Rocksmith 2014 progress report

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Umm, actually the only place it is regularly available (cable+game+pre-order DLCs) is Snapdeal. I bought it from there, and 2 of my friends too. They refill their stocks regularly, just recently in X-mas sale, it was down to 2699/-

Are you sure its not an USB driver problem? Because when I installed custom drivers to make fastboot work with USB 3.0 in Windows 8.1 (its the worst PITA I've ever had with Windows and Android), the 3.0 port didnt recognize the Rocksmith cable any longer but the 2.0 ports did fine.

my pc has only usb2 ports.
and I thought about the drivers too but the drivers build automatically after I connect the cable but after I start the game the game refuses to detect the cable. It has been working fine so far but just recently it started pooping out. I have win8 on my pc.
Good thing I have ps3.

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
Can it be due to "ahem" version of the game ( I mean the PC version ) ? Does your computer detect the cable when you plug it in ??

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
it worked fine for 2 months.

Rocksmith 2014 is now available on flipkart [PC version only]

*www.flipkart.com/rocksmith-2014-edition-includes-real-tone-cable/p/itmdpwk6sbgkwx4f?pid=AVMDNF594QGPARQZ&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=rocksmith&ref=116b38ed-facf-4b5a-af36-45d32bb41c67

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Gollum, did you get your cable to work? You might want to go to device manager and remove all USB ports and then reinstall them. Or as a last resort reinstall the game itself

The game suddenly gets harder once you get a hang of the basics. I'm still trying to get my fingers to move quickly between the chords of 'knocking on heaven's door' and 'bring me to life' in rhythm mode.

In guitarcade, games like ninja slide and string saloon are really awesome fun :)

Edit: might need to buy an electric guitar soon since my brother is taking the one I was using. Suggestions on a cheap guitar for learning needed. The only one I know is the Epiphone les paul special II at round 11k

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Gollum, did you get your cable to work? You might want to go to device manager and remove all USB ports and then reinstall them. Or as a last resort reinstall the game itself

The game suddenly gets harder once you get a hang of the basics. I'm still trying to get my fingers to move quickly between the chords of 'knocking on heaven's door' and 'bring me to life' in rhythm mode.

In guitarcade, games like ninja slide and string saloon are really awesome fun :)

Edit: might need to buy an electric guitar soon since my brother is taking the one I was using. Suggestions on a cheap guitar for learning needed. The only one I know is the Epiphone les paul special II at round 11k

Epiphone LP2 is a good one. Make sure you buy one with a humbucker. Better guitars have two humbuckers. My Pacifica has 1 Humbucker and two pickups.

The problem with the cable was resolved by just a restart.

I have reached 97% in evanescence Bring me to life [rhythm] its a really easy song
These days I barely play any minigame. I am practicing Lead on "Cold company-Minus the beer" - I can play its rhythm quite easily.

Epiphone LP2 is a good one. Make sure you buy one with a humbucker. Better guitars have two humbuckers. My Pacifica has 1 Humbucker and two pickups.

The problem with the cable was resolved by just a restart.

I have reached 97% in evanescence Bring me to life [rhythm] its a really easy song
These days I barely play any minigame. I am practicing Lead on "Cold company-Minus the beer" - I can play its rhythm quite easily.

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
Where did you get the pricing for Epiphone les paul special II at 11k ?? I'm too want to purchase one would be either this or Pacifica

Last edited:

bikramjitkar

In the zone

First of all, a humbucker is also a kind of pickup. There are 2 kinds of pickups found in electric guitars- single coil and humbuckers(which are basically two single coils with opposite windings stuck together to cancel out unwanted noise). Your Pacifica has a humbucker and 2 single coil pickups. Secondly, having humbuckers or single coils don't make a guitar better or worse. They just produce different sounds. US made Fender guitars that cost more than $2000 usually only have single coil pickups while Gibson Les Pauls only have humbuckers. Single coils are preferred for "cleaner" genres like pop and blues while humbuckers are preferred for distortion-heavy stuff like rock and metal as they produce a thicker sound and less noise than single coils. Better guitars simply have better quality woods, pickups and construction than cheap guitars.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
First of all, a humbucker is also a kind of pickup. There are 2 kinds of pickups found in electric guitars- single coil and humbuckers(which are basically two single coils with opposite windings stuck together to cancel out unwanted noise). Your Pacifica has a humbucker and 2 single coil pickups. Secondly, having humbuckers or single coils don't make a guitar better or worse. They just produce different sounds. US made Fender guitars that cost more than $2000 usually only have single coil pickups while Gibson Les Pauls only have humbuckers. Single coils are preferred for "cleaner" genres like pop and blues while humbuckers are preferred for distortion-heavy stuff like rock and metal as they produce a thicker sound and less noise than single coils. Better guitars simply have better quality woods, pickups and construction than cheap guitars.
thank you mr. wikipedia without your gyan our knowledge would be incomplete.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
So people, how far are you on your quest for guitar gyaan?

I'm planning to see if i can use my acoustic with rocksmith. Just need a gopd pickup for that at around 1k, any suggestions?

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
So people, how far are you on your quest for guitar gyaan?

I'm planning to see if i can use my acoustic with rocksmith. Just need a gopd pickup for that at around 1k, any suggestions?

look for a humbucker

I am learning Lead on "Cold company - Minus beer" - this song is very difficult
I have to use hammer-Ons and lift offs, on this song, tremolo, slides, bends, and so on.

rhythm on Are u mine by arctic monkeys - again this song looks good and sounds better - will make a second video this weekend as I have started.

Thankfully my pirated version fo the game works again so I have plans to try some new songs - if I can find time away from my PS4 :p

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Day [I don't know, lost count]

Some progress Screenshots
the bars in purple show 100% difficulty in that part of the song [meaning all the notes will have to be played with zero tolerance]

*i.imgur.com/9VXrfOm.jpg
*i.imgur.com/yiNe1jv.jpg
*i.imgur.com/uwtcvUy.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Guys, asking again. Please help me choose a sound pickup for my acoustic guitar so that I can play this game. I'm planning to spend upto rs. 1000 on this. The only one I found online is a Belcat pickup at furtardos online for 800 odd bucks. Any other suggestions?

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Guys, asking again. Please help me choose a sound pickup for my acoustic guitar so that I can play this game. I'm planning to spend upto rs. 1000 on this. The only one I found online is a Belcat pickup at furtardos online for 800 odd bucks. Any other suggestions?

You can try Bajaao.com. Good pickups are costly though. Go to some local music shops and see if they have something.

I would advise you to rather save some money and buy an entry-level electric guitar for 7-8 K. It will be much easier and comfortable to play than a cheap acoustic and also sound better.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I already have a Giveson acoustic (not really sure how reputed this brand is) and I guess the next decent step is to get a Pacifica or an epiphone les paul special 2 (round 12k). But everyone seems to tell me that it's better to start learning on an acoustic. it trains the fingers to really hold the string and actually hear the sound from the guitar rather than some processed cleaned out version of it. So you have get a better understanding of the sounds.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
I already have a Giveson acoustic (not really sure how reputed this brand is) and I guess the next decent step is to get a Pacifica or an epiphone les paul special 2 (round 12k). But everyone seems to tell me that it's better to start learning on an acoustic. it trains the fingers to really hold the string and actually hear the sound from the guitar rather than some processed cleaned out version of it. So you have get a better understanding of the sounds.

Bull $hit!
there is nothing like that. Are you going to be a musician for life? if so then be my guest, go and learn what each chord sounds like and train your ears before you train your fingers.

Electric guitar can do what an acoustic can do plus much more.

in india yamaha or epiphone is not for the learners. They are way too expensive. I bought pacifica because I wanted it, I didn't need it.

bikramjitkar

In the zone

Giveson is complete crap - acoustic or electric (The name itself is a ripoff of Gibson). In the 10k range, look for the following brands - Cort, Ibanez, LTD, Jackson, Squier, Yamaha, Epiphone.

Acoustic vs electric is a matter of taste. At a very basic level, if you want to sing and strum pop songs(and impress girls :p), play acoustic. If you want to play rock, get an electric. You have to hold down notes properly on both to sound good. But remember, cheap acoustics are much harder(and painful) to play than cheap electrics.

Top Bottom