run pc on inverter during prolonged power cut

billamama

In the zone
I need help on how could I run my pc on inverter during power cuts prolonged for minimum 1hr. I'm providing my staffs please have a look and suggest how could I arrange the whole thing?

my home inverter : (microtek 850eb)
*www.hydshop.in/product_images/m/626/microtek-ups-eb__75342_zoom.gif
specification : UPS EB

at present I run my pc on this ups (Frontech UPS 600va)
*stat.homeshop18.com/homeshop18/images/product/1stwholesalers/U44-1stW.jpg
specification : Buy Frontech UPS Power 60 JIL-2507

and my pc config
*lh6.googleusercontent.com/_XCBzeK4K31s/TdTHlg9rs7I/AAAAAAAAAbY/BApxxsN-P8U/s640/my%20pc%20config%20updated.jpg
and a 19"monitor

Tech&ME

Banned
You can run your computer with the inverter in the following manner only:

Step 1: Connect your computer to the UPS as usual.

Step 2: connect the UPS to the wall outlet as usual.

Step 3: Call an electrician to provide inverter connection to the wall socket (where you are supposed to plug in the UPS)

But I will suggest you to further do the following if possible: (OPTIONAL)

I don't know how big your house is and what kind of power usage you require from the inverter. But I presumingly will advice you to take the following step in consultation with your electrician:

Step 1a: Ask your electrician to connect the inverter to the main panel board of your house (Panel board means where the meter is fitted and the current enter into your house from the electric pole)

Step 1b: If you or your electrician know how a generator is connected to the panel board then ask him to presume the inverter as a generator and make the connection accordingly. (This will enable all the socket and switch board of your house to get power from the inverter in case of power cut.)

Continue to STEP 1 and then 2 above and skip STEP 3.

Hope this helps if u need any help setting this up please feel free to ask for help.

Last edited:
Reactions: ico

Sarath

iDota
If you are shifting to an Inverter from a UPS then you should check the switching time during a powercut.

I had a APC 800VA inverter and going by the time lag it would have switched off my PC due to the delay in switching to battery mode.

However I have heard as to how come inverters are good at close to UPS speeds.

As for how to fix the inverter I think you should leave that to the technician telling him just one thing. To power the room or socket in the home which you want and not the rest of your house.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Thanks guys
Actually I feared that any damage may be done to my Pc if I run it on inverter during power cut and attach an inverter with a ups, but thanks for your detailed explanation :) thanks a lot:)

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Guys I got a problem,I asked before about my inverter problem, and it was fine till the monsoon hit,

problem is whenever power cuts, ups backs up the pc but when it comes, pc hangs, and I have to restart it.

well few days back the problem was just opposite of current situation, then I plugs the pc directly to wall outlet that means it runs solely on inverter, and then when power cut occurs pc hangs, but no problem when it comes

I'm confused what to do,

should I change the psu and ups?

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
the standard one that comes with zebronix bijli cabinet! but I am thinking of buying a
Corsair VX450 whats your opinion?

abhidev

Human Spambot
If you are shifting to an Inverter from a UPS then you should check the switching time during a powercut.

I had a APC 800VA inverter and going by the time lag it would have switched off my PC due to the delay in switching to battery mode.

However I have heard as to how come inverters are good at close to UPS speeds.

As for how to fix the inverter I think you should leave that to the technician telling him just one thing. To power the room or socket in the home which you want and not the rest of your house.

i had the exact same problem......the switching time issue....so i just stopped using a ups..

Tech&ME

Banned
For OP -->

Yes that's the problem.

throw that zebronics PSU in some garbage bin.

And get yourself Corsair VX450. Your problem solved!

Anish

Spectre
^^He asked you to scan your hard disk drive for any errors.
IMO, like tech&me said, replace your psu and see

probir

Broken In
coolermaster PSU will solve your problem... mine having same problem 2yrs ago... but after installing cooler master PSU problem solve.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
actually I want to run a dedicated gpu, but can't take the decision due to this problem :( what do you think for an additional gpu coolermaster 500 or corsair 450 should I go for?

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
CS is better wat digitians are advising unless you are a hardcore gamer. but i never felt any issue so far with CS. plan for higher wattage.

Top Bottom