S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha - is a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl mod released on Apr 25, 2014. No you don't need the original game as It's a standalone full free game for all veteran stalkers to enjoy.

Have you ever dreamt about playing the old, forgotten S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ?

We were amazed by GSC's work when they released the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. screenshots in 2002. The old design, and atmosphere was stunning and we couldn't believe our eyes. Later in 2005 things has changed. They redesigned almost all old levels. Some of them became smaller, simpler (still nice, but different), and some levels were removed. After the release in 2007 we played the game a lot, and quickly noticed that some areas are missing. We opened forums, and talked countless nights about those for almost a year. Nowdays we could say, we have a full vision about GSC's old levels, due to the collected materials, videos and forgotten screenshots. We decided to remake those stunning areas, maybe they won't be the same, but we will try everything to make them look really nice, as we always wanted to see them. In early 2009, GSC released a build from 2004, which contained many old materials. We used some of the sdk objects for the level remakes, but adjusted (and bugfixed) them for our liking, also we didn't throw out our own levels. So expect to see our own Darkscape, Dead City, Rostok Factory and some more in Lost Alpha

For Source, Download and more :
*www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

Here's couple of my own screenshots :D 56k warning ;)

*i.imgur.com/qJ8zIjY.jpg

*i.imgur.com/pG3kHBc.jpg

*i.imgur.com/fC6cRqY.jpg

*i.imgur.com/kNdXaM3.jpg

*i.imgur.com/daHb9dS.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Ju2B5w3.jpg

*i.imgur.com/FdvUPus.jpg

*i.imgur.com/ugtd4j6.jpg

*i.imgur.com/uXuwsE7.jpg

*i.imgur.com/KYj3slB.jpg

*i.imgur.com/KTvWGBT.jpg

Have fun playing this wonderful game.

Piyush

Lanaya
Thanks for the screenies :D
I'll be ready by this weekend
I've read that Dezoave and team did so much with that old xray engine. Hats off to them

- - - Updated - - -

Also.. I read maxing out textures and AF will make CTDs happen a more frequently no matter how much RAM and VRAM one have.
So playing at 75% of textures and 50% AF is recommended as of now.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Getting into STALKER is difficult but once you are in, the zone sucks you in. Damn, only play 1 game at a time. DS 2 for now though already installed lost alpha and played few minutes too.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Have any of you guys completed the original STALKER? It's campaign is so long that I have never completed it to this day.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It get's so much better when you near the center of the zone and the weapons get amazing too. Why did you stop ?

Piyush

Lanaya
Getting into STALKER is difficult but once you are in, the zone sucks you in. Damn, only play 1 game at a time. DS 2 for now though already installed lost alpha and played few minutes too.

Play only after you finish DS2. Dont mix 2 good games simultaneously

- - - Updated - - -

Have any of you guys completed the original STALKER? It's campaign is so long that I have never completed it to this day.

Yea... 1 time vanilla version and 2 times modded :D

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
completed all three and got true ending of the SoC on the first playgrough.

Played it again with some gfx enhacer mod just to see how good it can look but anyway got an urge to complete it. Finally got I want to be rich ending :D

With lost alpha this is my 3rd playthrough of the original game.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also.. I read maxing out textures and AF will make CTDs happen a more frequently no matter how much RAM and VRAM one have.
So playing at 75% of textures and 50% AF is recommended as of now.

So far I've faced no such CTDs and Texture and Af is set to the max value.

Piyush

Lanaya
So far I've faced no such CTDs and Texture and Af is set to the max value.

Which resolution? And how much have you progressed in story so far?\
Those CTDs occur after you reach Bar.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways I'll finish the downloading and patching by today
Will start my screen shot train from tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

First official patch

Piyush

Lanaya
[MENTION=156672]Desmond[/MENTION]
Its a standalone game
free to play, doesnt require original game

GPU used R7 265

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
idk w hy i dnt like stalker series i downloaded complete trilogy strarted with shadow of chernobyl and ya left the game............

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
idk w hy i dnt like stalker series i downloaded complete trilogy strarted with shadow of chernobyl and ya left the game............

It takes time to get good gear. Before that one can get mildly frustrated. So yeah, play it for first 2-3 hours to see the potential.

Piyush

Lanaya
After playing for 2-3 hours, here's what I felt (still in Cordon)

Plus
Great visuals
Some new spots
Some places are changed (can be good or bad)
Added factors like hunger, thirst, rest
More realistic approach when it comes to equip artifacts/ammos/guns. We have to equip ammo on belt and 1 slot is equipped when 1 box of ammo is equipped (for eg 20 ammo box for Pistol even though gun magazine is 8)

Minus
Voice overs are so un-Stalker like (but it was done with the help of community anyways)
Since mission script is somewhat changed, an old stalker fan may find it on wrong side

somebodysme

Journeyman
Big fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, I played it(SOC & CS) like crazy when was in college on my nVidia 8500GT 512mb.
Had to play Clear Sky 3 or 4 time because of the bugs. Miss those old good days, dark forest, blood suckers and the howling of the wildlings all day n night. COP felt a bit short but also enjoyed it.

Just few question about this mod,
What does Lost Alpha do, does it add a complete new story?
Do we get to play a new character this time (Monolith/ Mercenary/ Military) or any other faction?
How big is the campaign is?

Piyush

Lanaya
Big fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, I played it(SOC & CS) like crazy when was in college on my nVidia 8500GT 512mb.
Had to play Clear Sky 3 or 4 time because of the bugs. Miss those old good days, dark forest, blood suckers and the howling of the wildlings all day n night. COP felt a bit short but also enjoyed it.

Just few question about this mod,
What does Lost Alpha do, does it add a complete new story?
Do we get to play a new character this time (Monolith/ Mercenary/ Military) or any other faction?
How big is the campaign is?

Story is bit changed and I dont know what the ending is about (actually I didnt search for it coz I want it to be remain unknown to me). We still are Marked One. Campaign is bigger than all 3 games combined (if you include side quests as well).
Scenery is changed, new maps added, new places added in old maps, new monsters, artifacts, much more......

- - - Updated - - -

Also.. since its a stand alone game you dont need the vanilla game.

PS: The game is 95% finished but there are still lil bugs here and there which are being sorted out. Official patch 1 was already released a week back and Patch #2 is gonna released tomorrow as per the posts by Dezowave on Moddb

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everything is on the pro side on the game except few annoyning bugs which is going to be sorted soon. On a side note finding the Bar inside of the great metal factory was a great PITA and unlike other guys most of the time I'm getting only cloudy environment which is making the gameplay more difficult.

Top Bottom