Samsung C100 review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheetah

In the zone
I have seen a lot of messages where people wanna know about C100 so i am posting this review.

Original Source :My Rediffblog ( *lovedeepwadhwa.rediffblogs.com/2004_14_03_lovedeepwadhwa_archive.html )

Samsung SGH-C100

+ Points:-Cheap,Good Looks,Elegant, Enjoyable polyphonic ringtones,Light Weight

- Points:-No MMS and FM support, low battery life,No Datacable or Software CD Bundled.

If Looks could kill:-

I bought this beauty for 5700 only.Its a good loking silver piece which can offer upto 65,000 colours on a 128x128 pixel size LCD Screen.This 76 grams phone seems to be the lightest of its kind and price range.

This sleek looking phone with GPRS connectivity comes with internal antennas and can beat any phone in its category in terms of looks.It has 38 polyphonic ringtones,4 Java Midlet games and a wide range of wallpapers.The inbuilt memory for SMS messages is 50 for the handset and can be more depending on the sim card.You can store up to 500 phone numbers in the phonebook. Up to 3 numbers (home, office and mobile) and e-mail address can be added to one entry.The phone also offers infrared connectivity which can be used for interaction with Laptops,PCs and other devices.One have to download Easy GPRS software for infrared connectivity which is available for Mac and Windows and can be downloaded from *www.samsung.com/ or *www.samsungmobile.com/ .The WAP browser can be used to surf wap enabled sites from within the handset.

Keypad and Menu Interface

The keypad is good looking but conjusted enough so its hard to play games and type long messages but other features can be used with ease.The navigation is a circular keypad with is very thin and might become a pain on your fingers.All the items of the main menu are 3D animated pictures.So, when you enter a menu, you can see not just an animated picture, but full three-dimensional picture, which is almost alive.Beginners can switch on to simple menu style for less confusion.One of the most important feature included in the phone is the additional scrolling button on the upper left side,it can also be used for changing key volumes in the standby mode.

Impressions:-

The phone is a real beauty and has an excellent quality.It didn,t have any problems.Battery can be end upto 5-6 days in the standby mode.It is the most popular model from samsung,i hope that in the near future it repeats the success of samsung R200/R210.There are no similar models for such price in the market.Its price is near about 140 USD and its sold for 6900 in india..Its outstanding because of the first time used technologies in the phone of middle class.

Some Common Queries about GPRS connectivity:-

Q:-how to use infrared ?

A:-To use infrared you need Easy GPRS software which is freeware and can be downloaded from *www.samsung.com/

Q:-Do i need additional drivers for GPRS connectivity ?

A:-No,all the drivers are bundled with Easy GPRS software.

Q:-Is there any datacable available in the Market ?

A:-Yes,you can buy Serial or USB cables from market if u have no IRDA port on your PC.The same Easy GPRS software can be used with these cables also.

Q:-Is it possible to upload java midlets also thru Infraredand using EasyGPRS?

A:-Java Midlet games,Walpapers,Polyphonics can be downloaded via infrared or cables.

Examples of ringtones---------- *www.mobile-review.com/review/image/samsung/c100/c100.mp3

For Latest Price Visit:-
*www.india-cellular.com/Handset-Prices.htm

OP
C

cheetah

In the zone
There are some issues like how 2 convert jpg,bmp to smaung abm format or how to convert midi rintones or wave tones to samsung mmf format.For clearing these goto my old broken website *www.mobileinfoline.tk or pm me.The c100 is a good buy all over.

daj123

Journeyman
I am using C100 for sometime now and its battery life is VERY good. You might have a bad battery there. My battery lasts upto 3-4days with normal usage.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Cool even I like the C100 the only problem that I found was its ringer, its too soft and sometimes we can't even feel the vibrations.

allindrome

Journeyman
Speaking of C100 reminds me of the review about X100 which I had done on mouthshut.com about 8 months back.

*www.mouthshut.com/review/Samsung_SGH-X100-57858-1.html

Of course the official price has now fallen to Rs.6200/-

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm.. C100 is a old phone..., try to review a newer phone.

A good review and u can improve as well....

avi_avadhut

Broken In
proud owner of c100.

hi guys,

i am proud owner of c100.

no problems till now.

always keep it on vibrate mode so no problem with low sound.

i hate loud tones (nokia 3315).

my office public will kill me for that much sound.

total - happy.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@avi: what abt the rest of the time??? wouldnt u want the nice tones at all other times??? just wondering....

avi_avadhut

Broken In
got something nice tones

already downloaded pretty women, khk, dtph and many more tones from my friends laptop.

he has easy gprs so when i want i enjoy tones like anything.

even i have backup of my C100 on my pc.

:)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well one more proud owner here too so just wanna add up one more teeny weent point to it :D

When Accessing Gprs Via this cell consumes hell a lot of battery.....When activated on my piece the cell battery lasted not for more than a day and a half which usually should run for atleast 3-4 days max at a full charge :wink:

@avi....well depends on what tones u have.....when i last downloaded the Mortal Kombat's Full theme for it....all my friends were like crazy behind it and constantly out to listen to it....plus i just like the sound of samsung's poly tones compared to other phones....guess the mmf tones does have its own adavantages :wink:

Also make that one more addition to it.....If on a Hutch Sim card then The memoy for SMS is 25 besides the default 50 for the phone's SMS memory 8)

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:shock: :shock: nooo ...nooo....nooo....dont tell me that Mr. Cruise is using samsung??? nd dat too C100?????

for me the biggest -ve point is the screen size... :eek:

KHUBBU

Journeyman
I'm also a C100 owner. One feature i liked the most ( dont know whether it is present in other phones also) is that u can create caller groups and assign different ringtones and sms tones also to different groups. This really helps to differenciate between an important call from a not so imp one, especially if u r driving some vehicle.

Battery life is equivalent to others. Great phone if u want basic features + absolutely great graphics.

4 star for poly tones.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
grinning_devil said:
:shock: :shock: nooo ...nooo....nooo....dont tell me that Mr. Cruise is using samsung??? nd dat too C100?????

for me the biggest -ve point is the screen size... :eek:

well grinnie the screen size is actually too small but is just barely enough to read by my god gifted "eye sight" :lol: also the screen size was not a concern for me then as i just needed a basic Gprs Color handset and so obviously this choice.....personally i vote this cell a big thumbs up in terms of light weight and sleekness :wink:

avi_avadhut

Broken In
and what about the clarity of the screen.

i am dammn happy about it.

even it is small but still quality is good.

and man what can you expect in 5.5 k

it is the best phone in that price range.

avi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom