Votes: 54 83.1%
  • Samsung Galaxy 3

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

comrade

foreign return(0)
Using G3 for a week and more and I would say it's a pretty decent buy.

The screen resolution isn't bad for reading or browsing(with pinch zoom) and none of the apps I tried from android market has got to complain anything or incompatibility with the screen.

And coming to the battery life, yes it does drains if the addons are enabled. There is a power control widget on my homescreen with which I manage the connecting mode/brightness/etc. It serves me well atleast providing 2 days backup before I was asked to connect the charger.

Unlike symbian it never gets slowdown with the amount of apps installed. My phone almost exhausted its internal storage. Bluetooth is only 2.1, no or zero screen visibility in sunlight,no call attend button are some rip offs.
Overall a better phone in its category if not the best.

R2K

In the Zone
how much does these phones cost.........
Samsung Galaxy 3
LG Optimus One
i lost my phone and i am looking out for a new one

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
how much does these phones cost.........
Samsung Galaxy 3
LG Optimus One
i lost my phone and i am looking out for a new one
Samsung G3: 10,500-11,000 (a bit variation)
LG optimus one(P500) : I guess its going to get launched on 15th November 2010..Should be within 13K

check this out
Techtree.com India > Features > Comparing Android Touch Phones Under Rs. 20K

Nice find!! P500 is certainly termed as a promising component and samsung G3 has less rating... just waiting for the full review of LG optimus!!!!!! :-D

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
OPTIMUS ONE RELEASED!!!
13K and performs better than Galaxy 3...

LG Optimus One P500 Value for - Latest Mobile Phone Price | Review & Feature in India

I hav made a new thread about it in mobile monsters!!!
Lets discuss everything else there :-D

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
OPTIMUS ONE RELEASED!!!
13K and performs better than Galaxy 3...

LG Optimus One P500 Value for - Latest Mobile Phone Price | Review & Feature in India

I hav made a new thread about it in mobile monsters!!!
Lets discuss everything else there :-D

i foind the ultimate review of both phones and the winner is galaxy3
main points of win
1. G3 can play 720*480 standard definition video (all formats)
2. G3 has a special sound chip and a cool music player interface which allows player controls wven if the screen is locked.
3. Thw camera of g3 offers many options to play with.
4. Picture viewer is quite cool.
5. 667mhz cpu is quite powerful for 240*400 screen resolution.

Now comes optimus one
1. Cannot play 720*480 sd video
2. Music player is the default android one which is pretty bland and clunky. Sound quality is not great either.
3. Camera does not give yoi much optons.
4. Picture viewer is also very basic.
5. 600mhz cpu is not good enough for 320*480 screen.

Gollum

Collector
I'm trying dude. Its nota pc that i'm using. Will surely post as soon as i open up opera mini and write down the url on paper cause om does not allow me to copy.

Here,
LG Optimus One review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Mobile phones
mind it that these people gave a pretty bad verdict on g3 but optimus had worse lol

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
techredar is expecting too much from a low end android phone :-(
They even dont find 320*480 resolution adequate :-Q

Guess you and me are same: we are bothing using mobiles to post :-D

Gollum

Collector
Which one do you have? Mobile that is. I have 5233
and i want an upgrade. Phone is my only entertainment device. No computer here.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Which one do you have? Mobile that is. I have 5233
and i want an upgrade. Phone is my only entertainment device. No computer here.

I hav galaxy 3... Soon will be shifting to optimus one, within a week i guess... :-D

And i hav a dead laptop too...

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I voted Optimus One. Having used a Nokia 5800 (and now Galaxy S!!), I would struggle to browse in a v.low res screen. As stated, the music player as well as keyboard application can be changed.So, it is not really a plus point for Galaxy 3. (Also it'd be more difficult to install the latest Swype in Galaxy 3, because it is a system app. In , LG Optimus One , I figure it'd be much better).

And Bluetooth 3 and Wi-Fi N is certainly not that useful.(to a point where its absence is considered a disadvantage) . (Heck, even USB 3.0 , which arguably is more prevalent is hardly of no use right now)... Plus, Optimus One looks better..

Having said that, I haven't used either of these device, so these are just initial impressions. It is possible that Galaxy 3 may feel more snappy due to the low-res, making it more usable on a daily basis. In any case, it is good to see competition of android devices in this budget, which I figure would be the price at which most Indians buy smartphones nowadays. (Above 20 K would be too much for many, I presume). :)..

Hoping for an onslaught of capacitive, 3.2" or more sized HVGA devices (with the specs of an iphone 3GS ) in the price range :)

Aditya11

Journeyman
It is good to see G3 winning in this poll, despite being 'older' than O1. Guess, LG has miles to go before its brand is trusted..

techredar is expecting too much from a low end android phone :-(

Funny how you didn't say the same when some other review site didn't favorably rate G3! :-D

I voted Optimus One. Having used a Nokia 5800 (and now Galaxy S!!), I would struggle to browse in a v.low res screen.

And Optimus One isn't very hi-res device either.

As stated, the music player as well as keyboard application can be changed.

This is irrelevant point. We judge device on the basis of what it comes equipped with. In that case, the only advantage of O1 is the FroYo update, which G3 currently runs on Eclair.

So, it is not really a plus point for Galaxy 3. (Also it'd be more difficult to install the latest Swype in Galaxy 3, because it is a system app. In , LG Optimus One , I figure it'd be much better).

Swype version gets auto-updated with latest firmware. This is the advantage of built-in apps. Same goes for Think Free office. BTW, O1 doesn't have Swype.

Plus, Optimus One looks better..

It doesn't OBJECTIVELY look better. Different people, different tastes.

Having said that, I haven't used either of these device, so these are just initial impressions. It is possible that Galaxy 3 may feel more snappy due to the low-res, making it more usable on a daily basis.

How low-resolution is anywhere related with snappiness? Its funny that you have not used either device yet post such uninformed comments.

In any case, it is good to see competition of android devices in this budget, which I figure would be the price at which most Indians buy smartphones nowadays. (Above 20 K would be too much for many, I presume). :)..

Most people go for Value for Money devices.

Hoping for an onslaught of capacitive, 3.2" or more sized HVGA devices (with the specs of an iphone 3GS ) in the price range :)

Amen.

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@aditya

I never said G3 is bad or not good. But i did said that O1 is better than G3.
And about me being funny part, check out my post again. I think my post didnt stopped just where you have quoted. I said they even found O1 resolution low. But its actually better than G3. So, I think they were pointing to G3 too. :)

O1 has 160 more pixels per unit area compared to G3. These pixels really comes into count.
Its actually funny that you are not ready to accept this fact.
C'mon dude face it, its reality. :-|

O1 got
1. better built quality
2. better appearance
3. better RAM
4. android 2.2
5. 3g HSDPA 7.2Mbps
6. physical buttons, which I think are better than capacitive ones.
7. better pixels, or better display
8. snappy performance

Post your opinion and i will comment on that too.

Last edited:

niraj87

Broken In
How low-resolution is anywhere related with snappiness? Its funny that you have not used either device yet post such uninformed comments.

I joined in here after reading this discussion itself.

Dude, the lower the resolution, the snappier the performance (assuming the same CPU clock speed, here 600MHz on average), as the CPU requires to process less no. of pixels per sq.unit area.

I bought an LG Optimus GT540 after watching these videos, before which I had all the plans to buy the Galaxy 3 n was very excited for it.
YouTube - Review: Samsung Galaxy 3 vs Galaxy 5
YouTube - LG Optimus (GT540) vs. HTC Desire [Neocore] -- Ausdroid

Both the videos r a must watch for all.

The Optimus One P500 is much better than GT540 and GT540 is to an extent better than Galaxy 3 (minus music, but that is only coz G3 has the DNSe technology, on paper). I have no issues with music (which is even better than my old SE K530i's music) on the GT540, except that the speaker output crackles at high frequencies.

niraj87

Broken In
For the guy talkin abt Samsung G3 built-in apps, cam, gallery, music, here's a long lecture :

The camera on LG GT540 has loads of options, similar to a digicam, tho not quality, but the video capture is great. Havent u heard of camera apps like Camera Fx, Camera 360, Vignette, etc?

Abt Swype and a better inbuilt music player, we have Cubed, Winamp, PowerAmp, Mort player, MixZing, which rule the Android world rite now...I have all the apps on my GT540 n all of them latest versions and free of cost.

I have Swype, Samsung's Touch-Wiz launcher, Acer's Launcher, HTC widgets n the best of them all - Windows 7 launcher (which completely transforms my Android UI to Windows UI), Gesture Search for searching apps, contacts, music with gestures !! Loads of other launchers like Open Home n blah blah..with 3D icon drawers etc..All this without rooting my phone !!
What **** r u talkin abt those built-in apps in G3?

Everything is available on 4shared, mediafire, XDA forums, Modaco n awesome sites like (just to help u):
Freeware Lovers: The Best Things in Life are FREE
Android downloads
Download Android | Free Android Apps | Free Themes | News and Updates
Free Android Games, Android apps, Android Wallpapers, Android Themes, HTC T-MOBILE G2, G1 Games, Apps, wallpapers, themes - AndroidSoft4u
Download Android Applications, Games, Themes. Android News and Reviews.
AndAppStore : New Releases
www.freeware4android.net
SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace
Android Themes, Android Mobile Wallpapers,Apps,Games Free Download
Android Nation

The ONLY advantage of G3 over the GT540 is the Capacitive screen n multi-touch, else everything is similar.

NOW, if the GT540 is performs better than the Galaxy 3, what do u expect out of the Optimus One P500 ?

Gollum

Collector
The only reason i'm not going for lg is because it can't play sd video and low colour depth, average music player interface and I've made my mind. If you have purchased lg then let me know how it feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom