My choice would be

• M8

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • S5 (SD 801)

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
I don't believe it's a software glitch! I am on stock ROM, so if the glitch is there it's HTC's problem one way or another.

However it could be a less capable hardware too.

Then build issues surely!
I think you should discuss in XDA!
They have very beautiful support system out there for One!

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Learning things more and more. The NAND on M7 is garbage. Enough of hTC nonsense. Unbelievable! I will never curse Samsung any more :|

ankush28

Bazinga
You can hide them after rooting. Or resize.

Even without rooting on KitKat ;) use Power toggles and trigger immersive mode in ANY app.

@op if you love rooting and modding then you should have gone for Nexus 5. "Official modders phone" :lol: N5 is first when it comes to ROMs, Kernel, Tweaks and other OS.

Learning things more and more. The NAND on M7 is garbage. Enough of hTC nonsense. Unbelievable! I will never curse Samsung any more :|

What do you mean by NAND? Nandroid backup? Or NAND storage?

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
NAND storage. For no reason it keeps deleting my downloaded files, WTF is this nuisance!

No, I am not interested in heavy modding. I just use a custom and stable kernel, with Xposed and Gravity box that's all, from personal experience I have understood that there are no ROM as stable as stock ROM.

Okay, buying one coming Tuesday or Wednesday. Now which one would you get? By S5 I obviously don't mean the sh!t Exynos one.

This is how I sorted out positives and negatives for both,

S5:

+ Better camera. I am not even going to the comparison with M8.
+ Better size, and overall grip. M8 is slippery.
+ Hardware buttons.
+ IP67 certification, this might come handy, might not, should not be a deciding factor.
+ 15 grams lighter!
+ USB 3.0? Hmm :|

- Plastic. Uff :| However with far superior build quality than S4!
- Far lesser custom support from XDA! No one likes Samsung!
- Meaningless features and bloats!

M8:

+ Build quality and materials. Comparing plastic with Aluminium is meaningless.
+ Those boom speakers. I will never use them for multimedia purpose but having it for calls is great.
+ Better custom support.
+ UI is much much faster and responsive than TW.

- Undeniably the camera. However I don't use camera much at all.
- On screen buttons, hate the idea!
- Have heard ASS of hTC India is poor!

Which one would you pick? Remember, the S5 is Snapdragon, not Exynos.

The link to the S5,

*www.ebay.in/itm/Promotion-Brand-Ne...t=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item258e305baf&_uhb=1
In case you are eying the M8---
Dont forget that you have to pay Rs 10,000 more for an inferior camera, Micromax-class After Sales Service,poor design decisions (the on screen buttons was a big mistake) and association with a Chinese brand that cant even compare to its countrymen Lenovo or Huawei in terms of brand quality. Slapping an aluminium body on the face wont make it classy. Remember what our parents said- "its not whats outside, but inside, that matters" :D oh wait, i think thats a quote from a Disney movie..

The only thing that makes the M8 worth owning is that it reinforces the fact that no matter how many times you screw up and break down, if you have a successful daddy, you will hold some worth in this world.
Its a lesson in reality. Daddy "HTC One" uses Apple technique to convince the dumber demographic of fandroids to spend wads of cash on it, which helps pay for the spoilt useless children like the HTC Desire series. Fandroids be like "hmmm, bap to accha aadmi hai, beta bhi accha hoga" (Its called the Bachhan Paradigm).
... But hey cant blame Chinese Dad, since Korean Dad Galaxy S2 did the same for its crappy children and pushed the Samsung parivaar to the #1 Family position in the mobile world..

Wait, wat am i saying.. gotta get off the internet...

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I learned the hard way. No metal phones for me. They are a signal blocker. If I even let the GPS issue go, the normal phone signal receive capability is way poorer than a plastic phone. I was in my friend's home yesterday and I saw one bar (and some times no signal at all) and asked him hey is it normal that somehow signal gets block in your room? He said don't know man, then took his S4 and see that it was steady at 3 or 4 bars (4 is full here).

So that's done, decided. I don't know whether I am getting the S5 or not, but I ain't getting any metal phones that's for sure.

I can get the XZ1C as I thought I would. But the display might seem really small to me. I can get the Z2 but still don't like those huge bezels and it's the largest 5.2" display! God knows what will I buy!

Last edited:

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Why dont you get G2 lol?
It has good display,dev support,camera etc in short everything is good

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Whatthefrak there is no perfect phone available over the market at any price range.. You need to adapt some of the flaws.. All you need to do is select the one which cater your need.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
buy this

HTC One (E8) announced with Snapdragon 801, plastic body - GSMArena.com news

no ultrapixel :D

price is 450 $ in china .. so even it is 500-550 $ here .. it is still great

good job htc if you can come up with that price here..

Last edited:
Top Bottom