Rs. 99/- for 2 MBPS Unlimited (Night hours)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Very interesting news. Rapidshare, Demonoid etc should be getting scared...their bandwidth will be sucked by India now :p

Anyone knows, how much it will exactly cost. I might consider ttwo connections , one for day and one for night

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Arya said:
WOW! I am getting myself Tata Indicom. They'll be sucked dry though and will most probably stop the service then.

So, do I need to get a Tata landline? Is it available in Kolkata (Hungerford Street, Camac Street)?

Lend me ur Portable HDD for few days, Offcouse with original contents in it :p

and yup u have TATA service available at ur place :p

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Choto Cheeta said:
Lend me ur Portable HDD for few days, Offcouse with original contents in it
I don't have a portable HDD. The one I have is anything but portable and as you already know, I lost all the "original contents" when I broke it. :(

Come online on AIM, will you?

~Lil JinX~ said:
Hmm. How long exactly IS "one night"? 6~7 hours? In that case, its not much. I've heard of some "night" plans, which start at 2ish and end before 8.
9AM to 9PM. Twelve hours. That's huge.

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Airtel has been providing unlimited night time (9PM to 8AM) broadband for 50 bucks extra for quite some time now... Though the speed is not 2 MBPS (I think I get it at 512 Kbps), I am quite happy with it because I do long night downloads only occasionally...

Arun

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
guys do i need to get a tata indicom landline for this? ....if yes then wats its cost???
give some details guys..

Thanks

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
prateek_san said:
guys do i need to get a tata indicom landline for this? ....if yes then wats its cost???
give some details guys..

Thanks

No I do not think a Tata Indicom landline (Walky) is required. Tata Indicom BB works on standalone basis. Internet is available with Walky but speed is close to dial-up.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh WOW! That's so awesome. So, if I don't like the service or something, I can always dispense with it whenever I wish to. Cool! I am definitely getting myself this one.

digitized said:
I think you meant 9PM to 9AM.:):cool:
Yes, I did indeed. Does not make it any less huge. :p

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
This is a nice offer.

But just one question? Is the Tata BB service reliable? I heard many BAD reviews about it.

Considering Timebased plan, the cheapest plan available is QuickPower180 for pack value Rs.1710 + Rs. 500(Installation charges). So I have to pay Rs2210 initially and just Rs.99+tax per month. Isn't it?
And I guess Navi Mumbai comes under Mumbai area. Anybody from Navi Mumbai haing Tata BB? How is the speed?

goobimama

 Macboy
Damn it. I can't get any of these broadband services to my place. What is wrong with this world. I'm waiting here, cash in hand. But no one wants to take it :(

praka123

left this forum longback
^^^
Bingo,that happens with me too :( just 40kms away from Cochin city but only 2 BB providers in my town(asianet and dataone).where are u airtel,tata :x

din

Tribal Boy
Goobi, same here. Ready to spend money but no broadband :(

@praka123, I am just 18 kms form Cochin city, that also NH side, but no broadband here :(

Hope TATA will come in the future ....

praka123

left this forum longback
^but afaik there are "advicers" for this type of companies who surveys and give reports.thats why.for eg:alleppey is neglected by many distributors also is idukki dist.wht i am saying - although potential buyers may be in such places but losers judged things too earlier for companies to start giving their service in these areas.Hope they get things correctly.as with BB and other services,the scene is different in kerala unlike other states.small towns are much more capable and more buying power exists.but the "generalization" done by some market pundits makes things difficult for ppl living in small towns in kerala.Hope they awakes.

pannaguma

Turn The Page
Choto Cheeta said:
^^^

Dont u agree on it ??
i have not had any experience with tata. but when i wanted to end my airtel postpaid mobile connection, but they dragged for 3 weeks making me lose the one month advance deposit they charge.:mad: ~500 bucks.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Here is what I got

Night unlimited plan is only applicable on Time Based prepaid plans.
The cheapest Time Based prepaid plan is available at 510 per month (based on a 12 month subscription). You must have a Tata Indicom Landline too.

Speeds of up to 2Mbps is only applicable in the following cities - Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Baroda, Hyderabad (including Secunderabad), Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Kolkata, Pune, Delhi, Mumbai, Calicut, Kannur, Trichur, Thiruvananthapuram. Customers in all other cities will experience speeds of up to 512 Kbps.

Its definately not for me as i am in a town and Tata Indicom is not available here.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Great! So basically, I've got to get myself a Tata Indicom landline with this time based plan for twelve months and then I can download fifty HD movies each month. Sounds fabulous. :D

Oh NO!!!

I knew this was too good to be true. Here's a dampener. The time based plans offer a maximum of 720 hours for a year. It is impossible for me to make it last more than five months. And this night unlimited thing is only available on time based plans.

I'm back to DataOne now. :(

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ha well..cool plan..but what bout the other 12 hours...wat happens then??do we have to pay seperately fr each hour we r online??...night unlimited is cool fr heavy downloaders alone...but wat bout surfers like us+heavy downloaders...nt dun..but guys nt to worry...tata is gonna lower its tariffs by a huge margin..a correspondent told me that.so chill..

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I think I can still go for that plan. It gives you three things:
1. Night unlimited (9PM to 9AM).
2. Two hours per day.
3. Unlimited downloading.

I think I can use it for two hours each day and then after and before 9PM and 9AM respectively. And, of course, it is not that I'll be using it every single day. There will be days, and sometimes even weeks, when I won't use the Internet at all. So those hours will be saved up. I think I can survive.

Now the only things I've got to know are how reliable they are, how good the service is and whether the speeds are really around 2Mbps consistently.

sandeepk

Journeyman
Though I have Tata Indicom broadband but until end of August I am on unlimited 128 kbps plan. Only after that I can renew the account:mad:. I must get a time limited plan now:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom