Same-sex marriages are now legal across the entirety of the United States

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Rape, no, consensual sex, behind closed doors, in the bedroom. And we have already agreed not to be bothered about what's going behind closed doors.

And if you don't know the basics, legal age of a person who can give consent to sex varies in countries. Your definition of child might very well mean adult in some other country.

It's not objectively possible to lay down a perfect law. If it can ensure that a good number of people are protected then it is better than no law at all. There will be exceptional cases, no denying that. I am pretty sure that you understand the concept of "works in most scenarios barring few exceptions".

If you don't know how legalizing same sex marriage will help towards equal laws then I will leave the matter here.

Out of this thread because you are just feeding off of the minor points to feel good about your opinions.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
No one ever said that it should be legal just because it is natural.
Is homosexuality still understood as being unnatural because it is sex that does not make babies? Then sex with contraception is as unnatural.

The most recent line of thought is that the trait is more or less controlled by factors other than DNA or the epigenome which has helped preserve the homosexuality despite it not being "fittest for survival". Some models have been proposed about how the gene is being regulated and passed on through generations, mainly through the control of testosterone levels of the mother. Problem with this line of thought if proved right? A number of external factors can control the behaviour of the epigenome eg food, pollution, drugs, chemicals, stress, social interactions etc. Looks like Ramdev Baba should sponsor this research. :lol:
Not entirely convinced that homosexuality is not "fittest for survival". One scenario. Say there are only two males, and one female. The males can fight each other to the death over the female, or they can... umm cement their bond of companionship by moshing their genitals together too?Lions, Dolphins, Chimpanzees and Bonobos have much of the same DNA, but the ways in which homosexual behavior manifests in these groups have a lot to do with the social organization. Im sure that there is some sea slug or the other which exhibits sexual dimorphism and some sneaky normally larger males pretend to be the size of smaller females and even let the larger males mount them at times just to confuse them.

Some models have been proposed about how the gene is being regulated and passed on through generations, mainly through the control of testosterone levels of the mother.
Not a problem. This has to do much with gender also, not just sexual orientation and think these hormones are used for transgender people also.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Although I welcome the move ,I have some things to say.The problem with homosexuals is that a lot of them rely upon non consensual/forced means to attain sex.
You may say that sex is not the only thing they're after ,but let me ask you this
How many of you had a bad experience with a homosexual in a bus/train/public places etc where they might touch you sensually,fondle,pass comments etc ?
Though the "ideal gay" might be around you without bothering you or anyone who is not interested,this is how we all get that impression.
I remember the day the law passed ,I was walking to the railway station,It was a bit dark and I found a guy ,must be around 20 years walking slowly.Somehow I felt something unusual.The moment I was about to pass him ,he took his cellphone and starts talking loudly like he was talking to the one who is over the phone about how good he can su** ****.He is like frantically mumbling erotic things just to get my attention.I ignored and walked away.
Is this how "love" works among homosexual people?
There is a clear difference between liking someone to have sex and to have just sex for the time being.
You dont just go to a girl who you have never seen before and tell that you can **** her real good.Do You?
So the people who we term as homosexuals here are potential rapists/abusers.So without clearing off that image they wont be getting enough support.Maybe they would need to find more civilized ways for finding a partner.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Although I welcome the move ,I have some things to say.The problem with homosexuals is that a lot of them rely upon non consensual/forced means to attain sex.
You may say that sex is not the only thing they're after ,but let me ask you this
How many of you had a bad experience with a homosexual in a bus/train/public places etc where they might touch you sensually,fondle,pass comments etc ?
Though the "ideal gay" might be around you without bothering you or anyone who is not interested,this is how we all get that impression.
I remember the day the law passed ,I was walking to the railway station,It was a bit dark and I found a guy ,must be around 20 years walking slowly.Somehow I felt something unusual.The moment I was about to pass him ,he took his cellphone and starts talking loudly like he was talking to the one who is over the phone about how good he can su** ****.He is like frantically mumbling erotic things just to get my attention.I ignored and walked away.
There is a clear difference between liking someone to have sex and to have just sex for the time being.
You dont just go to a girl who you have never seen before and tell that you can **** her real good.Do You?
So the people who we term as homosexuals here are potential rapists/abusers.So without clearing off that image they wont be getting enough support.Maybe they would need to find more civilized ways for finding a partner.

Let's consider that in your case you were a girl. Now realize the possibility that how many men will leer at you and possibly try to touch you indecently. The girl posts here after few incidents. What do we do now ? Should we consider all men as sexual predators lacking civilized ways ? Have we built an image here too ?

Few things that can relieve the sexual tensions and make the place safe is to not look at prostitution as something inherently bad to the society. This doesn't discount the instances where rape is committed as revenge or to show power. I see that gay people are more repressed because there is no way our society can accept that.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Let's consider that in your case you were a girl. Now realize the possibility that how many men will leer at you and possibly try to touch you indecently. The girl posts here after few incidents. What do we do now ? Should we consider all men as sexual predators lacking civilized ways ? Have we built an image here too ?

Few things that can relieve the sexual tensions and make the place safe is to not look at prostitution as something inherently bad to the society. This doesn't discount the instances where rape is committed as revenge or to show power. I see that gay people are more repressed because there is no way our society can accept that.
My point was that I could never find a homosexual person whom I could trust ..might not be the the case with others though.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

This is a behavioral problem, not a sexual orientation problem

Top Bottom