Sakshi Tanwar to star in Game of thrones India

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
It's not a copycat version of some Indian comic artist. He's a real character in marvel's spider-verse - hailed from India, and belonged to Earth-50101. And his name is Pavitr Prabhakar.

omg :shock:
are you serious?!!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
oh wait this is fun, we should do this

Tirth Luthra
Kaveri Luthra
Jyan Swami
Preet Bhel
Mehr Tailor
I donno, Dhanalaxmi Talwar maybe

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Kutta Da and Phad Da
^^The Hound and The Mountain :D :p :rofl:

sheershi - Cersei
Arya-Arya :p
Jaffarey- Joffrey :D

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
This is literally the worst idea ever. Kill it, Kill it with fire. Kill it before it even has a chance to rear its ugly head. Cut one head and two shall take its place.
HAIL HYDRA!!!!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
nuke it from orbit

but seriously, they should just make a tv series called 1857, it has some bloody incidents
would be fascinating to follow the stories of Tatya Tope, Rani of Jhansi, Nana Sahib and General Wheeler
and show incidents like the Bibigar Massacre at Kanpur (then called Cawnpore) which are omitted from our history textbooks

Flash

Lost in speed
According to reports, Sakshi will essay the role of Daenerys Targaryen in the Indian version of the show, which is titled "Rani Mahal".
"Rani Mahal" will be a period drama and it will feature Sakshi as Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, "Yeh Hai Mohabbatein" actress Anita Hassanandani as Cersei Lannister, while "Kaisi Yeh Yaariaa" actor Parth Samthaan will play the famous Jon Snow, ******* son of Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell, according to Indian Express.

'Game of Thrones' Indian Version: Sakshi Tanwar as Daenerys Targaryen and Parth as Jon Snow in 'Rani Mahal'? Twitterati Reacts

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
It will be indianized version like Mr. Spidermoon
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/Spider-Man_India.jpg

it was a good attempt and official too :|

- - - Updated - - -

I think they can pull this off (not a popular opinion) if they dont completely rip off GoT. Its based on Rani Mahal, a real place in Jhansi and in 19th century (?). If they keep that saas bahu sh!t out of this, it may be good.

PS - I dont like GoT so it doesnt matter to me anyway :p

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^finally, someone
even I don't like GoT, but 1857 and Jhansi in India don't even need GoT to be copied to be compelling
But Rani of Jhansi with Dragons seems to be cool alt history

$hadow

Geek in making
According to reports, Sakshi will essay the role of Daenerys Targaryen in the Indian version of the show, which is titled "Rani Mahal".
"Rani Mahal" will be a period drama and it will feature Sakshi as Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, "Yeh Hai Mohabbatein" actress Anita Hassanandani as Cersei Lannister, while "Kaisi Yeh Yaariaa" actor Parth Samthaan will play the famous Jon Snow, ******* son of Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell, according to Indian Express.

'Game of Thrones' Indian Version: Sakshi Tanwar as Daenerys Targaryen and Parth as Jon Snow in 'Rani Mahal'? Twitterati Reacts

The orignal fans of the show will be going to have a hard time watching this :-D

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^finally, someone
even I don't like GoT, but 1857 and Jhansi in India don't even need GoT to be copied to be compelling
But Rani of Jhansi with Dragons seems to be cool alt history
The thing is, Dragons are, and always will be a part of either European culture or East asian culture.. India has had NO mention of dragons in it's past.. It would seem extremely out of place when suddenly an Indian princess tames dragons right after everyone watched how Daenerys do it..
IMO, if they were to make an original and successful TV Series about 1857 Jhansi, they should focus on the war and atrocities,the way people had to suffer there.. perhaps with good script writing (Good script writing includes things like memorable quotes like "the meaning of power" by Varys and "I am the one who knocks".. ) , interesting characters and unpredictable betrayals between characters.. Its always possible to make good content without copying something.. if only they invested enough time and energy that is ..
But DRAGONS ? wtf
Also, one more area where Indian TV shows can improve is SOUNDTRACK.. We've all heard of the signature GoT music, the signature Arrow and Breaking bad tracks.. Soundtracks are something really important and always ignored...
If you include ORIGINALITY + GOOD SCRIPT + INTERESTING CHARACTERS + GOOD SOUNDTRACK, I cant think of a single reason why anything like that could fail

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^exactly
That period of time, there was war and atrocities by both sides. We have mostly heard only one side of it in our history textbooks, would be amazing if the series could strike a fair balance.
the time period in which the series is based, and the title suggests that these historical events will be a part of the show. I hope they explore it with a little more depth than English Evil India Good.
I donno, but do Dragons really play a big role in GoT? my understanding was that that and magic don't really take center stage

Top Bottom