Sad But True: Battlefield is Too Hardcore to Overthrow Call of Duty

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The title says it all. I guess i don't have much to comment on this. So better read it guys:

Source

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
CoD stagnated long time ago. Sorry to use the word, but Activision is whoring the shite out of the franchise. EA will soon follow the suit for Battlefield as EA are morons too.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
EA knows exactly what they are doing and even has the right formula to overthrow the mighty COD franchise. What they are doing is right cause they know that their product is capable of making serious money. If they find big success with BF3 mantra, then i guess there is no harm in pushing it in further iterations of the franchise.

Other publishers are finding a fu**ing hard time to catch up with these two heavyweights.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Its possible even in this year that EA can overthrow COD. Why simply because there is much more hype for BF3 than COD and thats something if not everything.

jayantr7

In the zone
COD made this much hype just because there was no title to compare with the COD franchise. Now EA has Battlefield! Let's see if BF3 can overthrow COD:MW3.

gameranand

Living to Play
COD made this much hype just because there was no title to compare with the COD franchise. Now EA has Battlefield! Let's see if BF3 can overthrow COD:MW3.
No you can't say that. It had competition they didn't performed as well as COD did. It had MOH series and Battlefield series as competitors its now when EA is serious about best FPS crown and are doing everything to get it.

Gtb93

In the zone
There's this big hype over all this.
But mark my words, I'm sure MW3 will perform better than BF3. Overall sales, I mean :p
Time and time, BF, was always spoken highly of, but never delivered. Ofcourse, a better engine, eye-jizzing graphics, but yet, COD somehow has the upper hand.
Especially with Makarov yet to die, and the amazing Multiplayer, that mw3 will have, I'm sure it will outshine BF

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
EA knows exactly what they are doing and even has the right formula to overthrow the mighty COD franchise. What they are doing is right cause they know that their product is capable of making serious money. If they find big success with BF3 mantra, then i guess there is no harm in pushing it in further iterations of the franchise.

Other developers are finding a fu**ing hard time to catch up with these two heavyweights.
publishers. :neutral:

Just don't forget Dragon Age II - average and rushed game. That's what happens when publisher (EA) puts so much pressure on the developer (BioWare). Result = you get an average game after a masterpiece.

Obviously if these rags (EA and Activision) will take-over every developer out there, others will find a hard time catching up.
Time and time, BF, was always spoken highly of, but never delivered. Ofcourse, a better engine, eye-jizzing graphics, but yet, COD somehow has the upper hand.
Hype + marketing employed by publishers. Nothing else and hooplah among retards. An average game like CoD:BO sells the most. Just tells you 99% of gheymerz don't have a perspective.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
It's at times like these that you wish you were just an indie development company , with no pressure from the publisher to release your games. Result? You get pure awesomeness.

gameranand

Living to Play
publishers. :neutral:

Just don't forget Dragon Age II - average and rushed game. That's what happens when publisher (EA) puts so much pressure on the developer (BioWare). Result = you get an average game after a masterpiece.

Obviously if these rags (EA and Activision) will take-over every developer out there, others will find a hard time catching up.

Hype + marketing employed by publishers. Nothing else and hooplah among retards. An average game like CoD:BO sells the most. Just tells you 99% of gheymerz don't have a perspective.
100% true ico. DAO was such a nice game and then came DA2 just after some months when Bioware stopped making DLC for DAO. And we are here with the result.

Similarly COD BO is a poorly optimized game ans worst in COD series but with biggest sales. I mean WTF ???

J

Joker

yup..i share gameranand and ICO's sentiments here. activision & ea are all about making money. they dont really care about you as a consumer.

*www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=EA

*www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=activision

also have a look at how EA destroyed nfs.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
publishers. :neutral::

Thanks for correcting. Post edited.:smile:

Apart from a few, sequels are always like that. After tasting success with a particular franchise, the publisher forces the developers to bring out a sequel in a limited time frame. So the end result like you said isn't good enough.

But this does not happen always. Eg - The mass effect series by the same developer i.e BIOWARE. Me2 was a lot improved Me1 and really build upon its predecessor. Was a huge hit and the upcoming Me3 is also building a lot of hype and i guess will again repeat the same success story.

Another developer NAUGHTYDOG did the same with its uncharted series. The first game was a hit and showed the world the real power of ps3.
But the 2nd game i.e uncharted 2 met critical acclaim winning unanimous multiple game of the year awards. .

Well COD-BO is not an average game by any means. The COD franchise is build as such that lets a player get involved in the game's many scripted dramatic events ( cut scenes) that are thrilling to watch for most gamers. Now you don't like COD and that's totally your personal opinion.

But i don't think that the million COD players who bought the game and enjoyed it are retards by any means. You see, now it even has broken some world records. Devs will always need the right recipe no matter how smart they are. Infinityward and treyarch seems to have acquired the same.

Battlefield 3 looks strong , features amazing graphics, physics and gameplay. Multiplayer looks promising too. Now if it packs a decent enough story, then it will be a worthy opponent to the cod franchise. Many big developers couldn't dethrone COD and i don't think they were smart enough and had the right recipe either.

J

Joker

Well COD-BO is not an average game by any means.
tl;dr.

Call of Duty: Black Ops for PC Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

see the user score..totally average. and dont comment if u havent played it. i have played it...it is average. so is crysis 2 except for the gfx. bo has neither. ;)

*arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/04/infinity-ward-staff-sues-activision-for-500-million.ars

infinity ward doesnt have their old devs any more. some lead devs were fired and some have left.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well COD-BO is not an average game by any means. The COD franchise is build as such that lets a player get involved in the game's many scripted dramatic events ( cut scenes) that are thrilling to watch for most gamers. Now you don't like COD and that's totally your personal opinion.

But i don't think that the million COD players who bought the game and enjoyed it are retards by any means. You see, now it even has broken some world records. Devs will always need the right recipe no matter how smart they are. Infinityward and treyarch seems to have acquired the same.
Haven't said that I dislike CoD (the fanchise). It's only that I like good games. Glitches, regressed graphics + multi-player and a console port is not what you buy for $60. (Black Ops - not an opinion, but a FACKT)

*i.imgur.com/k8F8Y.png

Top Bottom