Rocksmith 2014 progress report

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
will you be able to try it out with someone's acoustic guitar if possible? Also the tone cable is must required right?

everyone I know have either a Bass or regular electric.
the tone cable is a must. without that the game wont run or well, how is your pc or console supposed to know what you are playing? Its a precision device as it is also used to tune the guitar.

You can get the real tone cable from amazon and a cheap electric by giVson or java or Ashton and download the ahem version of the game. I have it as a mobile backup and it works just fine[it has all DLC's] :p

abhidev

Human Spambot
everyone I know have either a Bass or regular electric.
the tone cable is a must. without that the game wont run or well, how is your pc or console supposed to know what you are playing? Its a precision device as it is also used to tune the guitar.

You can get the real tone cable from amazon and a cheap electric by giVson or java or Ashton and download the ahem version of the game. I have it as a mobile backup and it works just fine[it has all DLC's] :p

To connect my guitar to the pc..I use a 6.35mm to 3.5mm coverter and connect it. So i thought that should be sufficient. :D

Thats what..I was gonna try the ahem version if it works with the acoustic guitar well :D

debarshi

Otaku
To connect my guitar to the pc..I use a 6.35mm to 3.5mm coverter and connect it. So i thought that should be sufficient. :D

Thats what..I was gonna try the ahem version if it works with the acoustic guitar well :D

Well, the russians were working on the no-cable patch for the ahem-version of the game, I guess its already out for the setup you mentioned, though its not working too well due to the low end sound cards (line in or mic in)

Just google Rocksmith No cable and you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm not allowed to post *bay links here, or I'd have linked you to the fix :)

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector

its not gonna work that way but you can surely try
man , you are tempting me .
the decision is all yours.
Planning to buy an electric guitar for my Bday (Jan). Rockyat, I ll be asking you for suggestions :p
feel free to ask any questions.

Well, the russians were working on the no-cable patch for the ahem-version of the game, I guess its already out for the setup you mentioned, though its not working too well due to the low end sound cards (line in or mic in)

Just google Rocksmith No cable and you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm not allowed to post *bay links here, or I'd have linked you to the fix :)
im happy with my ps3 version. pc copy is just a backup.

day7 nov 11
fuuuuuuuu no power at my place
only practiced shifting chords for like 15min and man was i insta-bored.
ps i only get around 2 hours after work to practice.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
will you be able to try it out with someone's acoustic guitar if possible? Also the tone cable is must required right?

An acoustic guitar will require the attachment of a pickup.

You do need a real tone cable for it to work too.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
the cable is more like a usb sound card with only one input
So the game detects the USb device to run.

Last edited:

digit1191

In the zone
feel free to ask any questions.

I have an acoustic guitar at home, my sister's... And I've been trying to lean the guitar since the past 4-5 months.
I've learnt basic scales, strumming patterns, open chords, and I can switch between chords fairly well. i'm an ultra beginner.

The thing is I have small hands and fingers. I can not hold the F or Bb chord comfortably because I of that.

The question : 1. Do electric guitars have a less wider neck so that I'll be able to reach all the frets ? Or do they come in sizes, so that I need to buy a bit smaller one?
2. Is having small hands a big disadvantage. Will I still be able to learn and play fairly well?

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
I have an acoustic guitar at home, my sister's... And I've been trying to lean the guitar since the past 4-5 months.
I've learnt basic scales, strumming patterns, open chords, and I can switch between chords fairly well. i'm an ultra beginner.

The thing is I have small hands and fingers. I can not hold the F or Bb chord comfortably because I of that.

The question : 1. Do electric guitars have a less wider neck so that I'll be able to reach all the frets ? Or do they come in sizes, so that I need to buy a bit smaller one?
2. Is having small hands a big disadvantage. Will I still be able to learn and play fairly well?

DUDE!
girls can play guitars! they have small hands. I have small hands lol
I would suggest you to go to a music shop and look at some gutiars. Mine has a pretty slender neck
moreover the way you hold a guitar neck matters a lot too.
the F5 chord that was super difficult to hold in the beginning super simple for me now
*www.tabs4acoustic.com/images/accords/photo-f5-133xxx.jpg

Ultra beginner lol good one

Answer to your questions
!
1: most electrics have thin necks
2:Small hands is not a disadvantage at all. If kids can play, Us adults can play too.

Here is a motivational video
[youtube]SmrbiTAU5-Y[/youtube]

digit1191

In the zone
DUDE!
girls can play guitars! they have small hands. I have small hands lol
I would suggest you to go to a music shop and look at some gutiars. Mine has a pretty slender neck
moreover the way you hold a guitar neck matters a lot too.
the F5 chord that was super difficult to hold in the beginning super simple for me now
*www.tabs4acoustic.com/images/accords/photo-f5-133xxx.jpg

Ultra beginner lol good one

Answer to your questions
!
1: most electrics have thin necks
2:Small hands is not a disadvantage at all. If kids can play, Us adults can play too.

Here is a motivational video
[youtube]SmrbiTAU5-Y[/youtube]

Ok u made me feel like an ultra n00b :p I'm gonna learn :)

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Day8 Nov12
Played for 2 hours today until my left had wrist started to hurt.
Checked a video on youtube and realized that I was keeping my left wrist bent at the wrong angle.

Minigame Chordead feels easy now but its difficult levels are well....hard.
Sarted a new song but forgot its name lol

I'm finding difficulty in shifting chords. there is like a seconds delay in moving my fingers.
I can do it fine if I look at the strings but not if I'm looking at the screen. [cmon muscle memory!]
My left Hand ring finger seems to be very weak.

F5 G5 and C5 look very easy now - still facing shifting issue between shifting from G5 to C5 and reverse. They are still one string up and down but still. [oh and this is not while looking at the strings]

Today my fingers hurt again not at the tips but joints sort of.

Started another song which includes a lot of Lead strings but they are simple [mental note, remember to remember the names of the songs]

I have a semi-electric acoustic guitar...well do we have any cheaper tone cables...the ubisoft ones is costly ?

nope, that is the only one and the only way to play the game

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Day9 nov13

played the song, we are the champions by queen. it was awesome.
also plyed a very simple song called le sera. its majory lead based and my right hand could surprisingly hit the correct string on 90% of the notes.
im slowly getting better at games that require picking single strings -related to lead playback.
played for 2half hours and i feel great. yesterday was not so good as i was majorly concentrating on one song.

did not learn any new chords. need to practice first with the onea that i have learnt so far.

the game has the next step ready for me but i'm gonna take my time and not rush into things.

digit1191

In the zone
Guys, I got link for a very good guitar leaning program. I've started learning using that. If anyone wants the *cough* link PM me :) I don't think I ll be able to share it here :p

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Day10 Nov14

Pain in my Fingers? What pain?

Never thought I would learn so much in such a short time.
Learned Chords Am, F/m, C, G - mostly between songs, not the mini games.
Total chords learned in 10days= E5 A5, F5, G5, C5, C, G, E, Am, F/m, F/c

I play majorly in the E Standard Tuning

Time seems to fly when I play.
I can last much longer now on DucksReduX- Lead game
Reached level 2 in Castle Chordead - Chords game
Gone Whalin - Fretting game - Its like a kids game to me now lol
String skip Saloon - picking game - really difficult at the start - try not to look at the strings and you will start to build your muscle memory to remember the location of each string. - I'm getting better at this.

These days I spend half an hour in the guitarcade as its more like warmup before I start to play any song.

Gonna make a video of gameplay soon.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Great to see so many people interested in learning guitar! I am an "intermediate" player (been playing for a couple of years now). Really interested in checking out Rocksmith mainly for the Session mode as I don't know anyone to jam with. Any links for buying the PC version? (out of stock on Flipkart :( )

PS: If you're looking for a good online teacher, check out justinguitar.com . Hands down, best guitar teacher on the internet and totally free!

Top Bottom