Sakshi Tanwar to star in Game of thrones India

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
OMG. Which show is that?

Don't know. Left the room when the characters went full retard.

Also, its possible to make better shows with better stories. There are so many TV shows, not only from the US, but also from Germany and France that have great stories. Looks at BBC shows, for example.

However, the producers here are just use the same formula which results in cheap zero budget productions with simplistic and cliched story lines.

Doctor Who (from BBC) is a great show. Korean TV and Movie industry has plethora of titles worth watching. Sadly, masses don't have access to international channels which air such TV shows or good internet and hence keep watching whatever crap they know of.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
if a show is very good in content/story, it shouldn't need sex and violence to sell itself. there's no originality in that as well.

that is true but can you imagine the red wedding without any violence at all ? Violence is one of the major aspects that define the good story in GoT .. Think about the body melting scene in breaking bad, literally every scene in Walking dead where brains fly off every now and then..
A lot of aspects in these shows are too risky for indian producers to comprehend, which explains the rehashed "safe" bullcrap every year

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You don't need nudity or violence to create good shows, at least not out of context.

If you guys remember there used to be a show called Oshin, which was a Japanese drama set in the old Meiji period which used to be broadcast here. It was pretty simplistic but great.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Apart from the lack of originality, producers here are afraid of taking risks.. they cant have a show with heavy nudity or violence like Game Of Thrones, it will backfire because Film and cinema certification board is filled with 60 year old dadajis ..

The board is full of hypocrites who'll allow anything to air which keeps their pockets are filled with money but will not allow good things which teach something. Remember the treatment PK and OMG got?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You don't need nudity or violence to create good shows, at least not out of context.

If you guys remember there used to be a show called Oshin, which was a Japanese drama set in the old Meiji period which used to be broadcast here. It was pretty simplistic but great.

you dont, but you need to take risks for good shows.. that is what i meant ... No one watches a show for sex or violence alone

Heck, a sitcom like "How I met your mother" would be deemed too offensive by indian standards because of Barney .. People will start saying Barney is responsible for all the rape cases in india :lol:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker

:agreed:

that was what i had meant, not to rely on those alone to sell something.

- - - Updated - - -

The board is full of hypocrites who'll allow anything to air which keeps their pockets are filled with money but will not allow good things which teach something. Remember the treatment PK and OMG got?

atleast pk didn't suffer any impediment from the CB; OMG was also cleared after some initial hiccups.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
you dont, but you need to take risks for good shows.. that is what i meant ... No one watches a show for sex or violence alone

Heck, a sitcom like "How I met your mother" would be deemed too offensive by indian standards because of Barney .. People will start saying Barney is responsible for all the rape cases in india :lol:

Yes. Still waiting for someone to break the mould and create something truly unique for Indian television. In the meantime, Better Call Saul will have to do. :p

Yuddh came close, if any of you have watched that series. However, I felt that the story was being deliberately complex though the concept seems pretty unique and Amitabh Bachchan's character was pretty intense. Haven't seen it in sometime though.

- - - Updated - - -

atleast pk didn't suffer any impediment from the CB; OMG was also cleared after some initial hiccups.

The censor board should allow uncensored version of movies to be sold on DVD.

spxx

Broken In
this is so not going to happen HBO and George R. R. Martin will sue them into bankruptcy, if it any ways resembles GoT , they can get away only by changing the plot totally in that case it won't be GoT , btw this reminds of this south Indian movie *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velayudham

where the main guy was dressed like Altair , i remember there was a thread on ubisoft forums and one of the mods closed saying the matter is being taken care of by their legal department dunno if they made paid huge bucks to ubisoft but it was never made public .

Nerevarine

Incarnate
this is so not going to happen HBO and George R. R. Martin will sue them into bankruptcy, if it any ways resembles GoT , they can get away only by changing the plot totally in that case it won't be GoT , btw this reminds of this south Indian movie *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velayudham

where the main guy was dressed like Altair , i remember there was a thread on ubisoft forums and one of the mods closed saying the matter is being taken care of by their legal department dunno if they made paid huge bucks to ubisoft but it was never made public .

*cringing intensifies*

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
sure the producers, writers, actors, cameramen and everyone involved in the Indian TV industry are very talented
it's the audience that cannot understand, just see the amount of explanation and exposition that happens. Shows the mentality of the audience, even if the shows know better (example is CID or say Supercops vs Supervillains: Most Wanted)
can easily imagine scenarios where shows get canned in the pilot stage itself after the test audiences are not receptive
despite that, within the constraints and the formulas, there is some good work being done (check out Love by Chance on Bindass)
and come on, we just watch the most popular of these western shows and these have their own set of stupid tropes.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

have you seen it? I saw my cousin watching it and :facepalm:
im like-"when i was your age I watched original better stuff-Zack and Cody" :D :p
my cousin-"whats zack and cody" :facepalm:
dont tell me same stuff will happen with GoT,people in India dont know it mostly as it is
:rofl:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It will be indianized version like Mr. Spidermoon
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/Spider-Man_India.jpg

Flash

Lost in speed
It will be indianized version like Mr. Spidermoon
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/Spider-Man_India.jpg

:rofl:
good one!! (y) :D

It's not a copycat version of some Indian comic artist. He's a real character in marvel's spider-verse - hailed from India, and belonged to Earth-50101. And his name is Pavitr Prabhakar.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It's not a copycat version of some Indian comic artist. He's a real character in marvel's spider-verse - hailed from India, and belonged to Earth-50101. And his name is Pavitr Prabhakar.

I know that. Still Indian version of Spiderman.

Top Bottom