Review : Samsung Galaxy R I9103

It shows total 724MB of RAM out of which 270-300MB always remains consumed(for background processes of various apps & OS itself)...
lots of RAM remains unused even after running few apps simultaneously

My Galaxy Y uses just 170-180 MB RAM without any additional apps. Why is ur R using 270 MB ? I've Android 2.3.5 and i felt it same as in my friend's S2

red dragon

Master troll
Galaxy S2 and Y feels on 2.3.5 feels same to you?
The extra RAM is eaten up by the infamous Samsung bloatware, ofcourse Galaxy Y does not have so much of bloat(it wont be able to handle half of them)
Solution...root..install titanium back up pro..freeze all those bloatware..done!
Or cutom ROM, if there is any.
Head over to xda for detailed explanation.

Last edited:

vikas.kjs

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

Thanks for sharing such useful info and helping people like us to make a infomred choice about tech products. I have received my samsung galaxy R two days back.

Wanted to know how we can customize the applications using internet. I mean i want some app like gmail/whatsapp to be online but not all like pulse etc to continoulsy use the data. I want them to run when i am on wifi. Can somebody plz help me with this. Thanks a Ton in advance.

Regds,
Vikas

OP
ofabhishek

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
Hi,

Thanks for sharing such useful info and helping people like us to make a infomred choice about tech products. I have received my samsung galaxy R two days back.

Wanted to know how we can customize the applications using internet. I mean i want some app like gmail/whatsapp to be online but not all like pulse etc to continoulsy use the data. I want them to run when i am on wifi. Can somebody plz help me with this. Thanks a Ton in advance.

Regds,
Vikas

Go to Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Manage account -> choose which account can sync or not....

If you have too many application with background data syncing thn u can keep "Background data" off while on 2g/3g network & switch them on while on wi-fi
i think this is ur condition......

thanx...i vl b getting my sgr tomoro...vry much excited

u must've got ur SGR... Congrats...!!

share ur experience with it....

OP
ofabhishek

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
Thinking of buying it. How is the camera?

Camera of SGR is decent enough in daylight but in low-light conditions where u need to shoot object far from you(such as landscape scenes) it may disappoint you....
but it performs very well for closer subjects using flash

i'll be uploading some camera samples soon to help u further.......

red dragon

Master troll
Hi,

Regds,
Vikas

If you are rooted use droidwall.
Works perfect.

R2K

In the Zone
How is the build quality. ( Is the body made of plastic or is it metallic)
What about the sound quality through headset. ?

OP
ofabhishek

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
How is the build quality. ( Is the body made of plastic or is it metallic)
What about the sound quality through headset. ?

Build quality is decent till u open the back cover... back cover seems a bit fragile, its all plastic built although its shiny backcover gives u a feeling of metal.
I like its build quality & design too more than other galaxy phones out there...

Sound quality is good... it also depend upon wht earphone u use.. btw i've read somewhr in xda tht it also got the same DAC tht SGS has.... so voodoo may come to this device too..........though not 100% sure now

drpudhi

Hi,
Does any one tried tv out feature in this set using a MHL hdmi adapter... Does this phone support tv out...

OP
ofabhishek

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
Hi,
Does any one tried tv out feature in this set using a MHL hdmi adapter... Does this phone support tv out...

MHL adapter doesn't work with SGR(checked by some xda members)...... but it does support the USB-OTG feature
i'm gonna try tht soon......

punter

Hi,

Good to note that you are happy with the performance of you SGR. How do you compare it with S Plus ?

OP
ofabhishek

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
does it fit inside the pocket

it does

Hi,

Good to note that you are happy with the performance of you SGR. How do you compare it with S Plus ?

I havn't used SGS+ so can't compare directly... but i can answer why i chose SGR over SGS+

and thts for the dual-core proccy, 1gb RAM and slight bigger display..... and yea i'm okay with SC-LCD

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Hey abhishek I'm thinking to buy samsung galaxy R.Can you tell about it's build quality.Do you need a screen guard/cover to protect it?And do you recommend me buying this phone

chinar

Sirji,

If i update to ICS as (samsung has announced) then will still be left with 3.75 GB of internal memory?

and

If i get to use so less memory then i guess i wont be able to play any HD games coz those games are almost 4 GB in size?

Should i go in for SGR ??

Top Bottom