Sakshi Tanwar to star in Game of thrones India

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Television actress Sakshi Tanwar, who rose to fame with Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki’ , is all set to star in a new period drama, titled ‘Rani Mahal’.
And from what we hear, the show, which will aired on Sony Entertainment Television, is inspired from popular American fantasy drama series, ‘Game of Thrones’.
Sakshi Tanwar, who is currently seen hosting ‘Code Red’, will apparently play Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons. ‘Yeh Mohabbatein’ actress Anita Hassanandani will is also be a part of the show, playing the role of Cersei Lannister.
Parth Samthaan from MTV’s ‘Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan’, will play Jon Snow.

TV actress Sakshi Tanwar to star in Indian adaptation of ‘Game of Thrones’ | The Indian Express

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
GGWP

But on the other hand, let them try. Who knows if they could pull this off well.

Flash

Lost in speed
Jeffrey Archer already slammed bollywood as "a bunch of thieves" stealing the story arc from his novels, and now this..

Game of Clones/Clowns would be apt.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Bollywood = Coppywood

On topic: At First, I thought Sakshi Tanwar was some new chick. Nope. Second, I presumed that she (the imaginary chick) would be cast in GoT. Again nope. No matter what, but 'Game of Clones' is the joke of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Will they be showing the bold scenes as well??

Not gonna happen here, at least in the next couple of centuries, but you might as well know about some 'Game of Bones'. Parody on the show. (dunno if it's out yet)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Not gonna happen here, at least in the next couple of centuries, but you might as well know about some 'Game of Bones'. Parody on the show. (dunno if it's out yet)

I heard about "This ain't Game of thrones", one of the "This ain't..." series. You might not want to search for this while at work.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
They will turn game of thrones into saas bahu battle.. i have always hated bollywood but this is just too hilarious lol... Im not trying to be anti-Indian, but Indian content creation is a joke, Indian cartoons suck, Indian mobile game apps suck ass, Indian cinema is a joke (Some exceptions apply), TV shows are just a rehash of old ideas.. Literally every single daily tv show is a garbage saas bahu show that is meant for 50-60 year olds..
Im not saying that every single content creator in India makes garbage, but the fact remains that the vast majourity of high profile entertainment stuff produced in recent years have a major lack of originality
PS: Anyone remember Tenali Raman ? It's probably the only cartoon produced in India that I liked..

I heard about "This ain't Game of thrones", one of the "This ain't..." series. You might not want to search for this while at work.

This aint game of thrones...(if you know what I mean)

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
They will turn game of thrones into saas bahu battle.. i have always hated bollywood but this is just too hilarious lol... Im not trying to be anti-Indian, but Indian content creation is a joke, Indian cartoons suck, Indian mobile game apps suck ass, Indian cinema is a joke (Some exceptions apply), TV shows are just a rehash of old ideas.. Literally every single daily tv show is a garbage saas bahu show that is meant for 50-60 year olds..
Im not saying that every single content creator in India makes garbage, but the fact remains that the vast majourity of high profile entertainment stuff produced in recent years have a major lack of originality
PS: Anyone remember Tenali Raman ? It's probably the only cartoon produced in India that I liked..

I know, I have seen it. Its a s*** movie.

I think Indian producers should try to create something that appeals to an international audience. This way they will be forced to keep higher standards and subsequently find appeal at home too. Kinda like anime from Japan.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

I like Sarabhai vs Sarabhai and other old sab tv classic comedy shows. I used to wait for Tenali Raman on sunday mornings.

I know, I have seen it. Its a s*** movie.

I think Indian producers should try to create something that appeals to an international audience. This way they will be forced to keep higher standards and subsequently find appeal at home too. Kinda like anime from Japan.

Indian TV shows appealing to international audiences? :lol:
Even if current shows were dubbed in English, the foreigners will know that its utter BS and not worth wasting time on.

Don't even compare anime with current Indian TV shows. Crappiest anime of all time (naruto and naruto shitpuddle) are way better than them.

TV Shows in India: Family goes to bangkok and starts doing rituals on the beach :facepalm: height of ch***yapa :banghead:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
TV Shows in India: Family goes to bangkok and starts doing rituals on the beach :facepalm: height of ch***yapa :banghead:

OMG. Which show is that?

Also, its possible to make better shows with better stories. There are so many TV shows, not only from the US, but also from Germany and France that have great stories. Looks at BBC shows, for example.

However, the producers here are just use the same formula which results in cheap zero budget productions with simplistic and cliched story lines.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
on the contrary, the much-despised daily soaps of ours are loved in places like S. America and may be some others too (i think we should 'export' all those dreary shows and be done with them!), and have kind of their remakes too on them. a similar fan-following for some of our films too exists, for instance, in Japan.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Apart from the lack of originality, producers here are afraid of taking risks.. they cant have a show with heavy nudity or violence like Game Of Thrones, it will backfire because Film and cinema certification board is filled with 60 year old dadajis ..

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
if a show is very good in content/story, it shouldn't need sex and violence to sell itself. there's no originality in that as well.

Top Bottom