Samsung Ace abt -15k
Vs
Motorola Defy -18k
Vs
Sony ericsson Xperia X8 -13k

m a lil rough mobile user.....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
please don't insult Defy & Ace by comparing it to a flop X8. also X8 is overpriced, 128Mb ram & android 2.1. nothing but a big joke.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
The main competition is Defy Vs Ace...

Wait for a few days... Defy has a faster processor. Ace is very new.

Lets see some reviews of Ace first. I suspect it could be really good.

Or you could look at Samsung Galaxy SL @19.5k which is another amazing piece of tech.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Galaxy SL is really worth. also waiting a month will bring price of SL to around 18k or lower. so forget Defy & Ace. and remember, X8 = idiot's mobile.

OP
detonator2359
Galaxy SL doesnt have flash with camera...so does it matters..?? while defy has Led Flash with its camera..

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Samsung Galaxy is giveing Android 2.2 n Defy had Android 2.1 does this thing matters...??

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ depends on what you prefer. if you want it fr clicking pics, get Defy. else Galaxy S SL is really worth the price.

Soumik

Padawan
Among the 4 mobiles mentioned here...
If you're a non tech savy girl - X8.. got a cute pink color :) (otherwise i simple dont like it.)
Tight budget - Ace (like the design and looks, higher ram and better screen would have made it a sure deal.)
Want a phone with high potential and not afraid to mod - Defy (only rugged phone with one of the most compact bodies with biggest screens. Power proc, 512 ram, hi res 3.7" lcd... perfect :))
Want a phone with high potential and afraid to mod - Galaxy SL(Same powerful proc of Defy only clocked little higher, 478mb ram, 4" sclcd.. best display among them. no flash on camera. 4gigs mem. basically a mock up of the mightly galaxy S, but actually performs pretty well compared to the competition. excellent vfm)

But finally - go check the working mobiles in some shop, see the UI and check for lags... pick the one u like most :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
None of the mentioned phones will get Gingerbread update. Defy is still stuck on Eclair and Moto may or may not release Froyo.

I would pick Galaxy SL over Ace because of its better specs and more importantly, bigger and better battery life.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Except camera flash.

Another query is that it seems that Galaxy S Gingerbread update files have been leaked. Any chance of them working on the Galaxy SL ?

vishurocks

Journeyman
Yeah. Galaxy sl is a total vfm device @ 19.5k. But u can wait atleast a month and could get galaxy sl atleast 1k cheaper

Soumik

Padawan
Unless you want flash.
But I really think you shouldn't sacrifice other features (esp. 1GHz hummingbird chipset) for just flash :)

Its not really a Hummingbird chipset!!!
Its the same proc and GPU as that of Defy. Its a TI OMAP chipset.
The diff bet the two are:
CPU speed bump of 200Mhz - SL>Defy (Hardly matters)
RAM downgrade 34MB - SL<Defy (Almost Negligible)
Screen Upgrade from 3.7" LCD to 4" SCLCD on almost similar res. - SL>Defy (Matters quite a bit)
Size increase - SL<Defy (Defy is a significantly more compact and has a better grip)
Lower Build quality - SL<Defy (Defy has a much much better build than SL)
Froyo upgrade - SL>Defy (SL comes with froyo, defy is still stuck with eclair)
Flash missing - SL=Defy (Its a tie as SL has the better camera, but without flash cancelling each other out)
XDA support - SL<Defy (Defy has huge dev support and using roms, the potential of Defy increases many folds)
HD video recording - AFAIK SL supports 720p video recording, while Defy doesnt, so SL>Defy
Secondary Camera - SL has one, Defy doesnt. SL> Defy.
GPU - Both have the same decently powerful GPU.

Now.. take ur pick :)

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Other can add in the battery backup of the two and their latest street price. I cant comment on them for sure...

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Its not really a Hummingbird chipset!!!
Its the same proc and GPU as that of Defy. Its a TI OMAP chipset.

My bad :p

Soumik said:
The diff bet the two are:
CPU speed bump of 200Mhz - SL>Defy (Hardly matters)

It does matter.
Samsung Ace with 200 MHz CPU clock speed bump and same GPU (though significantly lower RAM) as that of Optimus One, performs better.
Head to GSMarena and check out their respective BenchmarkPi scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom