Rocksmith 2014 progress report

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
No Pain No Gain
Hehe totally, I believe you will hurt yourself more if your technique is wrong.
Great to see so many people interested in learning guitar! I am an "intermediate" player (been playing for a couple of years now). Really interested in checking out Rocksmith mainly for the Session mode as I don't know anyone to jam with. Any links for buying the PC version? (out of stock on Flipkart :( )

PS: If you're looking for a good online teacher, check out justinguitar.com . Hands down, best guitar teacher on the internet and totally free!
thanks for the link. try bootstrap or amazon.com
You can also get the game from Play-asia.com
^ you can get it via Steam trading. Then you'd have to get the cable elsewhere.
Or he can buy the same from Steam. However no cable with it.
yeah, the cable is the main thing as I've heard there's too much lag without it.

that is only with the pirated version of the game were people have made software fixes.

I believe, if you want to learn something, you will have to spend some money too.

Day11, Nov15

Played the usual games, gone whailing, sting skip saloon, chordead, ducks redux for a good half hour

Played most of the songs with E-standard tuning

Getting better at R.E.M. Losing my religion. The difficulty is increasing everyday.

Played some new songs with leads. having trouble with lead on the 4, 5 and 6th strings. I seem to miss the strings when I pick them without seeing the strings.

Been playing for close to 2hrs everyday for the past few days - feels great!

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Day 12 Nov17

Had to miss a day as I had to go away on a trip

Successfully completed the next level of Castle chordead
Now first 3 levels are clear.
I realized that this minigame teaches you power chords - which is good if you wanna rock hard and learn the basic chords that help you get along

played most of the songs relatively - As the difficulty increases, you may wanna use the riff repeater more often as in normal mode the game increases the difficulty as you play better - this I think is not so good as you may not be ready for the extra new chords that the game throws at you in real time.

Day13 Nov18

Bad day today
Power went off one too many times, spoiling my mood totally
So what did I do. I opened up the Ahem version of the game that had all the DLC's to date
And well I can confirm that the cable works just fine on PC too
the game ran well but even with my GF640 the game had some issues during the songs, eg. the notes did not come along the path smoothly but its still playable at 1080p
The DLC and rocksmith list is Huuuuuuuuuuuge!
Includes songs from Maroon5, Nickelback, Metallica and so many songs that are not a part of the standard Rocksmith 2014 Disc

The Rocksmith Real tone cable is a must or the game will not be able to pick up your guitar
The USB cable is nothing but another USB sound card with only one input - Guitar.
*img18.imageshack.us/img18/7233/yu9i.jpg

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
this I think is not so good as you may not be ready for the extra new chords that the game throws at you in real time.

This is actually a good thing. Keeps you "aware" about your guitar. You will get better as you play, and you will be able to move between frets more naturally and your chord-play will improve.

I would highly recommend learning the basics of music theory outside of rocksmith.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
This is actually a good thing. Keeps you "aware" about your guitar. You will get better as you play, and you will be able to move between frets more naturally and your chord-play will improve.

I would highly recommend learning the basics of music theory outside of rocksmith.

that is true. one day i tried to feel the strings with my eyes closed and i was surprised to be able to shift and more so, be able to plan my finger placement.

in the, while in a song. i sort of panic when i see a new chord. i then use the riff repeater to see how to hold the strungs for thar new chord.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
that is true. one day i tried to feel the strings with my eyes closed and i was surprised to be able to shift and more so, be able to plan my finger placement.

in the, while in a song. i sort of panic when i see a new chord. i then use the riff repeater to see how to hold the strungs for thar new chord.

Definitely use the riff repeater for practice, but try to get that panic out of your system. You will improve vastly as a guitarist just because of that. Seriously. It plays a huge role, especially in jamming.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
lol I'm a noob, what do you mean by 5th Chords?

The basic chord. Position 5 in any scale (in any order). He's saying you should have started with basic guitar and music training rather than chords.

If your scale is C-major, the regular 5th chord is C E G.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
The basic chord. Position 5 in any scale (in any order). He's saying you should have started with basic guitar and music training rather than chords.

oh that way. yea, I only have the game with me. I'm far from perfect, but getting there.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

NOnono...the formula for the 5th chord is 1-5 as opposed to the major chord's 1-3-5 (C-E-G). Therefore, C5 will be C-G or X355XXX

Even though 5th chords are easy, it is not good practice to start on these.

PS: Still can't find this game anywhere :(

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector

Call Game4u and ask them to order one for you. PC version of the game with cable will cost you 3k. You already have an EG so you don't need to spend too much.

Day 14, 20 Nov.

Did not play yesterday, Was too tired from work and decided to just go sleep.

Surprisingly I played the minigames for more than an hour until I actually realized that it has passed the 1hour mark.
>Cleared the first 3 levels of Chordead. Learnt new chord H5
>I'm getting better at realizing the strings without looking at them.

Feeling quite nice playing some songs now. :)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
After some digging I have come across some sites that claim that H5 is actually B5 (something about German notation) but nothing substantial as such.

Top Bottom