Votes: 18 75.0%
  • S5 (SD 801)

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah, eBay, this particular one, *www.ebay.in/itm/111203403091?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I've filed the claim without any photos, do you guys think I need to upload photos? Don't have a camera at this moment.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
u bought used product, obviously they will try to hide the facts by saying "like new" and "only used for 5 days" etc..
Too bad for you man, you should have bought a new one or atleast an imported one without warranty

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Obviously? I'll rather suffer with cancer rather than mentioning a product like new when it's not even half acceptable. Yea that was used, but that arsehole had good feedback, besides I've asked before buying whether there was any scratch or not, and he said, No.
WOW :|
View attachment 14386

Just look at the bezel, a crack below speaker grill, dent everywhere. I'm not even going to the deep scratches on the display! What a shame.

Waiting period won't be as short as that of Flipkart, but wait n see.......

Avoid buying used products from eBay. You can always buy new products from there, considering seller has good feedback

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
:wow: No offense, but thats a pretty silly/idiotic thing to say..:blink:

Maybe to you. No wonder about non-transparent, unprofessional and sh!t mentality of Indians :cool:

That arsehole's feedback was great, that's why I bought the item :|

Nerevarine

Incarnate
My point is, nothing is certain when buying a used product.. Sellers can hide simple facts like this and you can do nothing later on, as they didnt break any said rules.. You may contact ebay regarding this and if you are lucky, you may get a refund .. Be sure to screw that guy's feedback though

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
You should've asked for pictures at least before buying.
Should have, but didn't. However asked the seller repeatedly about the phone's condition.
My point is, nothing is certain when buying a used product.. Sellers can hide simple facts like this and you can do nothing later on, as they didnt break any said rules.. You may contact ebay regarding this and if you are lucky, you may get a refund .. Be sure to screw that guy's feedback though
Lucky? I believe I will get a refund. What I won't get back though is my irritation, all this wasted time. These things should be much more faster than what it is, I mean it's pointless to give the seller a whole ****ing week to respond.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
congrats but z2 was available on flipkart for 44k if you had waited a month like i suggested you could have gotten it for 39k

though i like M7 design much better than M8 ..

but i hate Htc when it comes to software as they lock the bootloader and 1 can't even root without unlocking bootloader . and relocking bootloader is not possible in most cases..
personal experience

that means either give up on warranty or forget root :(

at least in sony and samsung , 1 can easily root without unlocking the bootloader and avail the warranty by unrooting ..

Last edited:

Don_1

Broken In
obviously the s5. your issue as far as vibration is more of a personal choice and as far as build goes my 15 month old s3 is doing fine even with a 400 rs cover.

S5 trumps with it's screen, camera, removable cover, dust and water resistant and people may find TW features gimmicky but you can't blame sammy for trying to incorporate features which others cannot even think of.

I saw z2 today at croma it's great looking phone but little bigger than these two. i personally will buy it when the prices comes down.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I would have got the Z2 actually, price wasn't a matter. But it is way too big for me. I am even finding the M7 big. Done with big phones. Z1C will be my next phone.

[MENTION=128082]Don_1[/MENTION]: I have thought about making the S5 move multiple times. It indeed has a gorgeous display, camera is great too, but I personally have no need for a great camera. I have given up on vibration too, all these recent smartphones are crap, however M7 has stronger vibration than S4. But after using Sense for just 48 hours, it's no way back for me to TW. Sorry Samsung, I don't need those features, none of them.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
I would have got the Z2 actually, price wasn't a matter. But it is way too big for me. I am even finding the M7 big. Done with big phones. Z1C will be my next phone.

[MENTION=128082]Don_1[/MENTION]: I have thought about making the S5 move multiple times. It indeed has a gorgeous display, camera is great too, but I personally have no need for a great camera. I have given up on vibration too, all these recent smartphones are crap, however M7 has stronger vibration than S4. But after using Sense for just 48 hours, it's no way back for me to TW. Sorry Samsung, I don't need those features, none of them.

thats an excellent decision to go for z1 compact . the best part is the screen is IPS itself and of same class as z2 much better than z1 . plus its cheap , camera , performance , looks everything is great

the only problem you might face is coming down from S4 to z1c it will feel quite small to you .. but only a matter of few days ..

then you'll get adjusted ..but go and have an actual experience in the showroom or croma first before buying..

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah I know mate. I don't think it will be a huge issue, I mean I am already using the M7, which is 4.7" instead of 5" of my S4, but haven't had that much problem. Of course it's slightly small, but nothing to a point where I am getting disturbed by it. The problem about the Z1C is the low kinda volume on earpiece though, have read lots of comments about that. However there is a volume boosting mod, so that should do the job. Nah mate, I am not going to try it in a store again though, don't have the time or interest.

It's crazy how I am coming down on screen size, had Note 2 with it's monstrous 5.5" display, sold it for it's huge size, then S4, 5", now M7, 4.7", and now Z1C, 4.3". Hmm :|

rish1

Cyborg Agent
The problem about the Z1C is the low kinda volume on earpiece though, have read lots of comments about that. However there is a volume boosting mod, so that should do the job.
|

That is not a Z1 C problem .. That is the problem of EVERY Sony Phone launched in and after 2012

The output Quality is fine but sony guys Cap the volume levels in all sony phones from Xperia tipo to Xperia Z2 . They do this because of some stupid LAW in Europe and don't bother to fix it for other consumers..

There are 2 famous methods which require root.. only 1 of them will work with the phone so head to Xda and see if it works on Z1 C

I completely rejected buying a Sony phone in 2012 only due to this 1 issue.. Plus 1 issue that i find most irritating is the Onscreen Buttons they just take too much of real estate and they don't hide automatically when say for example playing a game where Screen real estate is too much important atleast in smaller screens ..
ofcourse fixable after rooting and now there is an App for that as well

Last edited:
Top Bottom