Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Vs Motorola Defy Vs Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Hmm Thats true... Strange that it would be so. But since 600MHz to 800MHz would be a 33% speed increase, i guess it makes sense.
I did not find any benchmarkPi score for SL or Defy(please share if u find any), but Defy would certainly loose this test for both 25% speed increase and Froyo difference. :(
Still, I wonder if it would make any difference in day to day working at all. I used Defy, and Wave II(1 GHz hummingbird), from croma this weekend, and both felt quite smooth without any lag. While zooming in on pics Wave II gave a lag, which defy didnt, but it guess it would be touchwiz problem.
Anyways, I still think that 800MHz to 1GHz wont make too much of a difference in day to day life... but i may be wrong...

LegendKiller

In the zone
meanwhile i checked out Ace at mobilestore and its screen is awesome.........atleast in front of my n85....

SL galaxy wasn't available with them............

Soumik

Padawan
so overall which one is better Defy or Samsung Galaxy SL..???

Depends on your needs. If you need camera with flash, then defy. If you can live without flash and want a better video recorder, then SL.
Also, as i said, if ur afraid to mod, go for SL. If you are not, at the moment, Defy has more dev support than SL.
Usabilitywise, samsung is more user friendly IMO, plus the home screens are a lot more customizable.
I think defy prices will go down after a few days, but at current price, SL is more VFM(value for money).

OP
detonator2359
samsung is lil more delicate than defy...and can defy be overclocked..?? i m a rough phone user n which of the phone have better camera...??

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ Yup, Defy can be overclocked. And same goes for almost every android phone.

In still imagery defy has upperhand cuz of its LED flash.
And Galaxy SL is better in video recording thanks to its 720p video recording capability.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
think right now is the best time for under 20k buyers in the market.....
Though nobody mentioned Defy cam is not as good as that of SL .....
also Defy cannot record 720p video...though a guy at XDA modded it and did that....
One more thing is UI ....both suck one has to go and choose the one he/she finds the least sucking accordingly...... :mrgreen:

Android needs some serious dev help.....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i hate all the modded skins. just get stock android & download and install widgets, launchers yourself. at least it won't slow down your mobile.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
At 4.0" it is nothing but capable.....and yes the 0.3" does make a lot of difference......i guess that is a positive not the other way round...

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
I dont know if you have bought the phone or not.
So, I can say I am answering the question by comparing the phones, in-case you haven't till now.

Android is sure a way to do it now .. Most of the Specs are common so no need any more discussion. SL without LED Flash is a turnoff for me.. Why the hell Samsung left it out are they stupid, put in everything and they just forgot to put a 2$ led just stupid.

Moto Defy .. Build Quality is Great (*It is strong and rigid) with 3.7" screen, But 2.1 may be update is now soon available to 2.2 Fryo . But Still ..Why not I don't like modding myself but if you are into playing with hardware buy it, put Gingerbread ROM on it. and enjoy it. Since its very good Specs wise. A bit pricier but there is a BUT It is a protected Phone so I cant say its costlier. .. Water and Dust Resistant with Gorilla Screen.

If you are like me.. you don't do such stuff. Then Buy Samsung ACE, It comes with 2.2 Android and later it would get upgrade to 2.3 Gingerbread AFAIK. Ace is sleek good looking.. with almost same specs..except video recording. Importantly, Save your precious money.. I think ACE is priced at 14.2k in market. The difference is Rs.3800 around Rs.3300, and its significant. save a few bucks... later on Get yourself cool Bluetooth Headset (something like BH-503 or Jabra Halo) Hows That! :cool:

So decide. No Doubt both are good phones.

Regards

(can someone post the latest price plz)

Last edited:

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
marketing strategy. ppls who can spend 20k on a SL can spend 4k extra on a SGS.
Well I know what you mean but Whats the point. They just want too many Galaxy Phones..
rather than Someone has to put that concept designer in a room for 30 days and Spank him. *dl.dropbox.com/u/1871343/Smiley/spank.gif

If they can make one good handset it will sell itself more than creating more products just to fill market.
Its with Samsung and Nokia too .. sometimes I just feel too many phones around .. It just makes you confuse.:x

its so wrong at the core of the substance of the marketing management... I mean One Good handset is worth more than 10 wrong ones.:idea:
They are so dilutional .. may be they dont even have a clue how to market the products.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Well I know what you mean but Whats the point. They just want too many Galaxy Phones..
rather than Someone has to put that concept designer in a room for 30 days and Spank him. *dl.dropbox.com/u/1871343/Smiley/spank.gif

If they can make one good handset it will sell itself more than creating more products just to fill market.
Its with Samsung and Nokia too .. sometimes I just feel too many phones around .. It just makes you confuse.:x

its so wrong at the core of the substance of the marketing management... I mean One Good handset is worth more than 10 wrong ones.:idea:
They are so dilutional .. may be they dont even have a clue how to market the products.

Completely agree...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
rather than Someone has to put that concept designer in a room for 30 days and Spank him.

SGS was/is a great mobile but cost 25k. & 15k is reserved for Ace. so what about the 20k section? Wave II. but for those who wants android, its Defy. so they created a SGS variant. the idea is simple, short on budget, take SGS SL. budget not a problem, take SGS please.

also they have taken HTC's & Nokia route. all mobiles look the same.

more choice = better for the customer. confusing but at least you don't need to sacrifice some features for another. look at the 10-15k range. before it was only G3 & Wildfire. now its Ace, SE X8, O1, Wildfire, SG Fit, SG551. more choice better, if one knows what to choose & what to ignore.

they have. they are the market leaders & knows how to attract customers & sell more. earn more cash. thats the ultimate goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom