Same-sex marriages are now legal across the entirety of the United States

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not the Sherlock here to gather the evidence. Sex under pretext of marriage is still a crime. It's like I will give you an opportunity in hollywood, give me 5 lacs for now. Like that but worse. The scope of this discussion is beyond this thread. Thread was about legality and we are going off on a tangent here.

What I do say is that choose your partner wisely. And don't think with your libido, use your brain.

More like a breach of contract (if we give validity to oral contracts at first place) or deceit or cheating rather than rape.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Some day we will definitely prove pedophilia and bestiality are also traits one is born with; may be a decade or century later, only a matter of time.

Also rape will be just a natural hormonal surge beyond anyone's control.

Will be funny to know how a married bisexual person can keep his/her marriage and in-born trait both intact together when most of the countries allow only monogamy/monoandry.
But children and animals are not capable of giving consent like adults can.

That's why pedophilia and bestiality will be illegal forever.

snap

Lurker
Two consenting people who can legally drink,drive,vote,enlist in military but can't marry the person they love??

I would like to hear why people think its ok that marriage is illegal between two consenting parties.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
But children and animals are not capable of giving consent like adults can.

That's why pedophilia and bestiality will be illegal forever.

Guess some sparks have flown in the last few posts over this consent part. ;) Regarding the the laws, have a look:-

Wikiwand

Wikiwand

Looks like we are moving in the exact opposite direction of LGBT laws. :p

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I would like to hear why people think its ok that marriage is illegal between two consenting parties.

Really what is a marriage? Permission from society to have sex? Can 3 or more people marry?
[MENTION=1270]Skud[/MENTION], Didn't you post some Times of India article that listed what section 377 was actually used for
the listed cases included pedophilia and bestiality, but no necro

What does Section 377 of IPC criminalize? - The Times of India

anyway, kicking section 377 won't really change mindset
it is important for couples - irrespective of gender, to have co-habitation rights the same as heterosexual cisgender married couples. Right to take out insurance policies, bear or adopt children, and rights for the children and each other to inherit property. These measures will help every one.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Guess some sparks have flown in the last few posts over this consent part. ;) And as you have said "homosexuality is a trait one is born with", similar is the story of pedophiles, persons with high libido and all others. Its all in our genes. If you keep them illegal, you are again denying natural justice and equal rights in the same way as LGBT. Regarding the the laws, have a look:-

You can rationalize my right to murder someone too with that. If second party is at harm then it's a crime. How hard is it to see ?

- - - Updated - - -

Really what is a marriage? Permission from society to have sex? Can 3 or more people marry?

Nothing wrong with 3 or more people marrying if there is no issue among them. Or nothing wrong not marrying anyone too.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Some day we will definitely prove pedophilia and bestiality are also traits one is born with; may be a decade or century later, only a matter of time. :lol:

Also rape will be just a natural hormonal surge beyond anyone's control.

Will be funny to know how a married bisexual person can keep his/her marriage and in-born trait both intact together when most of the countries allow only monogamy/monoandry.

Meh, I have seen this argument a lot. How can you compare pedophilia and bestiality to homosexuality? Why do you have to be so homophobic ? Why do you care what people do in the privacy of their bedroom with each others consent?. The hate in this post is too much. I don't think any forum should tolerate homophobia.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
No it is not hate.
It is not supernatural. So it is natural.

think social structure is important here, and it is not just genes. In mammals there are various reasons for homosexual behavior, from forming bonds or grooming to sneaky access to the alpha male's harems

icebags

Technomancer
the most immediate impact is indian guys marrying us men for green card.

+1, and it doesn't come with extra consequences. get married on paper, live a bachelors life, like u do in a bachelors hostel, then divorce after 6 years and marry ur dream girl. sounds like a plan. :clap2:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can rationalize my right to murder someone too with that. If second party is at harm then it's a crime. How hard is it to see ?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing wrong with 3 or more people marrying if there is no issue among them. Or nothing wrong not marrying anyone too.

Care to explain how dumping a girl after having sex is harm/rape, whereas dumping a boy after having sex is not?

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, I have seen this argument a lot. How can you compare pedophilia and bestiality to homosexuality? Why do you have to be so homophobic ? Why do you care what people do in the privacy of their bedroom with each others consent?. The hate in this post is too much. I don't think any forum should tolerate homophobia.

You took a consent letter every time you go to bed? Good for you. For that matter, I don't care what people do in their bedrooms with children, dogs, cats or goldfish too. Looks like you care. And for your kind information, bestiality is perfectly legal (or at least not implicitly illegal) in many countries including many states of US. Denmark used to have animal brothels. Not sure if those things still exist. What makes you that? A bestophobe perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

No it is not hate.
It is not supernatural. So it is natural.

think social structure is important here, and it is not just genes. In mammals there are various reasons for homosexual behavior, from forming bonds or grooming to sneaky access to the alpha male's harems

Not everything natural is permissible in human society, like it or not. Regarding the genes, scientists have more or less concluded that there is no single gene in our genome responsible for controlling our sexuality. But that is given, otherwise by natural selection that gene would have been extinct by now, sparing us many a hazard. :p

The most recent line of thought is that the trait is more or less controlled by factors other than DNA or the epigenome which has helped preserve the homosexuality despite it not being "fittest for survival". Some models have been proposed about how the gene is being regulated and passed on through generations, mainly through the control of testosterone levels of the mother. Problem with this line of thought if proved right? A number of external factors can control the behaviour of the epigenome eg food, pollution, drugs, chemicals, stress, social interactions etc. Looks like Ramdev Baba should sponsor this research. :lol:

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Care to explain how dumping a girl after having sex is harm/rape, whereas dumping a boy after having sex is not?

- - - Updated - - -

You took a consent letter every time you go to bed? Good for you. For that matter, I don't care what people do in their bedrooms with children, dogs, cats or goldfish too. Looks like you care. And for your kind information, bestiality is perfectly legal (or at least not implicitly illegal) in many countries including many states of US. Denmark used to have animal brothels. Not sure if those things still exist. What makes you that? A bestophobe perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everything natural is permissible in human society, like it or not. Regarding the genes, scientists have more or less concluded that there is no single gene in our genome responsible for controlling our sexuality. But that is given, otherwise by natural selection that gene would have been extinct by now, sparing us many a hazard.

The most recent line of thought is that the trait is more or less controlled by factors other than DNA or the epigenome which has helped preserve the homosexuality despite it not being "fittest for survival". Some models have been proposed about how the gene is being regulated and passed on through generations, mainly through the control of testosterone levels of the mother. Problem with this line of thought if proved right? A number of external factors can control the behaviour of the epigenome eg food, pollution, drugs, chemicals, stress, social interactions etc. Looks like Ramdev Baba should sponsor this research.
So you don't care if a child is raped? His nice of you?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Which section of IPC applies? And similar laws elsewhere in the world? Not aware of one.

I am not a law student. Stating my personal opinion. I know that laws in India and even outside are skewed in favor of ladies.

But this legalization of same sex marriage in US will likely help in normalizing that. A short step but towards the better.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you don't care if a child is raped? His nice of you?

Rape, no, consensual sex, behind closed doors, in the bedroom. And we have already agreed not to be bothered about what's going behind closed doors.

And if you don't know the basics, legal age of a person who can give consent to sex varies in countries. Your definition of child might very well mean adult in some other country.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not a law student. Stating my personal opinion. I know that laws in India and even outside are skewed in favor of ladies.

But this legalization of same sex marriage in US will likely help in normalizing that. A short step but towards the better.

Exactly how?

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Rape, no, consensual sex, behind closed doors, in the bedroom. And we have already agreed not to be bothered about what's going behind closed doors.

And if you don't know the basics, legal age of a person who can give consent to sex varies in countries. Your definition of child might very well mean adult in some other country.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly how?
Yes I am aware of the different age limits but in any case if a 14 year old had sex with a 25 year old it's considered as rape even if the sex is consensual. The partners has to be of a similar age.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes I am aware of the different age limits but in any case if a 14 year old had sex with a 25 year old it's considered as rape even if the sex is consensual. The partners has to be of a similar age.

:rofl: That's something you have just invented, congrats!!!

Top Bottom