Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Samsung Galaxy 5 (9000/-)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Acer beTouchE110 (9500/-)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jetboy

Journeyman
gsmarena shows there is a difference between the I5800 and I5801....the later has an orange based theme rather than the touchviz..other all seems same....
Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 vs. Samsung I5801 Galaxy Apollo - GSMArena.com

Am I not sure will that difference be in india too ?

Does the resolution really matters a lot ? will it also have the same problem of some applications not working on the Wqvga display as it does for the HTC wildfire QVGA display..

After Spica this seems a better option...

X8 does not seem upto the mark to I5800...with less internal memory, no autofocus for camera, slower processor than I5800. The only plus point seems to be display.

As far as I know Eclair does not allow you to install apps on the memory card..so internal memory would really matter...isnt it?

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Dudes to add more...phone arena has giveb wilfire 7.5 ratings whereas samsung I5800 gets 7

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Oh F! X8 comes with just 128MB of RAM. What's wrong with these guys (HTC, samsung and SE). this is insane.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Where did u people get that X8 have 128 MB RAM...Give me source link please..:shock:

I have seen many sites and all say internal memory 128MB but RAM is nowhere mentioned

Incredible Hulk

Hulk Smash!
please please help me out!!!

Which is a better choice in terms of value for money - galaxy 3 or 5? There is no significant diff between the 2 but there is a price diff of 3000. My only concern is will all the apps in gal 3 be supported by gal 5? gal 5 doesnt have support for MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player but aren't open source apps available for android phones? So let's say I buy gal 5, can I later on install free s/w to get support for MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 files?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Where did u people get that X8 have 128 MB RAM...Give me source link please..:shock:

I have seen many sites and all say internal memory 128MB but RAM is nowhere mentioned

Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 - Mobile Gazette - Mobile Phone News

OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
please please help me out!!!

Which is a better choice in terms of value for money - galaxy 3 or 5? There is no significant diff between the 2 but there is a price diff of 3000. My only concern is will all the apps in gal 3 be supported by gal 5? gal 5 doesnt have support for MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player but aren't open source apps available for android phones? So let's say I buy gal 5, can I later on install free s/w to get support for MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 files?

Galaxy 5 is a good basic smart phone, not sure bout app support though! in this range u can also consider Nokia 5230 or 5530!

sujoyp

Grand Master
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 - Mobile Gazette - Mobile Phone News

Ok thanks for the link

Actually its strange to see most of the big sites like gsmarena and phonearena didnt mention its RAM...only blogs and articles have written 128MB

Ok i see many difference between Galaxy 3 and Galaxy 5

1. Screen of Galaxy 3 is 16M colors, 240x400 & 3.2 inch
Galaxy 5 is 256k, 240x320 & 2.8 inch

2.Galaxy 3 have multitouch support..no multitouch in galaxy 5

3. Galaxy 3 have bluetooth 3...no bluetooth 3 in Galaxy 5

4. 3.15mp cam in galaxy 3 vs 2mp cam in galaxy 5

5. Divx support in galaxy 3 ...no support in galaxy 5

6. Lastly Galaxy 3 is upgradable to Android 2.2 but no guarantee for galaxy 5

I think there r enough feature difference for 3k

jetboy

Journeyman
Hey common friends, please answer mine question, I want to make early decision before I5800 goes out og the market magically....lol

gsmarena shows there is a difference between the I5800 and I5801....the later has an orange based theme rather than the touchviz..other all seems same....
Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 vs. Samsung I5801 Galaxy Apollo - GSMArena.com

Am I not sure will that difference be in india too ?

Does the resolution really matters a lot ? will it also have the same problem of some applications not working on the Wqvga display as it does for the HTC wildfire QVGA display..

After Spica this seems a better option...

X8 does not seem upto the mark to I5800...with less internal memory, no autofocus for camera, slower processor than I5800. The only plus point seems to be display.

As far as I know Eclair does not allow you to install apps on the memory card..so internal memory would really matter...isnt it?

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Dudes to add more...phone arena has giveb wilfire 7.5 ratings whereas samsung I5800 gets 7

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Wont I5800 have the same problem as that of wildfire?? like less apps due to QVGA

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hey common friends, please answer mine question, I want to make early decision before I5800 goes out og the market magically....lol

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Wont I5800 have the same problem as that of wildfire?? like less apps due to QVGA

Dude. if you are okay with lack of huge amount of apps, it is better to try Samsung Wave than i5800 etc. Much better phone in every aspect. Bada OS is good and only thing that it is yet to have is strong application store.

animish

Technocrat
Go for the HTC wildfire if you can live with the substandard QVGA screen :evil:cause the other features of the phone are gr8 4 that price especially the 5mp snapper with led flash and good amount of memory

sujoyp

Grand Master
Desibond is right...y dont u just compare the feature of Samsung wave with wildfire and i5800...Wave is much better in every aspect...

After good sale of Wave samsung is launching 2 new Bada OS phone...

jetboy

Journeyman
thanks a lot for suggesting the wave...but I would really like to go for a driod based phone. After searching a lot for spica...i dont want to settle for a bada OS :-(..I hope desibond and sujoy understand this :)

I guess the competition now lies only between X8 and I5800. If its a I guess we have to wait until X8 launches......

sujoyp

Grand Master
U want an android phone, thats not a problem.....problem is the androids below 20k have some or other problem..

We r not 100% happy by any of them:sad:

jetboy

Journeyman
ya i truely understand :(

Its always odd to see HTC legend 24K phone has the weak processor than the samsung I5800 but still seems to be in a good phone range as it has AMOLED screen...

hackerzlab

Journeyman
3G is gonna be in India by september/october hopefully and cell phones without secondary camera after spending over 10k would be such a waste of money.

the above phones doesn't have secondary camera... u will be left out when video calling becomes a part of life. Wave has battery issues with some people. good luck.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The legend doesnt have a weaker processor. Its manufactured by Qualcomm and has an inbuilt Graphics accelerator. The one by Samsung is just a Mhz-fest. More like an i3 proccy with 2 ghz and a pentium 4 with 3. The I3 runs much faster.

Top Bottom