Votes: 18 75.0%
  • S5 (SD 801)

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
That is not a Z1 C problem .. That is the problem of EVERY Sony Phone launched in and after 2012

The output Quality is fine but sony guys Cap the volume levels in all sony phones from Xperia tipo to Xperia Z2 . They do this because of some stupid LAW in Europe and don't bother to fix it for other consumers..

There are 2 famous methods which require root.. only 1 of them will work with the phone so head to Xda and see if it works on Z1 C

I completely rejected buying a Sony phone in 2012 only due to this 1 issue.. Plus 1 issue that i find most irritating is the Onscreen Buttons they just take too much of real estate and they don't hide automatically when say for example playing a game where Screen real estate is too much important atleast in smaller screens ..
ofcourse fixable after rooting and now there is an App for that as well
WOW! Seems like Sony hasn't learnt any lesson or still arrogant! When I was a long time user of SE the same problem was there, on every handset other then Xperia X1, and I've used 19 SE sets. The worst was the W and K series handsets especially. **** Europe and their law, this ain't Europe!

Anyway this mod should work fine.

About the on screen buttons I hate them, a great way to waste screen real estate. However thanks to root and the GMD app.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^K series were not worst, and even calling them average would be dishonest. They were much much better than the competition that time. Remember the legendary K750i ?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
WOW! Seems like Sony hasn't learnt any lesson or still arrogant! When I was a long time user of SE the same problem was there, on every handset other then Xperia X1, and I've used 19 SE sets. The worst was the W and K series handsets especially. **** Europe and their law, this ain't Europe!

Anyway this mod should work fine.

About the on screen buttons I hate them, a great way to waste screen real estate. However thanks to root and the GMD app.

good old SE days .. K series was best in cybershot photography .. the competition used to be intense in between Nokia vs SE . K750i was a masterpiece in camera .. you still can't get a 2mp camera as good as that one..

Nokia N95 was the rockstar though.. FU microsoft :evil:

in earpiece music quality live with walkman was great.. dam'n after writing about it my memories remind me of this awesome awesome awesome Song and ad made by sony. do listen to it

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvkRPTQc0PY

everytime i listen to it wish it had a full version :(

now they focus on the loudspeaker with xloud which are awesome by the way.. but not made for folks like us who love Earphones..

- - - Updated - - -

and regarding onscreen buttons whenever i think about it makes me wanna kill the guy who implemented this..

waste of screen + waste of bezels space..

Probably the second worst decision made in android history, the first one being the Removal of App2Sd feature in android 4.1 and later.. and they are going more crazy with android 4.4 with SD card restriction

rooting is there but why piss the customer off with trouble of DIY ? why does he has to decide between either pick warranty ( in most cases bootloader needs to be unlocked to get root) or pick the old features that made what android is today

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^K series were not worst, and even calling them average would be dishonest. They were much much better than the competition that time. Remember the legendary K750i ?
Well not all K series, but some of them were pretty average. But yes K750i was AWESOME. It was a legendary phone indeed.
good old SE days .. K series was best in cybershot photography .. the competition used to be intense in between Nokia vs SE . K750i was a masterpiece in camera .. you still can't get a 2mp camera as good as that one..

Nokia N95 was the rockstar though.. FU microsoft :evil:

in earpiece music quality live with walkman was great.. dam'n after writing about it my memories remind me of this awesome awesome awesome Song and ad made by sony. do listen to it

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvkRPTQc0PY

everytime i listen to it wish it had a full version :(

now they focus on the loudspeaker with xloud which are awesome by the way.. but not made for folks like us who love Earphones..
Oh mate, you made me nostalgic. The day I purchased the K750i was one of the most exciting days for me, still is. I just kept taking photos of everything. What a phone it was. However it lasted just 21 days, why? Cause the K790i was released and I sold the K750i at less than half price and got the K790i. Xenon flash, Burst mode, uff. Still remember how the SE India website was advertising it with those birds flying around and the phone was taking a burst shot of that. I gave it to my cousin later, who is still using it, it's been more than seven years. And I felt so glad when I went to see Casio Royale and saw Daniel Craig using the same white version of it. That was some feeling which I can't express.
About W series phones, my favourite was the W850i, loved it. And for build quality the W990i was my favourite. However I hated the move from Mega Bass to Clear Bass. Cause that time I didn't know that that was a good move.

But overall my favourite SE was P1i. That was a phone I kept coming back. Next should be Xperia X1. And the poorest one would be W580i, didn't like it that much, however used it for pretty long.

N95 was another jewel. To be honest it was a perfect phone from all angle. Awesome call quality, great stereo speakers, brilliant screen, unique media button slider, and I think the camera was great too. Have to say Nokia always knew how to make a phone like a phone, and that time I was a Nokia hater, cause I used to see everyone use Nokia and I felt disgusted by that. No one even cared to look at any other handset other than Nokia.

and regarding onscreen buttons whenever i think about it makes me wanna kill the guy who implemented this..

waste of screen + waste of bezels space..

Probably the second worst decision made in android history, the first one being the Removal of App2Sd feature in android 4.1 and later.. and they are going more crazy with android 4.4 with SD card restriction

rooting is there but why piss the customer off with trouble of DIY ? why does he has to decide between either pick warranty ( in most cases bootloader needs to be unlocked to get root) or pick the old features that made what android is today
Yeah. ****ing pathetic decision. On screen buttons, my arse.

It feels great that I am coming back to Sony after such a long plasticky time :p And just wish me best of luck for the eBay refund and that it goes smoothly, so that I can get the Z1C ASAP.

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Why don't u consider Apple 5s then
One reason is iOS, and the main reason is I don't consider a fragile thing as a mobile phone, not even remotely.

Besides I've used iP 5S for one week. Don't want go back to that same brilliant experience :cool:

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
It'll be the 9th day tomorrow since I've filed the complaint, yet eBay keeps saying 'we'll revert back soon to you with an update'. Lovely :|

amjath

Human Spambot
It'll be the 9th day tomorrow since I've filed the complaint, yet eBay keeps saying 'we'll revert back soon to you with an update'. Lovely :|

If u use public/government bank for transaction it will take time, if it is private it will be quicker.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If u use public/government bank for transaction it will take time, if it is private it will be quicker.
I'm talking about the refund mate. I just need a confirmation that I will get it, then they can take time.

I don't use PSU banks for online transactions ever.

amjath

Human Spambot
I'm talking about the refund mate. I just need a confirmation that I will get it, then they can take time.

I don't use PSU banks for online transactions ever.

Don't worry u will get it soon. They might be negotiating with the seller

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I think I'm starting to get an idea of drawbacks of metal build. With S4 I could get a GPS lock in less than thirty seconds, with M7 it's taking almost 3 minutes to get a lock, and even when I get a lock it's not picking half satellites as S4 would have picked. Hmm!

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
I think I'm starting to get an idea of drawbacks of metal build. With S4 I could get a GPS lock in less than thirty seconds, with M7 it's taking almost 3 minutes to get a lock, and even when I get a lock it's not picking half satellites as S4 would have picked. Hmm!

Not it does not depend on that metal or plastic build!
If that would be the case the 5C and 5S would see a substantial GPS difference!

It might be a software glitch!

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I don't believe it's a software glitch! I am on stock ROM, so if the glitch is there it's HTC's problem one way or another.

However it could be a less capable hardware too.

amjath

Human Spambot
I don't believe it's a software glitch! I am on stock ROM, so if the glitch is there it's HTC's problem one way or another.

However it could be a less capable hardware too.

U r right metal blocks signals

*www.laptopgpsworld.com/4117-what-can-interfere-gps-signal

Top Bottom