Samsung Galaxy S II

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Well, a dealer told me today that they are expecting SGS2 next month.. Though that's not really a reliable source :p

Soumik

Padawan
I asked in a Samsung outlet a couple of weeks back and they said SGS II is coming by end of April to their store. He looked pretty knowledgeable, even abt the rumoured SGS 4G model(which will actually not be coming to India... atleast not before SGSII), so i would believe him. :)

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
I asked in a Samsung outlet a couple of weeks back and they said SGS II is coming by end of April to their store. He looked pretty knowledgeable, even abt the rumoured SGS 4G model(which will actually not be coming to India... atleast not before SGSII), so i would believe him. :)

How much did he expect the price to be??

pauldmps

Banned
Samsung Galaxy S getting a 1.4GHz '2011 edition' next month (update: confirmed)

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/11x0331n833fx.jpg

Source: Samsung Galaxy S getting a 1.4GHz '2011 edition' next month (update: confirmed) -- Engadget

This again adds to my suspicion that the SGSII will be outrageously priced.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Samsung Galaxy S getting a 1.4GHz '2011 edition' next month (update: confirmed)

Source: Samsung Galaxy S getting a 1.4GHz '2011 edition' next month (update: confirmed) -- Engadget

This again adds to my suspicion that the SGSII will be outrageously priced.
Thats an awesome news...1.4ggHz...awesome!!!!!!!!

pauldmps

Banned
^^
I am disappointed. Still no flash for camera.

Now they'll try to push this at a high end price instead of GSII. They are unnecessarily crowding the market. First the SL, then GSII Mini & now this.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hmm.. Yeah.. Too much fragmentation of similar devices.. Not good.. Lets see how this goes..

Soumik

Padawan
Hey guys.. check out gsmarena... they are suspecting (even me), SGS 2011 or SGS+ is the same device as the rumored SGSII mini. They have the same rumoured specs and expected release date. The former is almost confirmed, while the latter is not yet confirmed. So, in all probability, Samsung wont be releasing 2 new super amoled devices at the same time... they are the same, and its gonna replace the SGSL(according to gsmarena, its gonna bridge the gap between SGSII and Ace).
@pauldmps - So, dont worry, i trust samsung to keep the price of both devices far below competition. :)
@kalpik - Its not gonna get fragmented, its just evolution. SGS is almost out of market. SGSL will be phased out. This one should make up for both the phones.

At least thats what i feel :D

Link :-samsung_i9001_galaxy_s_plus
BTW guys, Adreno 205 is similar to SGX540 in performance rite?

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Adreno 205 is old. new one is 220 which one should be a mobile GPU killer.

Yes. SGX 540 was certainly more powerful than Adreno 205.

Btw, here is a look into the performance that 220 offers :
Dual Core Snapdragon GPU Performance Explored - 1.5 GHz MSM8660 and Adreno 220 Benchmarks - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Keep in mind that, this is with an MDP(no cpu governor, indicating the highest performance possible. Also considering that the chip was given to the AT crew for testing, quite optimised to show its strength). Seems like iPad 2's SGX 543, might be the winner after all?

Soumik

Padawan
According to that link... This chipset at 1GHz should perform almost equivalent to a hummingbird. Benchmarks show different results for different type of benchmarking. Certainly 1.4GHz would not be less than SGX540 running hummingbird. rite?

Its supposed to replace SGS at a lower price point. For that purpose it would cost lesser than other phones with Adreno 205 in the market rite now. The chipset should be well justified.. provided the price point is right.

Top Bottom