Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

niraj87

Broken In
LG Optimus One P500 review

LG Optimus One Review - Phone Arena

Also, watch the video review on the last page.

Last edited:

Aditya11

Journeyman
@aditya

Its seems no use of defending O1 against you and yours G3, as you IMO are not ready to accept any other suggestions...

No 'suggestions' will be accepted unless they seem logical. No one will buy O1 just because you 'suggested' so.

Moreover its seems like you got better G3 than me. Or its just me that dont like this phone very much.

That much is clear.

And stop using statements like "making fun of yourself" and "having much brain", as these statements doesnt show bright side of yours...

Lol. what 'bright side'? Stop using random words. I have countered your each 'suggestion' with valid points. Even the user who started this thread agrees that we need USER reviews while all you post are site reviews and still you expect others to agree to you completely.

This will be my last post in this thread, so better not reply to this post of mine as i m not willing to again read a post full of your "logic"...

Feel free to ignore my posts.

I still support O1 over my G3

Hope you will continue liking O1 even after 2 months from now on. Else it will be a repeat of O1 vs <some other phone> soon.

suyash_123 said:
Go for Nokia N8 or c7 or c6-01!!!!!

C6-01 seems mildly interesting. But no Android is a bummer.

Aditya11

Journeyman
Preferably create another thread, exclusively for O1 user opinions and reviews..or this thread can also be used.

gtcdon

Bah humbug
Hi..im also interested in buying a midrange android phone and after reading all discussions here i'm tempted to choose optimus one.....but still the main drawback is playability of divx/avi files of resolution min.640*360......also will apps like rockplayer or vplayer allow files of 640*360 resolution to be played in optimus one?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. this is interesting. Three reviews pointing at three different directions (video playback):

Eurodroid review says:

Someone also asked about the video formats and DivX/Xvid support. It successfully played this 624×342 resolution MPEG-4 XVID file. Here’s the Optimus One failing to play a 720×480 WMV file. A successful playback of a DivX file encoded at 352×256. That’s a pretty successful hit rate, as it’s pretty easy to live without WMVs.

Source: PHONE REVIEW: LG Optimus One, video, games and summary Eurodroid

Techradar says:

The video player is a bit more advanced, with LG adding in support for all popular online video formats. That said, we had a problem with a couple of standard definition Xvid encodes of TV shows which refused to play and popped up a "video resolution not supported" error. On the plus side, the phone easily handles WMV files and DivX content, so it's more than capable of functioning as a decent portable media player.

source: LG Optimus One review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Mobile phones

phonearena says:

Video playback supports Divx/Xvid codecs, which is a great feat, and those videos played nicely up to 420x260 pixels of resolution.

source: LG Optimus One Review - Camera and Multimedia - Phone Arena

So, I think it's better to wait for someone from TDF to get hold of the phone, do proper testing on how to encode videos for the phone and how to get the best resolution for videos.

Gollum

Collector
Any video that can be played by default by the in built player will play the video smooth. But through third party software, there can be a considerable dro p of framerate.
For eg,. My nokia 5233 can play 640*360 mpeg4 video smoothly but the same video lags horribly on smart movie player and july player.
July player also plays 720p video on my phone, but it plays at 1 fps lol

gtcdon

Bah humbug
more reviews of optimus one....now i'm sure i'm going for optimus....may buy it in december...hope the price falls to 12,500 as its the christmas season coming....

LG Optimus One review review | T3.com

LG P500 Optimus One Review: Is This Optimus Prime? We Go Hands-on With The Three UK Version To Find Out [We Review The LG Optimus One To See If Three UK Have A Winner On Their Hands] TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities

LG Optimus One review - Pocket-lint

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ currently avl for 12.8k in Mobile Store. by Christmas price should fall below 12.5k, making it an excellent buy. but also need look at G3. it too may have a major pricecut soon.

gtcdon

Bah humbug
^^ currently avl for 12.8k in Mobile Store. by Christmas price should fall below 12.5k, making it an excellent buy. but also need look at G3. it too may have a major pricecut soon.

ya...if its coming below 12.5k its gonna b a bestseller....the things which makes me stay away from g3 is its poor resolution and lacking froyo and low battery life...

also is any company planning to launch any more midrange phone....like samsung??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
low resolution is ok if the price is 1.5-2k cheaper. but G3 yet to get Froyo update anywhere. battery is isn't best or maybe due to firmware (sudden drop in battery meter). ram is half thats avl on O1 (slightly better multitasking). and the last bad news, it still sells for around 12k (11.8k) whereas O1 for 12.8k. 1k more for so many features & goodies, LG O1 clearly trumps G3.

so O1 best buy price is 12.5k & G3 is 10.5-11k. anything over it & O1 is the choice.

Anand073

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys..
I believe we can make VOIP calls using IM like Nimbuzz or Fring on android phones... But I have heard that O1 doesnt support this due to its hardware limitations.

Is this true ?? I am planning to buy this phone and VOIP is one of my requirements.

Can any1 help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom