Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Samsung Galaxy 5 (9000/-)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Acer beTouchE110 (9500/-)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lmnhand

Right off the assembly line
which is processor Galaxy 3 is using i know its 667 Mhz processor but is it qualcom ?
what about ROM and RAM it just say internal memory ?
whats the difference between them ?

OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
unable to find the details...

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

performance wise which is de best of the three? Wildfire, galaxy 3 or X8

jetboy

Journeyman
ya same question..is galaxy 3 out? Samsung site doesnt have it. They dont even have a part where they show upcoming mobiles!!, so cannot get any idea.

I went to a Samsung Authorised dealer and asked him if he has any idea about Samsung 5800 or 5801...he laughed back and said those are more Nokia Sir not from Samsung and gave me grim face..Why do these dealers are so less educated... :-/

If anybody got hands on it? Any hands-on review from someone ?

No ones interested??

tejaslok

Journeyman
guys im planning to buy samsung gal 3 but after seeing some comments here i came to know that there are less apps for it and also cant we install apps to memory card but only for internal mem card, let me know wat is ur say on that? I was between two phones "nokia 5800 xpmusic & samsung gal 3":???::???:

so wat is ur say on that >? :-o:-o:-o

ladoo1985

Broken In
guys im planning to buy samsung gal 3 but after seeing some comments here i came to know that there are less apps for it and also cant we install apps to memory card but only for internal mem card, let me know wat is ur say on that? I was between two phones "nokia 5800 xpmusic & samsung gal 3":???::???:

so wat is ur say on that >? :-o:-o:-o

Plz...plz...don't go for nokia, android has really proved himself as a better OS, symbian^1 sucks...!!
Insted of going for Nokia one should consider Wave its a better handset in terms of hardware as well as Bada OS is better then Symbian^1 or Moto Backflip has also be launched in India with android 2.1.
Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 vs. Motorola BACKFLIP - GSMArena.com

Guys, the problem is that their are so many android phones available for less then 20K, but of no use as most of the apps gets filtered out...n the real fun of using android is on a larger screen n those phones gives a burn in ur pocket.

I'm also interested in buying an android phone but, cant spend more than 20k and if u consider that range u are left with so many phone that doesn't solve the android purpose.

As per my point of view, its seriously a waste of money if u are buying an android less than 20k as it looses the entire sheen and productivity of android, wait for some time n then go for the higher end model, coz our needs can't be satisfied as we always wants the best and the latest....:grin:

tejaslok

Journeyman
now i changed my mind !!! So waiting for x8 or gal 3, its launched today and BTW let me some reviews abt x8 in TDF and will move on with it !

Aditya11

Journeyman
Hi guys,

I rooted my Galaxy 3 (i5801) and could use live wallpapers too.

Then, I wanted to disable GPRS when not in use, so I downloaded APN On-Off app from the market. It toggled APN fine at the first go, but couldn't retrieve APN settings afterwards. I lost APN settings and unable to connect to GPRS since! The dreaded app has taken away all the fun indeed..:cry:

I even reset all the settings to factory default and tried to manually enter APN settings, but still no GPRS! Can anyone please help!

1. How can I retrieve my APN settings, if at all?

2. Is there any reliable APN toggle app in the market which doesn't screw your APN settings permanently?

3. Is there anyone from Pune, India using IDEA GPRS? If yes, can you please send me all the APN settings thru PM? I would be really grateful..the ones available on the web are incomplete and are not working.

Thanks.

giprabu

In the zone
Hi guys,

I rooted my Galaxy 3 (i5801) and could use live wallpapers too.

Then, I wanted to disable GPRS when not in use, so I downloaded APN On-Off app from the market. It toggled APN fine at the first go, but couldn't retrieve APN settings afterwards. I lost APN settings and unable to connect to GPRS since! The dreaded app has taken away all the fun indeed..:cry:

I even reset all the settings to factory default and tried to manually enter APN settings, but still no GPRS! Can anyone please help!

1. How can I retrieve my APN settings, if at all?

2. Is there any reliable APN toggle app in the market which doesn't screw your APN settings permanently?

3. Is there anyone from Pune, India using IDEA GPRS? If yes, can you please send me all the APN settings thru PM? I would be really grateful..the ones available on the web are incomplete and are not working.

Thanks.

dude can you post a neat review of your fone here..?
i'm more concerned about its display, battery and the SWYPE feature..

Aditya11

Journeyman
Sorry for the late reply. You can now read my review of i5801!

Let me know if you have any more questions..

jetboy

Journeyman
Sorry for the late reply. You can now read my review of i5801!

Let me know if you have any more questions..

Did you do the rooting within the warranty? Was it completely successful without any glitches within the working of the phone now?

What changes does it make after rooting..I mean what more good it gets out from the phone?

If yes then can you please provide the link from where you did rooting?

thank you

Aditya11

Journeyman
Rooting voids the warranty and its strictly "do at your own risk" kinda thing. However, rooting is generally safe because you can UNroot the phone and gain back the warranty.

I referred this thread over@ XDA Developers. I didn't encounter any glitches or problems while or after rooting.

Rooting has following benefits:

1. Enable Live wallapapers: most people do rooting for this. However, know that only by rooting you wont be able to use Live wallpapers. You will need to type some commands in the Terminal Emulator (freely available on Market) and enable them. You will find the instructions to do the same in the above mentioned thread.

2. Titanium backup: If you wish to do a reliable backup of both free and paid apps, then Titanium backup is the most popular way. It works only on rooted phones.

3. Special apps: There are couple of apps ( / tools) which monitor behavior of other apps and gives you full control over the OS. These work only in the rooted mode. Some other apps, like the one which enables taking screenshot of your phone screen, also requires rooting of your device. There may be more..can't remember as of now.

Plus, you feel cool and geeky after rooting your device! :cool:

Top Bottom