Review my blog, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Hey folks!
I'm running a blog dedicated to Linux and openSource over at *sathyasays.com/ Would love to hear some feedback/comments/criticism from you all.

And yes, I'm a noob when it comes to Web Tech, so any guidance would be really helpful!

Thanks & Cheers!
Sathya

OP
coolpcguy

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
@Rohan If you've read the articles properly whichever articles aren't mine, i've given a source, and most of them are incomplete, with the link to the complete article.
Few original articles haven't been written by me, That also has been mentioned either explicitly or in the author tag
@All Thanks for the comments. Welcome further criticism and feedback

shashank4u

Youngling
Nice blog there

suggestions:

Remove the forums
Write more original articles
Read more blogs in your niche
Adhere to a posting frequency

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
@Shashank: Thanks. Will keep your suggestions in mind.
And try to reduce some unwanted javascript and ajax on the page. initially it took me off but i found that it was my mistake. i was running package manager. but its still a bit slow.

:)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@Rohan If you've read the articles properly whichever articles aren't mine, i've given a source, and most of them are incomplete, with the link to the complete article.
Few original articles haven't been written by me, That also has been mentioned either explicitly or in the author tag

I have followed the links. What I meant to ask was have you put YOUR inputs into it.

Asking that is very impolite. You must know methods to do a truth check, so do that and THEN you can play around asking this.
I know its impolite but cannot help. Is that meaningful if you copy-paste articles and give a link to follow? People should write a 'blog', not a 'short news service'.
If you are discussing some news and refer to it, it would be acceptable.
They should put their inputs if they want the public to get hooked on. People will come back to your blog to hear your opinions and not for finding the latest news. Blogs are great tool if you want to promote your opinions.If its just copy-pasting, does not make a great impression on your visitors, regardless of what theme, color palette, font, etc etc you use. It would just make it a 'cute' webpage at most in that case.

PS: I am speaking only in general terms, not referring to Sathya's or anybody's blog.

Last edited:
OP
coolpcguy

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
@Rohan: To some, I have. To some others, I haven't.

@The Unknown: I don't know AJAX/JS :( Gonna have to read up on that

@Hitboxx, Shashwat: Thanks guys for the kind words

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@Rohan: To some, I have. To some others, I haven't.
Man! why are you taking it to yourself.
It was just that I want bloggers to tell where they have put their inputs. Who has the time to compare blog enteries to find the authors input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom