Safe to buy DSLR from Paytm ?

CRACING

Journeyman
[MENTION=322858]CRACING[/MENTION] ..I bought 17-50 2.8 to replace my 18-55 ...and initially thought the same that I would take advantage of big aperture in low light.. but to tell you the truth 17-50 cant be compared to a 35mm prime ....they are wayyy different.

17-50 2.8 is a versatile lens...you can take it to party and take group pics as well as portraits ..but what 35mm prime can produce is much better
35mm will be sharp even at f2 or f2.8 and its low light performance is unbeatable..
17-50 is a compromise ..at f2.8 its not sharp enough for portraits ...but yes it can take nice wide landscapes...and bigg group photos with 10 people standing side by side :D which 35mm cant

18-55 is a very simple lens and its just good for a start ...but remember 18-55 have VR so you can shoot even at 1/15 shutter speed without issue...17-50 dont have VR and you have to keep the shutter speed to at least 1/30 all the time to hand hold.

Now its upto you...what you want.

I had doubt about sharpness of Tammy 17-50mm but now I'm clear about it. Thanks for the details. I will keep the kit lens for more time (or permanently because its hard to sell) and later when I require big aperture in standard zoom lens then I will look for 17-50mm VC or OS.

Seller in Ebay has reduced the lens price to 10.3k now. I sent him message asking for box, bill and warranty if any but didn't receive reply so far.

Anyway, I have decided to get 35mm and bought one from camarena.in for Rs. 9990 today evening. Actual price was 10,990 but after phonic conversations, the manager agreed to give 10% discount specially for me. :D

Not really a best offer I could get but the seller is trusted and authorized dealer of Nikon. I will get invoice directly from seller (unlike website generated invoice from Amazon, Paytm, Flipkart) so I don't need to worry about warranty issues.

Seller will ship the lens tomorrow and will update here once I receive the lens.

Thanks...
Best Regards

sujoyp

Grand Master
congrats ...that price is good :)
enjoy with 18-55 and 35mm for some time...even if you have money in pocket, just keep it :D gradually get a simple flash with moving head ..will not cost more that 5k for yougnuo

CRACING

Journeyman
congrats ...that price is good :)
enjoy with 18-55 and 35mm for some time...even if you have money in pocket, just keep it :D gradually get a simple flash with moving head ..will not cost more that 5k for yougnuo

Thanks.

I have spent upto 50k in 6 months (Camera, Lenses, Tripod and Accessories) to buy all the essential things required for me so I will focus more on photography now.

My relatives and neighbors are asking me whether I'm starting a photo studio and I'm fed up of telling them its for my personal use only. So far no body requested me to visit their party or weddings for photography but I'm sure someone will ask me soon. :-|

As of flash, I have already bought one from a member in jjmehta for 1k. Its a manual flash (Model TT520) but serves well for my needs.

Best Regards

sujoyp

Grand Master
Lol tell them that you are going to take nice pics of there dogs and show them the results..gradually the girls will ask you to take some shots for whatsapp and fb..then there bro and other guys will bully you to take some pics on there jeep and car or bike for there FB ...and then finally you will be famous :D

sorry for my imaginations ;)

kool

Cyborg Agent
Guys,

I couldn't wait more... I was wasting my time from 1.5 month by checking snapdeal/amazon/paytm site daily for lowest price deal.

Finally I ordered Nikon D5200 with 18-55kit lens+8GB card+bag from PAYTM for Rs.25,500 after cashback :) seller: CAMCAT. I hope i will get genuine product and proper invoice.

Amazon and Snapdeal price are not decreasing from 27k. Guys, Is there remote shutter available for this camera for taking selfie ? :D

What should i check in camera after receiving ?

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk

[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] [MENTION=322858]CRACING[/MENTION]

kool

Cyborg Agent
And guys, how to make custom signature logo/watermark for adding on clicked images ?

check this image, where "santabanta" logo is there at the corner. How can I make such attractive logo ?

*media.santabanta.com/gal/event/Stars-Spotted-2016/stars-spotted-2016-1305.jpg

raja manuel

In the zone
Create the watermark as a separate image, then place on image as an additional layer and flatten image. Since the watermark image file will be a quadrilateral you may need to either create it with transparency or erase background once on the layer with alpha channel enabled to get the transparent effect.

CRACING

Journeyman
Guys,

I couldn't wait more... I was wasting my time from 1.5 month by checking snapdeal/amazon/paytm site daily for lowest price deal.

Finally I ordered Nikon D5200 with 18-55kit lens+8GB card+bag from PAYTM for Rs.25,500 after cashback :) seller: CAMCAT. I hope i will get genuine product and proper invoice.

Amazon and Snapdeal price are not decreasing from 27k.

Yes, waiting long time for a product loses interest on that. Anyway, its good to hear that you bought it finally and let us know once you get hands on it.

Guys, Is there remote shutter available for this camera for taking selfie ? :D

AFAIK, there are three options. One is IR remote control (You can get cheap wireless remote or few bucks more for original Nikon remote), second is wired remote control which is little costly compared to wireless. Third option is, some smart phones have builtin IR and you can use remote apps to send IR signals. i.e I have HTC One M7 and I use Smart IR remote app.

I advice you to download the camera manual and go through it, so you get familiar with its features and functions and easily operate the camera when you get it. :)

CRACING

Journeyman
wired remote is the cheapest...just 300-400rs...wireless are costly..IR and radio signals

I haven't bought one but I see that unbranded wireless remote cost 150 and 250 for Nikon OEM, in ebay India.

ML L3, Wireless remote for Nikon, Ebay India

Wired remote cost 200+ for unbranded but there are different type connectors. [strike]Need to check manual to know which one is for our camera. [/strike]

Edit: As per Nikon website, MC-DC2 supports D90, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D7000, D7100, D7200, D600, D610, D750, DF as well as COOLPIX P7800, COOLPIX P7700, A.

MC-DC2, Wired remote for Nikon, Ebay India

I have bought many camera accessories from poojafotodeal12 and he/she is trusted seller.

Last edited:

kool

Cyborg Agent
I haven't bought one but I see that unbranded wireless remote cost 150 and 250 for Nikon OEM, in ebay India.

ML L3, Wireless remote for Nikon, Ebay India

Wired remote cost 200+ for unbranded but there are different type connectors. [strike]Need to check manual to know which one is for our camera. [/strike]

Edit: As per Nikon website, MC-DC2 supports D90, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D7000, D7100, D7200, D600, D610, D750, DF as well as COOLPIX P7800, COOLPIX P7700, A.

MC-DC2, Wired remote for Nikon, Ebay India

I have bought many camera accessories from poojafotodeal12 and he/she is trusted seller.

can u tell us about ur all accessories that u have bought. :)

On amazon , its for Rs.350 and reviews are good. Buy Generic Nikon Ml-L3 Ir Wireless Camera Remote For Nikon Dslr Camera D5000 D5100 D5200 D7000 D7100 D3000 D3200 D90 D600 D610 - Camera Accessory Online at Low Price in India | Nikon Camera Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.i

Yes, waiting long time for a product loses interest on that. Anyway, its good to hear that you bought it finally and let us know once you get hands on it.

AFAIK, there are three options. One is IR remote control (You can get cheap wireless remote or few bucks more for original Nikon remote), second is wired remote control which is little costly compared to wireless. Third option is, some smart phones have builtin IR and you can use remote apps to send IR signals. i.e I have HTC One M7 and I use Smart IR remote app.

I advice you to download the camera manual and go through it, so you get familiar with its features and functions and easily operate the camera when you get it. :)
thats sounds cool :)

I think latest Xiaomi RedMi note3 also supports IR feature, i have to buy new cellphone next month, gonna keep this in mind (i.e IR feature)

- - - Updated - - -

Create the watermark as a separate image, then place on image as an additional layer and flatten image. Since the watermark image file will be a quadrilateral you may need to either create it with transparency or erase background once on the layer with alpha channel enabled to get the transparent effect.

which app or software can help me to make such logos/watermark ??

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Is there remote shutter available for this camera for taking selfie ? :D
You don't need a remote shutter to take selfie, you can use self timer.
Open the box in front of the courier guy and make sure you got the camera and in good condition.
If you're okay with that "santa banta" kind, you just use mspaint and paste your watermark. If you want little more sophisticated software, get gimp.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have both wired trigger as well radio triggers....wired I bought maybe for 200-300 rs from ebay and yougnou RF trigger bought for 1800

yaah I too bought from poojafotodeal some times

- - - Updated - - -

yaah you can use selftimer for selfy :) I forgot that point .

And if making a watermark see that how much area santabanta watermark/logo have covered...just take that much...bigger logo is a complete no no...and watermark cross pic is absolutely nonsense unless you intend to sell the pic

CRACING

Journeyman
can u tell us about ur all accessories that u have bought. :)

Let me list those that I remember.

Poojafotodeal12 (Ebay India):
Marumi UV filter 52mm - This filter has no coating so it causes light flare. Cost 500
Rocket blower
and etc that are not related to camera.

Photovatika (Amazon):
Marumi MC UV filter 52mm - This filter has multi coating so it causes less light flare. Cost 850
JJC EN-3 Eyecup - I like this more then normal eyecup. It also prevents face touching the display so no oily smudges. Cost 350

Great_ziddan2008 (Ebay India):
Hakuba Close-Up Filter 52mm - Used but in new condition. Cost 600

Shayan CorporationTM (Amazon):
Silica Gel 25gm x 10pcs

CamStore07 (Amazon):
Yashica YCK1 Multipurpose Cleaning Kit - I bought this for filters and for lenses I use blower only.

Photo Galaxy (Paytm):
Vanguard Espod CX 203AP Tripod - Cost 3400 (Excluding cashback)

Aliexpress & Ebay.com:
HB-69 Lens Hood
HB-37 Lens Hood
Lens Caps with Nikon logo
Tempered Glass For D3200
DK-20 Eyecup
Hotshoe Spirit Level
and many more but not related to camera.

sujoyp

Grand Master
nice list of small accessories... after looking at your list it stuck me that I never made a list of things I bought for photography :p

raja manuel

In the zone
If you want to make a logo it should ideally be in vector format for scalability. I use Inkscape to create, then convert to PNG with transparent background for including as a layer in GIMP. If you want to create bitmap/raster format logo you will need a drawing/painting software like Krita depending on how sophisticated your logo design is. You can use the GMIC plugin with GIMP to create secret Fourier watermarks as well if you are so inclined.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Let me list those that I remember.

Poojafotodeal12 (Ebay India):
Marumi UV filter 52mm - This filter has no coating so it causes light flare. Cost 500
Rocket blower
and etc that are not related to camera.

Photovatika (Amazon):
Marumi MC UV filter 52mm - This filter has multi coating so it causes less light flare. Cost 850
JJC EN-3 Eyecup - I like this more then normal eyecup. It also prevents face touching the display so no oily smudges. Cost 350

Great_ziddan2008 (Ebay India):
Hakuba Close-Up Filter 52mm - Used but in new condition. Cost 600

Shayan CorporationTM (Amazon):
Silica Gel 25gm x 10pcs

CamStore07 (Amazon):
Yashica YCK1 Multipurpose Cleaning Kit - I bought this for filters and for lenses I use blower only.

Photo Galaxy (Paytm):
Vanguard Espod CX 203AP Tripod - Cost 3400 (Excluding cashback)

Aliexpress & Ebay.com:
HB-69 Lens Hood
HB-37 Lens Hood
Lens Caps with Nikon logo
Tempered Glass For D3200
DK-20 Eyecup
Hotshoe Spirit Level
and many more but not related to camera.
Wow !! Nice collection of accessories need ur suggestion regarding strap. I m not liking its neck strap, its not so cool. I am thinking to buy hand straps. But most of straps on amazon are low quality of neoprene material. Should I buy that ?

And what is the use these accessories: eyecap, filters ?

I am new to D5200, so from where I can get best online tutorial ? There are tons of videos on youtube but most of those r confusing.

CRACING

Journeyman
So you got the camera? Congrats bro. :cool_NF:

Need ur suggestion regarding strap. I m not liking its neck strap, its not so cool. I am thinking to buy hand straps. But most of straps on amazon are low quality of neoprene material. Should I buy that ?

I'm ok with the strap provided so didn't thought to buy another or different one. However, I don't recommend unbranded or Chinese straps because its not worth taking risk.

May be other members will suggest you a good one. Please hang on.

And what is the use these accessories: eyecap, filters ?

Eyecup is made of plastic and soft rubber material. It fits in front of eyepiece aka viewfinder and helps keep out extraneous light and makes it more comfortable when holding the viewfinder against the face.

The one comes with camera is the standard size but you can also get bigger one which is available from 3rd party brands or china. Bigger eyecup gives better support to eye and reduces extraneous light. Check this video here.

In standard eyecup, there are different designs made specifically for each camera models. i.e DK-19, DK-20, DK-21, DK-23 DK-24 & etc for Nikon cameras. However, the suitable one is provided with your camera so you don't need to buy one. Check eyecup or manual to know which model does your camera support. I guess it might be DK-20

Bigger eyecups also come with different sizes and designs. JJC brand have good quality eyecups unlike cheap rubber eyecups found in China market (Aliexpress). JJC EN-3 eyecup should fit D5200 but do confirm from seller. I got the same from Photovatika for 350 on ebay India. Now he has removed the listing but you can ask him to relist. The same is available from different sellers but for more price tag.

As of filters, its a big topic so you have to research on different photography websites. For now, just get a UV filter to protect the front element of the lens. With multicoating (MC) if you are concerned about light flare. Also note, there are lots of fake filters, especially from Hoya. I recommend Marumi UV filter from Poojafotodeal12 at ebay or Marumi MC UV filter from Photovatika at Amazon. Size of filter should match the thread size of lens you have. Check front element bezel for filter size info. 52mm is for 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 35mm and etc.

I am new to D5200, so from where I can get best online tutorial ? There are tons of videos on youtube but most of those r confusing.

First I'ed advice you to read user manual thoroughly so you can understand every options. Then go through Youtube videos and understand how to take photos in different environments. You don't have to stick with D5200 videos but any dslr guides will help. Its all about aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Just like Clutch, Brake and Acc. in Cars/Bikes. You just need to understand to synchronization these three so you can get a perfect exposure or photo. You can also use priority modes for semi-manual settings. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
why dont you tie around the neck strap around wrist...it becomes wrist strap :) i do that mostly

kool

Cyborg Agent
So you got the camera? Congrats bro. :cool_NF:

I'm ok with the strap provided so didn't thought to buy another or different one. However, I don't recommend unbranded or Chinese straps because its not worth taking risk.

May be other members will suggest you a good one. Please hang on.

Eyecup is made of plastic and soft rubber material. It fits in front of eyepiece aka viewfinder and helps keep out extraneous light and makes it more comfortable when holding the viewfinder against the face.

The one comes with camera is the standard size but you can also get bigger one which is available from 3rd party brands or china. Bigger eyecup gives better support to eye and reduces extraneous light. Check this video here.

In standard eyecup, there are different designs made specifically for each camera models. i.e DK-19, DK-20, DK-21, DK-23 DK-24 & etc for Nikon cameras. However, the suitable one is provided with your camera so you don't need to buy one. Check eyecup or manual to know which model does your camera support. I guess it might be DK-20

Bigger eyecups also come with different sizes and designs. JJC brand have good quality eyecups unlike cheap rubber eyecups found in China market (Aliexpress). JJC EN-3 eyecup should fit D5200 but do confirm from seller. I got the same from Photovatika for 350 on ebay India. Now he has removed the listing but you can ask him to relist. The same is available from different sellers but for more price tag.

As of filters, its a big topic so you have to research on different photography websites. For now, just get a UV filter to protect the front element of the lens. With multicoating (MC) if you are concerned about light flare. Also note, there are lots of fake filters, especially from Hoya. I recommend Marumi UV filter from Poojafotodeal12 at ebay or Marumi MC UV filter from Photovatika at Amazon. Size of filter should match the thread size of lens you have. Check front element bezel for filter size info. 52mm is for 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 35mm and etc.

First I'ed advice you to read user manual thoroughly so you can understand every options. Then go through Youtube videos and understand how to take photos in different environments. You don't have to stick with D5200 videos but any dslr guides will help. Its all about aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Just like Clutch, Brake and Acc. in Cars/Bikes. You just need to understand to synchronization these three so you can get a perfect exposure or photo. You can also use priority modes for semi-manual settings. :)
Oh my god !!! U have amazing knowledge of dslr cameras. So much information in single post, thats amazing. I am adding this page to my bookmark bar. :D By the way how old are you sir ? And are you professional photographer ?

Top Bottom