, which i know very little of.
Anyways... hope you are right and we get the cream bunch soon :D .. (ahem.. at a price point which doesnt give us a mild heart attack... :p)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Re: Samsung Galaxy S-II(GSM-Arena)

gr8 phone unlike its bro Galaxy S :)

Can you explain why? It seems to have the same plastic body, very light/fragile feel, which many found to be undesirable.

Plus, it doesn't have industry leading graphics/cpu performance which SGS had(should be iPhone5 this round, else Optimus 3D or similar phones with TI OMAP 4430).
It has a larger screen with the same resolution (but hopefully, the SAMOLED+ 's sharpness would be equivalent to a normal RGB-style LCD).

Having said that, hope this time around SGS II doesn't come with any glaring firmware issues out of the box. (which in itself, along with the specs, could potentially make it a best-seller, if priced competitively).

@kalpik,
Your sources have been wrong. (The one which I remember now, for instance,is your source saying gingerbread for SGS phones by Feb mid? Even now, no 2.2.1 released in India .. :( )..

But, this time I hope your source is correct. (not about being delayed part, though ;) ). Although, to me it seems like the launch price would be between 32-34k (so, the street prices would indeed be closer to 30k.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom