Rocksmith 2014 progress report

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, all 5th chords have the same finger placements because they have the same intervals. All you need to do is identify the root and the rest of the fingerings fall into place as usual.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Well, all 5th chords have the same finger placements because they have the same intervals. All you need to do is identify the root and the rest of the fingerings fall into place as usual.

Yep, I'm just trying to learn shifting properly. I can't seem to figure out frets without looking at them. I've put stickers at 3, 5, 7, 9 and so on so I can recognize/feel the same with my thumb.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Yep, I'm just trying to learn shifting properly. I can't seem to figure out frets without looking at them. I've put stickers at 3, 5, 7, 9 and so on so I can recognize/feel the same with my thumb.

Then forget chords for a while and practice learning to traverse the various scales in the standard tuning.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Then forget chords for a while and practice learning to traverse the various scales in the standard tuning.

You are right. I really need to play the game that teaches scales.
Day 15 Nov 21
Anyway, I have some screen captures.
*imageshack.us/a/img43/958/kliw.jpg

You can see the chords that i have learned while playing this FPS game.
*imageshack.us/a/img33/6060/zo0h.jpg

Cleared the first progression on Chordead - new level, new chords and a few old ones.
*imageshack.us/a/img18/4613/zite.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Day 16 22 Nov,
Replayed castleChordead from scratch. Decided to pay more attention to shiftind between the power chords.
played dicksredux over and over again to improve my fretting. I seem to be lackong a lot in this department. Learning to find the fret without looking at the neck has become one of my main goals along with picking the correct string without looking.

So far I can pic the top 3 strings without looking but the rest take some looking into, Especially if the song requires some lead playback.

Day 17 23 Nov,
Today I hooked up my guitar to my PC and played the Ahem version of the game which has many DLC songs
I planned on playing some songs that were tuned to DropD tuning as opposed to the E standard that I play normally. Difference is only that the E string needs to be loosened a bit.
Played songs by nickelback and some hard rock songs and instantly got a performance rank of close to 50% with 80+ accuracy. This is really great and I could see that a song that started at level 1 instantly got up to level 50+ in a matter of a few correctly hit notes.
I Still say riff repeater is an awesome tool if you really wanna learn that one fav song of yours and show off to the world.
i'm thinking of making a video now of me playing a guitar and surprising my friends :p

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Achieved 95% mastery in the song Bring me to Life by Evanescence
Which literally means I can play the song without missing any note at full speed.

Haven't posted any update, been busy with work so could not post anything. However I kept playing everyday.

Day 30 6December
I can now say that I can play most of the songs with not much difficulty
I can pick the stings without looking at the strings.

I feel like I'm more suited with Lead rather than Rhythm but I can make a comment on that just yet.

I am gonna start the 60day challenge in January [Video's included]

This will be my last update until 30 December as I am going on a holiday

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Achieved 95% mastery in the song Bring me to Life by Evanescence
Which literally means I can play the song without missing any note at full speed.

Haven't posted any update, been busy with work so could not post anything. However I kept playing everyday.

Day 30 6December
I can now say that I can play most of the songs with not much difficulty
I can pick the stings without looking at the strings.

I feel like I'm more suited with Lead rather than Rhythm but I can make a comment on that just yet.

I am gonna start the 60day challenge in January [Video's included]

This will be my last update until 30 December as I am going on a holiday

What noob songs....Is there Purple Haze or Comfortably Numb?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
That's exactly what my brother said. Apparently the chords that it teaches first aren't the ones you should normally learn.

Even in the reccomnded songs (at low mastery levels) there are a number of power chords and stuff

Very addictive though. And the mini games are a great way to learn shifting, strings, frets, strumming and all

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I don't think floyd is there. But there are tracks by metallica (fear of the dark and a few others) and avenged sevenfold that have crazy finger burning solos.

debarshi

Otaku
Hey Gollum, can you check something for me?

Does the AHEM version have the Queens DLC pack? And for your original one, is it available for download? From what I saw in the Ubi forums, you have to have the original Rocksmith and a 10$ converter to use those DLCs in RS2014.

I bought the PC version from Snapdeal. Was the last piece left, probably. *excited*

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@debrshi: all the songs from the orignal rocksmith can be converted to the 2014 version. So I guess it shouldn't be too hard to get hold of

debarshi

Otaku
Okay I got it...... Got the game.... Hey Gollum, tell me how you started out.... *confused*

I started out as a Novice as I have some prior experience, and selected rhythm mode, but I'm getting leads rather than chords to play o_O.... Where did you get the F chord?

And how do I use the session mode?

By the way, though I'm using an electric accoustic, there is zero lag :)

If you could just tell me the settings you went through, and what you started first, then that would be great!!

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I started as a total noob on rocksmith here is what i did.

It'll give you a mix of leads and rhythm but will change the emphasis. For eg In lead mode you'll play all the solos.

Start with lessons, it'll teach you fretting, bends, sustains and all. On the start screen the game also gives you missions based on what it thinks you need to learn. So it'll send you to learn a reccomnded song or play a guitarcade game in the missions. I guess you've already started learn a song, that also gives you missions based on what you lacked in the song. Its a little confusing but you'll get the hang of it

Session mode is there on the main screen only. But it needs you to play a certain scale (haven't learned this yet), if you know that then just select the scale, the instruments that you want the computer to play and start jamming. If you already know some songs then you can check on the net for what scale they've been played on and tell that to rocksmith in session mode.

debarshi

Otaku
Thanks a lot for helping me out here.... Yeah, I think I'm getting it :) Yeah I started the song of REM

.... How much did you progress.... Can I add you on Uplay / Steam?

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
i always start with guitarcade
play chordead

im on holiday and dont have my guitar with me so cant play at all.

Top Bottom