Running Ubuntu in your laptop ? Have a look at these posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@Din
I accuse you of misleading people & force them believe that Ubuntu cause wear and tear HDD's.
Hence you are stopping them to install Linux.
so you you guilty of cheating,lying, 3rd degree fraud,havoc to the online community,knowingly committing crime hereby you are punished under Ubuntu penal code(UPC) of section 6.06,7.04,7.10 which gives you a death sentance but the as you are regret your crime. your punishment is reduced to life sentence.:p

Whole of your life you will remain in custody of Ubuntu linux.:p

kumarmohit

Technomancer
^^ Hey Guyz, If you are fighting coz decided to switch from Ubuntu to Sabayon, please note that Sabayon is a Linux distro based on Gentoo, which is more Linuxy than Debian, on which Ubuntu is based.

OK- Not That I think you guys do not know it, but sorry, couldn't resist!

;)

praka123

left this forum longback
Debian base is better any time.but thats my personal opin :p
hence Ubuntu too!bcoz of ubuntu,ubuntuforum gaves ur most linux problems an answer.the community everything rocks!Ubuntu made a change in linux world.admit that.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Hey I said Gentoo is more linuxy, not better. I think both are at par when it comes to all the concepts of being a better OS

rohandhruva

Broken In
@Din,

Thank you for spreading absolutely snip. Why don't you do some REASEARCH before copy pasting your senseless crap here in the forums, hence discouraging the few users who are migrating to linux ?

This problem is NOT CAUSED BY, AND NOT LIMITED TO UBUNTU ! This problem affects all other distros, and windows, this is a hard drive and laptop MANUFACTURER problem !

Please read *mjg59.livejournal.com/77672.html for proper information, and Din, use GOOGLE to verify "facts" before posting !

Last edited by a moderator:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
rohandhruva please mind your language, this isn't the first time you're doing it.

Last edited:

rohandhruva

Broken In
mehulved said:
rohandruhava please mind your language, this isn't the first time you're doing it.

Hard to do .. It irritates me when people spread FUD without researching .. It takes a few minutes to verify a story, before posting. And you can see for yourself what negative effect it had !

Anyway, I'm sorry.
Also, please copy paste the nick name, if you can't spell it right. Thank you.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Hmm if this is with all ditros guess it wud be BSD variant then!

LOL no guyz, I think that I shud research in this matter myself before I do anything else

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
rohandhruva said:
@Din,
Thank you for spreading absolutely snip. Why don't you do some REASEARCH before copy pasting your senseless crap here in the forums, hence discouraging the few users who are migrating to linux ?
Sir, I am new to Ubuntu linux but neither I am new to Linux nor I am new to forum etiquettes. I made it very clear in the first post itself, my other posts also (self explanatory) shows what I meant. And above all, other members in this forum know me for some time, and if that is not enough, any admin / mod can delete my threads and I will never question it or fight over it (if what I am posting is crap)!

I have the source link, details, solution, the author's explanation - everything in the post. That is called spreading FUD ? Sorry sir, I do not understand your logic. Anyway, I am not going to divert this thread, so please come back to the topic.

And I installed Ubuntu in my laptop before posting this and I mentioned it in my first post itself. Still you think I am against Lin or Ubuntu sir ?

And sir, please have a look at this post (from same thread)
gary4gar said:
@Din
I accuse you of misleading people & force them believe that Ubuntu cause wear and tear HDD's.

Whole of your life you will remain in custody of Ubuntu linux.:p

i was joking, sorry din if it hurt you

LOL, c'mon man. We know each other ! I never took / take it seriously. But I accept your order :D Coz I started loving Ubuntu ! Man, i am getting addict !!!!

So updates ?

1. I could configure tata indicom USB modem in Ubuntu very easily.

2. I could configure Airtel MO+ SE phone in Ubuntu very easily.

3. I could run Dreamweaver in Ubuntu very easily.

4. Ubuntu detects my Canon S3 and transfers photos instantly !! Man, this is amazing.

5. Wireless works great in Ubuntu, I am using Dataone (using wireless router) in Ubuntu.

6. Pidgin (now don't call me pig-Din !!!) works great and it will do my messenger needs.

7. Going to try LAMP, and I am sure it will work great.

Ubuntu addicts, count me in, I can't resist ! May be I will write a book - De-Addicton from Ubuntu - LOL, but less chance as I do not think I will get de-addicted from Ubuntu in the near future;)

F

FilledVoid

Ubuntu addicts, count me in, I can't resist ! May be I will write a book - De-Addicton from Ubuntu - LOL, but less chance as I do not think I will get de-addicted from Ubuntu in the near future

Yay ! Another person joining the revolution :) . Im enjoying Ubuntu as well. If you manage to get a Nokia Cell Phone to work with it please let me know how.

F

FilledVoid

Yes, gnokii , obexfs, wammu, syncMl so far. Nokia 6681 is becoming a pain lol.

rohandhruva

Broken In
@Din,

Please don't tell me sir, it makes me feel old :p
BTW, let me tell you I'm not a mad flamer or anything .. It's just that you specifically mentioned ubuntu .. You could've just mentioned that the problem affects linux and windows or so .. Anyway, sorry for being too harsh and rude, I hope there are no hard feelings ! :)

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@rohandhruva

LOL, no hard feelings at all :)

And to be frank, sorry ! I called you sir just coz of making fun ! Ane yes, I also fall in the 'uncles' category in this forum ;)

I mentioned Ubuntu coz the news I saw was about it. But from the first post (and in every post), I made it very clear that it is not a serious issue, there is solution etc.

And finally - I am an ILUG (Cochin, Kerala) member for the last 6 yrs. I always support Linux and Open Source. Only thing is I do not get much time to experiment on Lin :(

Ok, back to topic :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
din said:
6. Pidgin (now don't call me pig-Din !!!) works great and it will do my messenger needs.
This is not fair. This is absolutely not fair!!!! You keep chocolates in front of us and ask us not to touch it??!!! :lol: pig-Din!!! haha.... :D

Coming back to the topic: This issue was there in Fiesty kernel too. If anyone follows the ubuntuforums.org they'll recall the long threads there regarding this thing. However, its not a major issue. Just makes you more paranoid about nothing! ;)

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@the end, does this problem really exist, do we need to do "the solution" wat din has giving for lappies. :confused:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
OFFTOPIC

@ din... your avatar fantasizes me.. rather humours me :D .. mind giding a clarification? lolz...

Ontopic : So this is the case will all laptop hardware isnt it? I mean i have a really old lappy... Celeron 1 Gig, 256 MB RAM, SiS 630 GFX, 40 GB ... so should i take some small precautions.. like not running it in 'laptop' power option ?? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom