S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha

Piyush

Lanaya
Some more...
It looks like the concrete structure during night doesnt look that good as compared to trees/sky/grass

Night time with night vision ON

*i.imgur.com/Ue2yudj.jpg?1

with night vision OFF

*i.imgur.com/VhdeaKd.jpg?1

Shadow

*i.imgur.com/9Rgoyc6.jpg?1

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=89186]Piyush[/MENTION], how is the gameplay of Stalker LA? Can you give a brief outline? The SS look nice, makes me wanna play this game.

Piyush

Lanaya
[MENTION=89186]Piyush[/MENTION], how is the gameplay of Stalker LA? Can you give a brief outline? The SS look nice, makes me wanna play this game.

Well if you havent played any of the game of this series:

You are a victim of amnesia after a certain accident. The rest is all a beautiful filler which you design on your own. Environment, background music, creepy surprises, play-in-your-own-pace storyline... all top class (if you have patience)

If you have played any of the game from this series:
Well, I half of the times play this game and not Dota even if ifs weekend. This much this game is awesome. :D

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Well if you havent played any of the game of this series:

You are a victim of amnesia after a certain accident. The rest is all a beautiful filler which you design on your own. Environment, background music, creepy surprises, play-in-your-own-pace storyline... all top class (if you have patience)

If you have played any of the game from this series:
Well, I half of the times play this game and not Dota even if ifs weekend. This much this game is awesome. :D

too tough to survive......if you dnt know the game mechanics............

- - - Updated - - -

bleeding damage, radiation damage........... wth....................

gameranand

Living to Play
Well since the game feels still fresh, I dont mind a new game. But, I do have lil time these days to play games, so its a bit annoying too :D

So many games in my backlog. Last thing I want is a game which requires me to start a new game everytime a patch is released.

Piyush

Lanaya
*i.imgur.com/NLnNJ63.jpg?1

*i.imgur.com/R7nZK22.jpg?1

*i.imgur.com/OJNYIxY.jpg?1

*i.imgur.com/HhdK1KH.jpg?1

*i.imgur.com/J7oM5Vw.jpg?1

Piyush

Lanaya
Started this again from where I left.

Since previously, new game was needed every time a big patch was released, I wasnt able to go deep into storyline. But now that its almost 8 months since a patch came out, I thought it was fine to continue.

Game is actually different when it comes to laying out the mission path but not the mission goal itself. Maps are altered. And it actually adds new feeling to the game. Now the important thing. I have played StalkerSoup as well and I can say once we get a certain device to transmute items into new powerful artifacts, the game feels very much easy (I reached almost Radar area). And money isnt issue at all too in that one. But it isnt the same in Lost Alpha. I have completed the Dark valley lab X18 quest and Im still trying to just barely survive in each main quest since I have that normal Stalker Suit the one which Barkeep in Bar/ Rostock gives us) and Obokan with Silencer attachment only. I am not able to find any artifacts to increase weight cap as well.

Talking about X18, the goal is still the same, as to fetch some documents, but the lab itself is altered. I ran out of ammos inside it, thanks to a certain faction base above the lab itself. In the lab, I had to kill 2 burers with knife since I had no ammo left :lol:

But there is one thing which bores me out. Certain main quests are "go talk to X and return to me to deliver msg". They should have done something about it. NPCs are using PDA to talk so it should have been implemented. Walking all the way to a certain guy crossing 3-4 maps is annoying sometimes, esp when the A-Life is scarce (bcoz we killed some of the spawns first time we clashed).

So there was a guy who suggested me SLAM pack for this. Its a certain bug fixing cum new features adding patch. This one adds more A-life, add guides (like they were in Call of Pripyat). I didnt try the texture pack since its size were big and I was satisfied with visuals anyways.

And yea, the main menu music added by this pack is awesome. [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION], check it once Lost Alpha Slam pack music

- - - Updated - - -

From my last session
*i.imgur.com/jXwZclJ.jpg?1

*i.imgur.com/QUyKHHB.jpg?1

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=89186]Piyush[/MENTION]
I have that track. Started playing Lost Alpha earlier. Will resume soon.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks [MENTION=89186]Piyush[/MENTION] for the detailed info. I'll start the game all over again. Last time my visit to lab x18 was messy due to loads of bug. Anyway, this time with the right patches I may be able to play this game good.

Piyush

Lanaya
[MENTION=89186]Piyush[/MENTION]
I have that track. Started playing Lost Alpha earlier. Will resume soon.
It says its "final theme" of Metro 2033. Noticed it today.
Thanks [MENTION=89186]Piyush[/MENTION] for the detailed info. I'll start the game all over again. Last time my visit to lab x18 was messy due to loads of bug. Anyway, this time with the right patches I may be able to play this game good.

Btw, I personally dont use vehicles in this one since its hard to maneuver on certain terrains. So walking is the only option. But some quests are like Go to map A to fetch item X and in order to do so we have to cross 3-4 maps. So it becomes tiring and dull if there are no quests in between the journey.

In order to fix that, there is a little addon for guides additions, just like from Pripyat. Play normally for a while, if you think its tiring as well, you can check this then.

Piyush

Lanaya
Reached Chernobyl.

Now, this particular city is not like it was in SoC. The city is surrounded by Pripyat, Reactors, Radar, Army Warehouse and a lab. I think this way it was meant to be because the reactors were actually far from the city chernobyl, more like the outskirt area.

After playing up till this point of game, I can say that what the game lacks is side quests. There are very few, actually only those of Barkeep and Scientist. But the main story is so much changed.
Im yet to meet the Guide. But I have actually met one of those Fang /Ghost in person. And Doctor is helping here and there.

Even after having the story bit changed, I am actually liking the alteration to the plot. Lets see how it goes.

Top Bottom